Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough
Talking I love this...

I love it that Miami Heat is having a terrible season...Is Dwayne Wade all that????? or was he created to be NBA's next "prodigal son" by David Stern and his crony referees...and now what...he is injured...oh pitty pitty!!!!

All of these at the expense of the Mavs in the 2005-2006 finals..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280204014

I hope they continue to loose 20 more games straight without a victory...they suck!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Karma's a bitch...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say I derive all that much enjoyment from the Heat losing anymore. They'll always be a team that I refuse to root for, but it really doesn't matter to me whether they lose or not at this point.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Can't say I derive all that much enjoyment from the Heat losing anymore. They'll always be a team that I refuse to root for, but it really doesn't matter to me whether they lose or not at this point.

I can't agree yet - give me another decade of Miami playing for lottery picks & we'll call it even... I think the Mavs got robbed & I can't think of more damning evidence than this season to prove that Miami had the Championship handed to them on a silver platter (I mean, has any other team gone from Champion to LAST PLACE in 2 seasons in ANY sport???)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

I still can't believe we lost to those azzwipes.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #6
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I can't agree yet - give me another decade of Miami playing for lottery picks & we'll call it even... I think the Mavs got robbed & I can't think of more damning evidence than this season to prove that Miami had the Championship handed to them on a silver platter (I mean, has any other team gone from Champion to LAST PLACE in 2 seasons in ANY sport???)
Don't get me wrong, I can't stand em, but I just don't care at this point if they lose. They're no longer relevant. The only teams I actively root for to lose are teams that actually pose a threat to the Mavs.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I love this also, in almost every game they are embarrassed by whoever they play. That's good for them, I hope they SUFFER. We'll see how great D-WHISTLE really is now. That championship they stole from us broke my heart. There are so many things that prove they did not deserve that championship: wade shot 97 freethrows in 6 games vs the mavericks, stackhouse was suspended for giving a good hard foul, the fake josh howard timeout in game 5, the backcourt violation on wade in game 5 that wasn't called, the BS foul on wade that gave wade the game winning freethrows in game 6, the foul on terry's last shot in game 6 that wasn't called. That series was one of the biggest screwjobs I've ever seen. All I can hope is that D-whistle and the rest of the Miami cHeat suffer for what they did. And I don't care if they get a number one pick because no number 1 pick is going to turn that team around by himself. But the thing that still hurts me is that if the mavs had kept pushing the ball like they did in game 1 and 2 they could have SWEPT that whole series but for some reason we decided to slow down the tempo which gave the Miami cHeat hope.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

We kinda felt the same way when you got your asses handed to you by the 8th seed last year, speaking about things that never happened before. We let them win 2 games on us? Dallas has become a non-factor, except for the one Stanley Cup, in sports over the last decade or so.You always have the better team, and are victims, bad snaps, pregame sex (now that's a classic), crooked refs, Stern hates us, East Coast bias and on and on. Reread the beginning of the Superbowl thread for the latest round of "we're the better team, they lucked out and don't deserve to be there...wah wah wah". Miami is currently sucking ass in all sports. It may turn around in a couple years, it may not. It's been 35 years since the last SuperBowl win. We've been fortunate to get a couple World Series and a "stolen" NBA title. I hope we never feel joy when someone from a rival team gets hurt, or our owners are more famous than our teams.Karma indeed.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse
We kinda felt the same way when you got your asses handed to you by the 8th seed last year, speaking about things that never happened before. We let them win 2 games on us? Dallas has become a non-factor, except for the one Stanley Cup, in sports over the last decade or so.You always have the better team, and are victims, bad snaps, pregame sex (now that's a classic), crooked refs, Stern hates us, East Coast bias and on and on. Reread the beginning of the Superbowl thread for the latest round of "we're the better team, they lucked out and don't deserve to be there...wah wah wah". Miami is currently sucking ass in all sports. It may turn around in a couple years, it may not. It's been 35 years since the last SuperBowl win. We've been fortunate to get a couple World Series and a "stolen" NBA title. I hope we never feel joy when someone from a rival team gets hurt, or our owners are more famous than our teams.Karma indeed.
Ohhhhh, you owned us! Burn! That's gonna sting for days.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
But the thing that still hurts me is that if the mavs had kept pushing the ball like they did in game 1 and 2 they could have SWEPT that whole series but for some reason we decided to slow down the tempo which gave the Miami cHeat hope.
I grow weary of the argument that Dallas could have won the Finals if they stuck to their game. Yes, they didn't stick to their game, but it's not because they were mentally weak. It's because they simply weren't allowed to.

Bad calls have a greater effect on games than the immediate penalty. When there is consistent one-sided officiating, both teams will figure that out and respond accordingly. Howard and Harris figure it out and stop driving into the paint and getting knocked to the floor because they can't get any calls. Shaq figures it out and starts elbowing people. Wade figures it out and isn't afraid to travel on the spin move. Stack doesn't figure it out and gets suspended.

Remember how the Mavs out-rebounded their opponents in every playoff game in the West that year (I believe that set an NBA record)? Then they didn't do the same with Miami. They weren't aggressive anymore, probably because they were afraid of loose ball fouls.

Of course, everyone remembers the ridiculous call with 0:26 left in Game 6 when Wade practically punched Dirk in the stomach to get to the line and essentially ice the game. But why did Wade lash out in the first place? Why was Dirk making a conscious effort to avoid him? Because any amount of contact would likely put Wade at the free throw line, and both guys knew it.

Sorry, but you just can't play your normal game under these circumstances.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #11
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Ohhhhh, you owned us! Burn! That's gonna sting for days.
Seems to have lasted a season and a half so far....judging the age of this thread and the content.

Last edited by aquaadverse; 02-05-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #12
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dude can you please shut the F up?! Don't be mad at us because your BS team is being EXPOSED as fakes. You guys love to blame everything on D-FAKE'S injury but thats BS also because I can still remember THE CHICAGO BULLS BEATING THE MIAMI cHEAT BY 42 POINTS ON THE NIGHT THAT THEY GOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS THAT THEY STOLE. That right there proved that you guys sucked, what kind of champions get beat by 42 points? Fake champions like the 2006 miami cHeat. Your team sucks face it, and if you are a D-FAKE fan why the hell are you on this site? Maybe you are too blind to see that you ain't welcome here similar to the way that you can't see that D-FAKE IS A PIECE OF SH*T AND THE REST OF THE MIAMI cHEATS CAN BE BEATEN BY A D-LEAGUE TEAM. STFU and go sit down fool. THE 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS WERE SWEPT BY THE CHICAGO BULLS LMAO. That showed how great you are you pathetic fools. The whole NBA owns the MIAMI CHEAT LMAO INCLUDING THE T-WOLVES LMAO! THE MIAMI cHEAT SUCKS!! LATER BITCHES!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #13
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Aren't they going to get a great draft pick next year?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #14
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS...eature=related

p.s. wade should have been called for a foul on this play.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #15
aquaadverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Dude can you please shut the F up?! Don't be mad at us because your BS team is being EXPOSED as fakes. You guys love to blame everything on D-FAKE'S injury but thats BS also because I can still remember THE CHICAGO BULLS BEATING THE MIAMI cHEAT BY 42 POINTS ON THE NIGHT THAT THEY GOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS THAT THEY STOLE. That right there proved that you guys sucked, what kind of champions get beat by 42 points? Fake champions like the 2006 miami cHeat. Your team sucks face it, and if you are a D-FAKE fan why the hell are you on this site? Maybe you are too blind to see that you ain't welcome here similar to the way that you can't see that D-FAKE IS A PIECE OF SH*T AND THE REST OF THE MIAMI cHEATS CAN BE BEATEN BY A D-LEAGUE TEAM. STFU and go sit down fool. THE 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS WERE SWEPT BY THE CHICAGO BULLS LMAO. That showed how great you are you pathetic fools. The whole NBA owns the MIAMI CHEAT LMAO INCLUDING THE T-WOLVES LMAO! THE MIAMI cHEAT SUCKS!! LATER BITCHES!
Little teste are we? I don't really see any mad in my comments.The two biggest yak jobs in NBA history belong to the Mavs. In consecutive years. That won't change no matter how hard you type your capitalized incoherence. Now, I could point out we left the playoffs in the same round last year. I could point out your MVP's numbers in that series, but your coach probably had as much to do with that as Dirk. Put on your Dirk mask, jump on your bicycle, put some pretty pinwheels on the handlebars and ride it along the planned parade route while blowing kisses until you feel better.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #16
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Minnesota currently has the pick but it is lotto protected.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #17
LSMF
Diamond Member

Quote:
Little teste are we? I don't really see any mad in my comments.The two biggest yak jobs in NBA history belong to the Mavs. In consecutive years. That won't change no matter how hard you type your capitalized incoherence. Now, I could point out we left the playoffs in the same round last year. I could point out your MVP's numbers in that series, but your coach probably had as much to do with that as Dirk. Put on your Dirk mask, jump on your bicycle, put some pretty pinwheels on the handlebars and ride it along the planned parade route while blowing kisses until you feel better.
Dude you just proved that your a cornball, it's not even worth talking to you, please do yourself and everyone else a favor and just go lay down in traffic somewhere. You are no longer needed.