Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-11-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold
Default Post Your Fantasy Football Team

Post your best (or only) fantasy football team. Mine:

Active:

QB: Brett Favre
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Steven Jackson
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Larry Fitzgerald
WR3: Terrell Owens
TE: Antonio Gates
DST: Bears
K: Nick Folk

Bench:

Owen Daniels
Cowboys DST
Joey Galloway
Torry Holt
Jamal Lewis
Donovan McNabb
Hines Ward

Ownage at ESPN confirmed.

Oh yeah, I'm in a 10 team ESPN league where everyone is active.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-11-2008 at 02:59 AM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

You not having Tom Brady is what, spite?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

I don't know. I'm trying to get like Big Ben or Romo. No one wants to give them up to me. But look, I got TO for Roy Williams straight up, and the guy said I was dumb because Patrick Crayton is better. Same thing happened with the Brandon Jacobs for Jamal Lewis trade (same guy). And that same guy released Hines Ward and Torry Holt for I don't know why, so I picked them up on the waiver wire.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Post your best (or only) fantasy football team. Mine:

Active:

QB: Brett Favre
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Steven Jackson
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Larry Fitzgerald
WR3: Terrell Owens
TE: Antonio Gates
DST: Bears
K: Nick Folk

Bench:

Owen Daniels
Cowboys DST
Joey Galloway
Torry Holt
Jamal Lewis
Donovan McNabb
Hines Ward

Ownage at ESPN confirmed.

Oh yeah, I'm in a 10 team ESPN league where everyone is active.

Were you drafting with idiots...b/c that's an awesome team.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Now, my draft went normally actually: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/d...leagueId=38138

I just traded with an idiot.

Look at his team: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2008

Then mine: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...&seasonId=2008

Lulz. I wish this league was for money. Damn.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have to see the point settings in your league. You made some VERY questionable draft choices, if not outright mistakes, if you are in a standard league. Starting in Round 8 your wheels really fell off. You are going to severely pay for that with your bench (which is horrible). Your starters are good, though.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Chum...bring the fantasy analysis, I can't wait until our league starts!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'd have to see the point settings in your league. You made some VERY questionable draft choices, if not outright mistakes, if you are in a standard league. Starting in Round 8 your wheels really fell off. You are going to severely pay for that with your bench (which is horrible). Your starters are good, though.
I know I did. I think my bench now is fine though. I have a good RB in Jamal Lewis, great receivers in Ward/Holt, then a good QB in McNabb.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's hard to trust McNabb...

I think you're alright with the RBs, potentially shaky at QB and I think holding your own in the WR dept. but those guys are always tough to gage.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I just packaged a McNabb + Cowboys DST for Romo. Let's see if it works.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just packaged a McNabb + Cowboys DST for Romo. Let's see if it works.
Oh my GOD! What are those fools thinking? It will be interesting to see if your league (or commissioner) even allows that trade!

I started to wonder just now...is this one of those leagues where you have to draft starters at every position before you can draft depth? Or are the settings dramatically different than the standard yahoo format?

I'd like to see the settings in your league. They must be crazy weighted toward defense, for you to draft one in the second round and some fool to just trade Romo for McNabb and Cowboys defense.

But then again, it still wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, because the difference between the Dallas DST and any DST off the street shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the difference between Romo and McNabb. Color me very confused.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
It's hard to trust McNabb...

I think you're alright with the RBs, potentially shaky at QB and I think holding your own in the WR dept. but those guys are always tough to gage.
I thought roughly the same thing. There is now way I could have felt good about having McNabb and Favre at QB. McNabb is flat out untrustable at this point, and I am skeptical about what Favre is going to offer in a new offense.

I'll be very surprised if Holt isn't living on the waiver wire after the first few weeks, and Galloway is one of those feast-or-famine players who is likely to famine much more than feast next year. It would be hard to ever start him on this particular team. Looks like great trade bait for me.

The RB's are just far too shallow. That's the main reason the depth on this team is frightening. I'll have to look at the draft again, but I'm betting he passed on some good running options when he drafted Johnson and definitely when he drafted DST. I also might not have drafted a TE that high, and if it were me I would have drafted Witten in front of Gates. Gates just isn't the fantasy difference maker he used to be.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

Favre is medium-risk and high reward. McNabb is just a big injury risk waiting to happen. I would be stunned too why the DST would be that value to make up the difference between McNabb and Romo. Hmmm...I've gotta think idiots are in play in your league, lol.

chum, I'm excited for the trades and everything in our league. I'm excited for a lot of activity. The Thrill-Seekers will be ready!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #14
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Oh my GOD! What are those fools thinking? It will be interesting to see if your league (or commissioner) even allows that trade!

I started to wonder just now...is this one of those leagues where you have to draft starters at every position before you can draft depth? Or are the settings dramatically different than the standard yahoo format?

I'd like to see the settings in your league. They must be crazy weighted toward defense, for you to draft one in the second round and some fool to just trade Romo for McNabb and Cowboys defense.

But then again, it still wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, because the difference between the Dallas DST and any DST off the street shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the difference between Romo and McNabb. Color me very confused.
No, no, I'm trying to trade McNabb + Cowboys for Romo. He'll probably decline like he did earlier when I had Rivers, but we'll see.

Here is my league though: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueo...leagueId=38138

But I drafted defense in like the eighth round (Bears).

Should I pick up Garrad? He is on the waiver wire.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-11-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
No, no, I'm trying to trade McNabb + Cowboys for Romo. He'll probably decline like he did earlier when I had Rivers, but we'll see.

Here is my league though: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueo...leagueId=38138

But I drafted defense in like the eighth round (Bears).

Should I pick up Garrad? He is on the waiver wire.
Oh, you are trying to get that deal. Well, good luck!!

Should you pick up Garrard? Didn't you draft him in like the 11th round??
Old 08-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
chum, I'm excited for the trades and everything in our league. I'm excited for a lot of activity. The Thrill-Seekers will be ready!
I haven't looked at our league yet to remind myself what the settings are. I remember there was one d-m.com league last year that had individual defensive players and some crazy defensive scoring overall. I hope this is the more traditional one.

I have taken to muchly preferring PPR leagues. That's what my main league (the $100+ one and thus the one that gets my most interest) switched to last year, and I thought it added a great deal of strategy to the league without making things crazy. For example, the astute player in this league realizes that WR is a more valuable position than RB and adjusts accordingly. It also gives value to the possession receiver that doesn't necessarily strike for a lot of touchdowns. To me, this is much closer to the situation in the actual game. Receivers who catch a lot of balls normally gain a lot of first downs, which often ends up in the RB finishing with a short-yardage score. But that RB doesn't get that softy scoring chance if his possession receiver isn't out there moving the chains. I love PPR, and I find it the purest sort of FF game.

Last edited by chumdawg; 08-11-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #17
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Oh, you are trying to get that deal. Well, good luck!!

Should you pick up Garrard? Didn't you draft him in like the 11th round??
I did, but then I traded him away for TO, then the guy I traded him to released him.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

Can you post your trades?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #19
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Here they go. I'm "HTX" by the way:

(1) traded Terrell Owens, Dal WR to Guerillas
HTX traded Roy Williams, Det WR to crew
HTX traded David Garrard, Jac QB to crew

DAVI traded Jamal Lewis, Cle RB to Guerillas
HTX traded Edgerrin James, Ari RB to davis
HTX traded Steve Slaton, Hou RB to davis

(1) traded Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB to Guerillas
HTX traded Ahman Green, Hou RB to crew

(1) traded Steven Jackson, StL RB to Guerillas
(1) traded Brett Favre, NYJ QB to Guerillas
HTX traded Jamal Lewis, Cle RB to crew
HTX traded Philip Rivers, SD QB to crew

HTX traded Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB to crew
(1) traded Jamal Lewis, Cle RB to Guerillas
Old 08-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, okay, now I get it. You and "crew" are teaming up on the league.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #21
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Man, hell no. I don't even know crew (changed it to #1, and no he is GNOT). He's the league idiot with what he's doing. Dropping good players like Ward, Welker, etc. I don't know what's up with him.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 08-11-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I haven't looked at our league yet to remind myself what the settings are. I remember there was one d-m.com league last year that had individual defensive players and some crazy defensive scoring overall. I hope this is the more traditional one.

I have taken to muchly preferring PPR leagues. That's what my main league (the $100+ one and thus the one that gets my most interest) switched to last year, and I thought it added a great deal of strategy to the league without making things crazy. For example, the astute player in this league realizes that WR is a more valuable position than RB and adjusts accordingly. It also gives value to the possession receiver that doesn't necessarily strike for a lot of touchdowns. To me, this is much closer to the situation in the actual game. Receivers who catch a lot of balls normally gain a lot of first downs, which often ends up in the RB finishing with a short-yardage score. But that RB doesn't get that softy scoring chance if his possession receiver isn't out there moving the chains. I love PPR, and I find it the purest sort of FF game.

I know PPR are the rage for a lot of people, I've actually never done a league that has that in the scoring system. It's just been real, real basic. But I totally get where you are coming from with that, it really makes a lot of sense.

I just checked and ours has individual D players:
QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

That's the most I've drafted or started in any league. Looks like I'll have to do some more studying...good thing I have time.

GuerillaBlack, I would get Garrard if you could. He's still on the up-tick, even if it's a run-heavy team.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, god, it IS that league. I wish we could change some settings. That's like a freakin' lottery.

Why even bother with a W/T flex slot? Why not just call it four WR's?

And ugh, I hate starting two QB's. This is the gayest setup I've ever seen. Of course, when you have sike at the controls...
Old 08-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

Haha. I was going to say it's a good thing that this a 10 team league because the depth is going to be kind of ugly at the end...but alas, it's TWELVE team league.

I'm sure Evilmav2 is open to suggestions for changes...just gotta talk to him. The W/T position is a little flimsy when you've got another flex position. I've never drafted IDPs so that's where I've gotta do a lot of my work and then the bottom end of the line even if it's a crapshoot and people will just go with gut-feelings.

But like I said, we can talk to Evilmav2...I'm sure he's open to it.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

Don't bother spending time on researching drafting IDP's. In a league like this, you can just put all their names in a hat. I won't even draft one, if that tells you anything.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #26
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i was thinking about doing an espn league using auction style drafting anyone be interested in that?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #27
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
i was thinking about doing an espn league using auction style drafting anyone be interested in that?
I'd jump on that if other folks are interested...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #28
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

That's what she said.

What is an auction style?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

In my main league, I had the 8th pick (out of 10). This is a PPR league. Here is my team, round-by-round:

Steven Jackson - RB
Braylon Edwards - WR
Brandon Marshall - WR
Earnest Graham - RB
Tony Gonzalez - TE
Roddy White - WR
Jay Cutler - QB
Marvin Harrison - WR
Jonathan Stewart - RB
Bryant Johnson - WR
Aaron Rodgers - QB
Rashard Mendenhall - RB
Ray Rice - RB
Joey Galloway - WR
DeAngelo Williams - RB
Old 08-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #30
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

8man league, lot of positions to fill:
QB: Drew Brees
QB: Derek Anderson
WR: Braylon Edwards
WR: Andre Johnson
WR:Roy Williams
RB: LT
RB:Michael Turner
TE: T-Gonz
W/R: Reggie Bush (w/ Mendenhall and matt Forte on the bench)
W/T: Nate Burleson (W/ steve smith on the bench, the panthers one.)
Old 08-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #31
BGMaverick9
Guru

chum, that's haas stuff right there. You've got a major upside group of WRs and if Harrison can come back into relatively good form...man.
Very good stuff! I just wish terrible luck for you on Saturday.

Quote:
In my main league, I had the 8th pick (out of 10). This is a PPR league. Here is my team, round-by-round:

Steven Jackson - RB
Braylon Edwards - WR
Brandon Marshall - WR
Earnest Graham - RB
Tony Gonzalez - TE
Roddy White - WR
Jay Cutler - QB
Marvin Harrison - WR
Jonathan Stewart - RB
Bryant Johnson - WR
Aaron Rodgers - QB
Rashard Mendenhall - RB
Ray Rice - RB
Joey Galloway - WR
DeAngelo Williams - RB
Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
8man league, lot of positions to fill:
QB: Drew Brees
QB: Derek Anderson
WR: Braylon Edwards
WR: Andre Johnson
WR:Roy Williams
RB: LT
RB:Michael Turner
TE: T-Gonz
W/R: Reggie Bush (w/ Mendenhall and matt Forte on the bench)
W/T: Nate Burleson (W/ steve smith on the bench, the panthers one.)
I love your QB's and your top receiver, particularly since you already have LT on the roster. (I also am very high on Cleveland this season.) I'm a little worried about Johnson's injuries, but when he's on he's on. If he can stay healthy, he should do some damage in that offense.

Williams scares me, too, but mostly just because I pretty much hate that Detroit offense. But there is no denying the talent.

If Turner or Mendenhall or Forte hit for you, you will have a stout squad. I also like the bet you took on Steve Smith. He'll round back into form, I think.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
chum, that's haas stuff right there. You've got a major upside group of WRs and if Harrison can come back into relatively good form...man.
Very good stuff! I just wish terrible luck for you on Saturday.
Thanks. I definitely took some gambles, though, so I'm going to need the good help of Providence...
Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #34
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
I love your QB's and your top receiver, particularly since you already have LT on the roster. (I also am very high on Cleveland this season.) I'm a little worried about Johnson's injuries, but when he's on he's on. If he can stay healthy, he should do some damage in that offense.

Williams scares me, too, but mostly just because I pretty much hate that Detroit offense. But there is no denying the talent.

If Turner or Mendenhall or Forte hit for you, you will have a stout squad. I also like the bet you took on Steve Smith. He'll round back into form, I think.
yeah, I took steve smith in like the 8th round lol. no one wanted to take a chance on him..I couldnt believe it. he's still a top 15 WR, even if he's having some problems at the moment.

one of those 3 unproven RBs are sure to have a good year. all three of them have had excellent preseasons
Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #35
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:

Steven Jackson - RB
Braylon Edwards - WR
Brandon Marshall - WR
Earnest Graham - RB
Tony Gonzalez - TE
Roddy White - WR
Jay Cutler - QB
Marvin Harrison - WR
Jonathan Stewart - RB
Bryant Johnson - WR
Aaron Rodgers - QB
Rashard Mendenhall - RB
Ray Rice - RB
Joey Galloway - WR
DeAngelo Williams - RB
this league a standard position league? if so you're in good shape. I hear good things about ray rice..he's just a willis mcgahee injury away from being a good back...on a notsogood team
Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 PM   #36
BGMaverick9
Guru

Chum I think your only reach is the 2nd RB...other than that you've got a stable of potential guys who can fill that role. As long as SJax is full-on this year and doesn't go Alexander on the Rams, then you just have to figure one of those guys will actually pan out for you if Graham can't.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Chum I think your only reach is the 2nd RB...other than that you've got a stable of potential guys who can fill that role. As long as SJax is full-on this year and doesn't go Alexander on the Rams, then you just have to figure one of those guys will actually pan out for you if Graham can't.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about Graham. Brandon Jacobs went right before I picked. Here are the picks after Graham and before I drafted again:

Holt
McGahee
Witten
Eli Manning
Steve Smith
Roy Williams
Chris Chambers
Maroney
Palmer
Gates
Willie Parker
Roethlisberger
Santonio Holmes
Anquan Boldin

The next RB's drafted were:

McFadden
Ronnie Brown
Mike Turner
Selvin Young
Edge James

I'm not a fan of McGahee or Maroney. I wouldn't touch Parker right now with a ten foot pole. So, there wasn't just a whole lot to choose from at that point, unless I wanted to load up with another receiver (which maybe I should have done). The one thing bugging me is that McFadden was available when I selected Roddy White. I do love Roddy White, and this is a PPR league where WR's are more valuable than RB's, but perhaps I made a mistake there. What do you think the best strategy would have been? I had Jackson and Edwards and Marshall at that point...PPR league with two WR's, two RB's, and a flex.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #38
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

My fantasy team:

QB - Romo
RB - MB III
RB - Felix Jones
WR - Owens
WR - Crayton
W / R - Hurd
TE - Witten
K - Folk

Individual Defender - Adam Jones
Team Defense - Dallas

I think it should be a pretty solid squad overall.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-27-2008 at 12:24 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #39
chumdawg
Guru

Wow, you got lucky to land Romo in the third round after talking MB3 and TO in the first two. Witten in the fourth will probably be good value, if you are in a PPR league. I guess you are, since you also took Felix Jones, who will catch a lot of balls either out of the backfield or as a split end. Who do you have on your bench in case Felix starts slow or doesn't put up a lot of fantasy numbers?

I'm concerned about your WR depth. Owens and Crayton will obviously net you a lot of TD's as a tandem, as well as catch a lot of balls and get a lot of yards. Since they are both Cowboys, you don't have to worry about some scrub receiver stealing TD's from your main guys. Except, Hurd as your #3?? That is a HUGE reach. Who else was available when you drafted him?

Folk will pick you up a lot of points (does the guy ever miss?), and the Dallas DEF won't hurt you. Adam Jones...meh...I don't know much about IDP's, since none of my leagues use them (and even if they did I would just cruise the waiver wire from time to time).

But yeah, pretty solid group. Most weeks you will be fine...but of course you have an extra bye week. The biggest risk you run into (outside of that huge hole at the flex spot and the big weakness at RB2) is that the Cowboys may have it in shut-down mode by the time you are in your league championship.

Last edited by chumdawg; 08-27-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:34 AM   #40
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, you got lucky to land Romo in the third round after talking MB3 and TO in the first two. Witten in the fourth will probably be good value, if you are in a PPR league. I guess you are, since you also took Felix Jones, who will catch a lot of balls either out of the backfield or as a split end. Who do you have on your bench in case Felix starts slow or doesn't put up a lot of fantasy numbers?

I'm concerned about your WR depth. Owens and Crayton will obviously net you a lot of TD's as a tandem, as well as catch a lot of balls and get a lot of yards. Since they are both Cowboys, you don't have to worry about some scrub receiver stealing TD's from your main guys. Except, Hurd as your #3?? That is a HUGE reach. Who else was available when you drafted him?

Folk will pick you up a lot of points (does the guy ever miss?), and the Dallas DEF won't hurt you. Adam Jones...meh...I don't know much about IDP's, since none of my leagues use them (and even if they did I would just cruise the waiver wire from time to time).

But yeah, pretty solid group. Most weeks you will be fine...but of course you have an extra bye week. The biggest risk you run into (outside of that huge hole at the flex spot and the big weakness at RB2) is that the Cowboys may have it in shut-down mode by the time you are in your league championship.
Hurd as my #3 was a terrible pick, but I wanted to draft all Cowboys as a gag.

It's actually a league I'm not taking very seriously. I'm in two other leagues that haven't drafted yet where I won't be pulling this sort of thing. But yeah, I don't mind much if the team tanks at the end of the year because the 'Boys are 14-0 and cruising to the playoffs. I'll do better in my other leagues where I actually draft intelligently.

Oh, and I actually took Romo 2nd. MB III, Romo, TO.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote