Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default Trade proposal from a Clippers forum... very interesting

I recently read this trade proposal from a Clippers forum on Realgm and many Clips fans over there seem to really like this idea. From a Mavs fan perspective I also really like this idea but was wondering what many here think.

Clippers Get:
-Josh Howard
-Jason Terry

Dallas Gets:
Maggette (S&T)
Mobley
#6 pick in this year's draft
Clips 1st rounder in 09-10 draft

Why Dallas does it:
-We get back into the draft to get someone like Augustine at #6...a quick PG in the Chris Paul mold that could be a student and back up to Kidd.
-We get the Clips #1 pick next year, essentially making up for giving our future pick to NJ
-We shed some serious salary in Terry and Howard and get back what is, in my opinion, a wash on talent in Maggette and Mobley and we get bigger and better defensively in the process.

Why the Clips do it (in their words):
-They bring in two veterans with playoff experience
-They get Howard who is an All-Star caliber player
-They get Terry who can play 1 or 2 and can shoot the three pointer
-They feel Howard and Terry will be better fits with the Clips because they have a low post combination of Kaman and Brand.

What Dallas would look like:
Damp / ?
Dirk / Bass
Maggette / (FA=James Jones?)
Mobley / Wright / R.Terry
Kidd / Augustine

What the Clips would look like:
C: Kaman
PF:Brand
SF:Thorton
SG:Howard /
PG:Terry / Knight

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't be #1 on my list, but might be #2.

Your trading chips, IMO are
1) Howard
2) Terry
3) Kidd (IMO)
4) Stack - to a degree
5) Bass

Mobley is basically Terry
Magette is basically Howard (except he goes to the rim)

If you could get Augustin... it might be worth it.

You still need an inside force (West, Boozer, Gasol, Brand, JO, Shaq) etc.....but you could take your chances that Kidds expiring would get you that.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Um, I would do that in a nanosecond, but the Clippers would never, ever do that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Take out the draft picks the Clippers would be giving up and it's a pretty fair trade. Two lottery picks for Josh Howard is ludicrous.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Two lottery picks? Man, that's pretty enticing.

You're going to have to get a major shooter though to fill the Jet void. Sorry, I wouldn't count on Mobley and he's not going to be around for a lot longer.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Take out the draft picks the Clippers would be giving up and it's a pretty fair trade. Two lottery picks for Josh Howard is ludicrous.
I agree two lottery picks would be a nice return for Howard and Terry but there is the chance they could make the playoffs with that lineup and have that pick not be lottery bound. They could also choose to lottery protect that 09-10 pick and if it was lottery protected we would get their unconditional 2010-2011 first round pick.

That means that if we couldn't get it done (win a championship) by then we could shed some serious salary by trading Dirk for youth/picks and we would already have two first rounders in that year's draft to build with.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 04-30-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

It could be interesting for us but I think it makes the Clippers pretty strong if that group could ever stay healthy. If we did have the 6th pick this year, DJ Augustin is definitely not the guy to take. Undersized, he gets dominated by superior length and athleticism (see: Derrick Rose in regional game). This team more than anything needs an explosive 2. Maybe an OJ Mayo type playmaker

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
I agree two lottery picks would be a nice return for Howard and Terry but there is the chance they could make the playoffs with that lineup and have that pick not be lottery bound. They could also choose to lottery protect that 09-10 pick and if it was lottery protected we would get their unconditional 2010-2011 first round pick.

That means that if we couldn't get it done (win a championship) by then we could shed some serious salary by trading Dirk for youth/picks and we would already have two first rounders in that year's draft to build with.
I get why you'd like the deal if you're the Mavs, but if you think it's better to have Mobley, Maggette and two 1sts as opposed to Howard and Terry, what's going to keep the Clippers from agreeing with you?

I see Mobley/Terry being pretty much even, the Clips get a slightly better player, the Mavs save a boatload of cash. I also see Maggette/Howard being pretty much even. So if the players alone make an even trade, the Clippers aren't going to want to throw in draft picks on top of that.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Terry is more than slightly better than Mobly, that would be my only beef with that analysis.

Other than that, as usual I agree with Vinny.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
but if you think it's better to have Mobley, Maggette and two 1sts as opposed to Howard and Terry, what's going to keep the Clippers from agreeing with you?
The awful state of mediocrity they're trying to get out of.

I think Howard is a better all around player than Maggette and I think Terry is a better shooter than Mobley. To me it just comes down to what situation the team is in and what their needs are and what our needs are.

They need a better all around player and a better three point shooter who can play the 1 or 2 to compliment their main assets (Brand & Kaman). We need a strong, physical slasher and draft picks since we just traded ours away. Mobley is a throw in guy because he's expendable and overpaid but he can play a role on this team.

If you remember in the off-season they were considering trading Terry for Maggette. Now we're giving them Terry AND Howard for Maggette plus an older and overpaid veteran. They have to equal that deal somewhere and it just so happens thay have the resources in draft picks.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by me770706
It If we did have the 6th pick this year, DJ Augustin is definitely not the guy to take. Undersized, he gets dominated by superior length and athleticism (see: Derrick Rose in regional game). This team more than anything needs an explosive 2. Maybe an OJ Mayo type playmaker
Most likely Mayo won't be available at 6. Here are the guys we'd be looking at:

Jerryd Bayless
Eric Gordon
DJ Augustin
Anthony Randolph
Kevin Love
Deandre Jordan

The only guy other than Augustin that I think is worth the 6th pick on that list is Deandre Jordan. The guy is an athletic freak and many say he could be the next Dwight Howard. It would be nice to give Kidd an ahtletic low post option.

Deandre Jordan scouting report:
Positives: Big-time athlete. Great body. Very long. Explosive leaper. Excellent
rebounder and shot-blocker. Great hands. Strong finisher around the basket. Runs the floor well. Very quick for a big guy. Developing hook shot in the paint.
Summary: On talent and physical ability, he's got the makings of a Top 5 pick. Jordan would be the No. 1 pick in the draft if he were producing anywhere near the numbers of the guys ranked ahead of him. However, his poor second half has hurt his stock somewhat. If he stays in the draft, he'll go in the lottery even though he's a work in progress. While it's difficult to pinpoint his position exactly, it's hard to see him slipping out of the lottery.

DJ Augustin
Positives
Quick, athletic point guard with excellent court leadership skills. Can make passes
few NBA point guards can pull off. Does an excellent job of probing and keeping his dribble until the right pass opens up. Excellent shooter with legit NBA 3-point range. Shows the right balance between scoring and getting his teammates involved. Gets to the free-throw line and sinks his shots. NBA body. Excellent finisher in traffic.
Summary
Augustin was one of the two or three best freshmen point guards in the country last season. With Kevin Durant gone, Augustin stepped up and helped Texas have a great season -- better in fact than the it did last year with Durant on board. He continues to develop as a leader and his combination of quickness and shooting ability make him one of the best point guard prospects in the draft. He was dominated by Derrick Rose in the tournament, but who wasn't? He should go somewhere between No. 7 and No. 12 on draft night.

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 04-30-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Clippers Get:
-Josh Howard
-Jason Terry

Dallas Gets:
Maggette (S&T)
Mobley
#6 pick in this year's draft
Clips 1st rounder in 09-10 draft

?

book it
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Love it, will never happen.

I especially love the draft picks... we very badly need fearless young players.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I would take that deal. Josh probably in the big scheme is a better player than Maggette, but Maggette does what we NEED. We need a guy attacking the basket.

It would save us some cash long term, as mentioned.

I would look at Kevin Love too with that pick. He's not my dead on pick, but you would have to look at him. Those picks added to the players would be huge.

They are the clippers, they won't make the playoffs, so they'll be lottery picks.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #15
DelNegro

Quote:
The awful state of mediocrity they're trying to get out of.

I think Howard is a better all around player than Maggette and I think Terry is a better shooter than Mobley. To me it just comes down to what situation the team is in and what their needs are and what our needs are.

They need a better all around player and a better three point shooter who can play the 1 or 2 to compliment their main assets (Brand & Kaman). We need a strong, physical slasher and draft picks since we just traded ours away. Mobley is a throw in guy because he's expendable and overpaid but he can play a role on this team.

If you remember in the off-season they were considering trading Terry for Maggette. Now we're giving them Terry AND Howard for Maggette plus an older and overpaid veteran. They have to equal that deal somewhere and it just so happens thay have the resources in draft picks.
If they want to get out of mediocracy they need to keep their lottery draft picks. The talent upgrade they'd get from using those picks themselves is going to far exceed any talent difference there is between Howard/Terry and Maggette/Mobley.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #16
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
If they want to get out of mediocracy they need to keep their lottery draft picks. The talent upgrade they'd get from using those picks themselves is going to far exceed any talent difference there is between Howard/Terry and Maggette/Mobley.
True but most likely with those picks they'll have to do some waiting and grooming as opposed to instantly getting better with the trade.

Meanwhile the Lakers...

Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

I'd do it in a second, but I doubt the Clippers would.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I love the trade... but again, its not like Cuban and Donnie or anyone else who really matter come on these boards and read our trade scenarios... EMAIL them! .. seriously, we should email the people who matter our thoughts on what should go down. Who knows if it is an idea that they are already thinking of or havent thought of at all to present..
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

where do we email them?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #20
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/mailbox/email_mark.html
Old 05-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #21
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

This is interesting. Now, if only it was realistically possible.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #22
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

we would get 2 #1's? no brainer.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

I'd even do a Howard for (S&T)Maggette and this year's #1 pick.

They wouldn't get Terry (who they like) in that deal but I could see them biting on that.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know they like Terry?

Contact Me
Old 05-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #25
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

That seems to good to be true, I don't think the Clips do this (their fans must be crazy, wanting to take on Terrys contract).

We do it without thinking twice, maybe we could actually fool them into this by asking for only this years pick.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #26
DelNegro

Quote:
I'd even do a Howard for (S&T)Maggette and this year's #1 pick.

They wouldn't get Terry (who they like) in that deal but I could see them biting on that.
Again, the Clippers aren't going to see a need to give up a high lottery pick just so that they can exchange their 20ppg scorer for yours.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #27
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
How do you know they like Terry?
Well I don't know what the front office is thinking but I'm just basing that off of what I've read on Clippers forums and it appears he would be a nice fit over there.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd settle for the Clippers doing a SNT (Magette) to Dallas for Terry.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #29
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Here is why the clippers fans are all over this.

1. Maggette is gone and maybe for nothing. They are willing to get Howard essentially for low-mid lottery pick in a lottery that does not have a sure fire player after the first 2.
2. They get Terry who can play the point. Have you noticed they don't have anyone who can paly the point and no one at the #6 will help them out.
3. They instantly get back into the playoff hunt with Terry and Howard to go with Kaman and Brand. Don't know if they have enough in their bench to really contend but its a hell of a lot better than where they are with no magette and another rookie.
4. Brand and Kaman are in their prime, use them to trade them and start over. Sound familar.

NOTE: I'm and Aggie and watching Jordan was excruitiating. Yes he has the physical tools but it will take him time to turn them into something great. That said, his game reminds me much more of a rookie Amare than Howards. He finishes around the basket but does not have any real polish away. Really needs to work on a lot, but if you want a back up center who might be able to hang with those guys then he is someone to look at.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #30
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

heck yea , i'd do that without hesitation, i dont see sterling bringing on those big ol contracts but putting them behind elton brand might be worth it to him.
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #31
alby
Guru

I don't think anyone would be against this trade.

Contact Me
Old 05-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #32
BGMaverick9
Guru

The only part I don't like about the deal is the fact we lose Jet and the shooting. I really don't feel as amped about Mobley like I am with Jet, plus he's near the end of the career. We would certainly have to address that in FA. Other than that, it's a big help to us.

Those two picks, especially the one this year would be big. It's going to get us a potential impact player this year or next year with the pick. The Clippers are going to get better, but I still don't think they'll make it into the playoffs, so it would be an additional first round pick.

And then you get Maggette on top of that.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #33
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
Do it.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

What the heck were you doing on a Clippers forum?
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #35
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Is Mobley good.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #36
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

what makes this so enticing is that we could move terry, who's basically under contract for what seems like the next 18 years.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #37
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
What the heck were you doing on a Clippers forum?
lol, I knew that question would come up.

Just scouting the scene and seeing whether there is any interest in Mavs players over there. I was also reading up on their thoughts about Maggette considering he is a guy most on this forum would like to trade for.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #38
DIRKNOWITZKI

DIRKNOWITZKI is on a distinguished road

Im not sure that we would want to be at 6. I think either around 4 where we could take Brook Lopez, or around 13 to draft Chase Budinger. Jajuan Smith out of Tennessee would be a great fit in round 2, i guarantee JaJuan will make 8-9 All-Star teams
DIRKNOWITZKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #39
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRKNOWITZKI
Im not sure that we would want to be at 6. I think either around 4 where we could take Brook Lopez, or around 13 to draft Chase Budinger. Jajuan Smith out of Tennessee would be a great fit in round 2, i guarantee JaJuan will make 8-9 All-Star teams
You do know you can pick someone ranked below 6 with the 6th pick, right? heh. And if they had the 4th pick... Im sure we would want that one over the 6th.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #40
DIRKNOWITZKI

DIRKNOWITZKI is on a distinguished road

im just saying brook lopez (the top center) wont be there at 6. and i think 6 is too early for budinger. but the lottery hasnt happened yet so this whole thread is irrelevant
DIRKNOWITZKI is offline   Reply With Quote