Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joe Biden: Obama Presidency Will Investigate and Prosecute Bush 'Crimes'

Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush: Biden says criminal violations will be pursued

Elana Schor in Washington
guardian.co.uk,
Wednesday September 03 2008 19:32 BST

Democratic vice-presidential nominee Joe Biden said yesterday that he and running mate Barack Obama could pursue criminal charges against the Bush administration if they are elected in November.

Biden's comments, first reported by ABC news, attracted little notice on a day dominated by the drama surrounding his Republican counterpart, Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

But his statements represent the Democrats' strongest vow so far this year to investigate alleged misdeeds committed during the Bush years.

"If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued," Biden said during a campaign event in Deerfield Beach, Florida, according to ABC.

"[N]ot out of vengeance, not out of retribution," he added, "out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president -- no one is above the law."

Obama sounded a similar note in April, vowing that if elected, he would ask his attorney general to initiate a prompt review of Bush-era actions to distinguish between possible "genuine crimes" and "really bad policies".

"[I]f crimes have been committed, they should be investigated," Obama told the Philadelphia Daily News. "You're also right that I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we've got too many problems we've got to solve."

Congressional Democrats have issued a flurry of subpoenas this year to senior Bush administration aides as part of a broad inquiry into the authorisation of torturous interrogation tactics used at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

Three veterans of the Bush White House have been held in criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to respond to subpoenas: former counsel Harriet Miers, former political adviser Karl Rove, and current chief of staff Josh Bolten. The contempt battle is currently before a federal court.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...s2008.joebiden
Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

a new kind of politics
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
a new kind of politics
Um, old kind of politics, actually...

(though more commonly found in monarchies, not democracies...)

Whatever... He won't do it even if he gets elected - he's just pandering to the anti-Bush crowd for votes (which isn't going to gain him anything because he's preaching to the choir...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Um, old kind of politics, actually...

(though more commonly found in monarchies, not democracies...)

Whatever... He won't do it even if he gets elected - he's just pandering to the anti-Bush crowd for votes (which isn't going to gain him anything because he's preaching to the choir...)
BINGO

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

If there are any violations here...I would dig into the Democratic side of politics.

Ever since Bill Clinton was impeached, the (D) has wanted to smear the (R)

I am so sick of the (D) and I find that I honestly have a passionate hate for that side of the aisle.

I try, on a daily basis to be open, but when I see things like this, I see NO DESIRE by the elected (D) to serve the people and to govern as a unit of political leaders...rather I see manipulative individuals all about furthering their own personal gain/power through Partisan politics.

This type of behavior is lower than childish.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Okay 92, but didn't the Republicans open that door? That was a witch hunt Clinton went through.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #7
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

The wife didn't recall which morning news show it was, but Weasel Biden is now denying that he said it in spite audio & video showing that he did indeed say it

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

yessum.

Personally, I am quite tired of all the sniping that takes place in politics regularly these days. The Dems are perhaps the worst perpetrators right now... but inmho it still seems reactionary on their side to me. The gop has LIVED the useless sniping smear existence pretty exclusively since the contract with america days... and it only accelerated in this century.

I am not sure what it will take to swing the pendulem back in the other direction.... altough a clear case of the snott-nosed-ahole-smear-tactics NOT working in a SINGLE election is definatly a "neccessary condition" (in the old math proof sense of the word)

... i'm not holding my breath, at the current moment
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
If there are any violations here...I would dig into the Democratic side of politics.

Ever since Bill Clinton was impeached, the (D) has wanted to smear the (R)

I am so sick of the (D) and I find that I honestly have a passionate hate for that side of the aisle.

I try, on a daily basis to be open, but when I see things like this, I see NO DESIRE by the elected (D) to serve the people and to govern as a unit of political leaders...rather I see manipulative individuals all about furthering their own personal gain/power through Partisan politics.

This type of behavior is lower than childish.
So when Clinton gets a blowjob, we should impeach him.

When Bush and Cheney commit a laundry list of international war crimes, we shouldn't? When George Bush lies his country into a war of aggression, we should allow that to go uninvestigated? That's absurd. SOMEONE has to be held responsible for the crimes of these last eight years, and it shouldn't be the Scooter Libbys of the world.

My biggest disappointment with the Democratic Congress has been their unwillingness to prosecute this administration. There is no defending it.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-04-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
So when Clinton gets a blowjob, we should impeach him.

When Bush and Cheney commit a laundry list of international war crimes, we shouldn't? When George Bush lies his country into a war of aggression, we should allow that to go uninvestigated? That's absurd. SOMEONE has to be held responsible for the crimes of these last eight years, and it shouldn't be the Scooter Libbys of the world.

My biggest disappointment with the Democratic Congress has been their unwillingness to prosecute this administration. There is no defending it.
Looney tunes. If they had any real legal reason to do it, they'd be doing it. Waxman, Carl Levin, Pelosi, Reid, Teddy....If those lunatics had anything to say, they'd say it.

F'em...The best you can say is scooter libby who actually was prosecuted. Wiretapping??? Huh...we just re-passed it.

I guess we should prosecute 'em for not reading al queda their rights.

Here's your website, they love looney tunes over there.
http://www.codepink4peace.org/
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 09-04-2008 at 08:50 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Looney tunes.
Elaborate. Tell me why we should not hold the people in charge accountable for what they've done.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Elaborate. Tell me why we should not hold the people in charge accountable for what they've done.
Sure we should, they just haven't done anything wrong that hasn't been prosecuted already. For you to be mad at the dems for being grownups is silly. It's code-pink silly.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

I think I just saw one of your friends run around the RNC convention. I believe they are outside the convention also.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #14
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I think I just saw one of your friends run around the RNC convention. I believe they are outside the convention also.
I will not stoop to your level. Grow up.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I will not stoop to your level. Grow up.
eek...Did you recognize her?