Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2-4: Mavs look like a pile of poo.

That was embarassing.

Dirk played well.

Green played pretty well and deserves to be in the rotation permanently.

Damp played well and I don't understand why he doesn't play in the fourth quarter. He did miss a few bunnies in close that he needs to convert, but when Damp gives you 9 and 7 in 22 minutes you take that and question why he didn't play 30 minutes.

Kidd was solid, but today may be an example of his line looking better than he actually played. I'd like to see more shot making from him when the team is struggling offensively.

Welcome to the 08-09 season Stackhouse; not that he was anything speical. He just wasn't horrendous.

It's hard to accurately describe how awful Jet was today.

Other than Jet and maybe Bass, it's hard to come up with anyone that was abjectly horrible today. And yet they lost by 11 to the freaking Clippers.

People are bemoaning the offense, and it's been rough. However, this team is supposed to be complimenting its half court offense with a lot of running. Well when's the last time you remember the Mavs getting three or four stops in a row and pushing the ball for easy baskets? A run like that really swings momentum, and between lack of stops and lack of rebounding we haven't been getting many lately.

We did have one of those in the fourth today but those were steals and was kind of fluky.

I have no idea what to do right now. I expected early struggles, but not this.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

You hope Stack gets some kind of momentum going and help the trade value more, and then you hope Bass doesn't make his value plummet.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

They'll improve. Who knows how much they'll improve, but they will. I for one intend to just sit back and enjoy the ride. Hopefully they don't lose 50+ games or something.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
They'll improve. Who knows how much they'll improve, but they will. I for one intend to just sit back and enjoy the ride. Hopefully they don't lose 50+ games or something.
Now THAT is a bumpy ride!

I agree though with the plan...but keeping thinking forward.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It *is* worth noting that the Mavs were missing an awfully important player, someone who was playing awfully well so far this season.

Combine that with Jet playing....just horrendously...and it's not surprising that we lost.

But it's still depressing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

Yeah, I thought about it near the end...does Josh make the difference in this game?

I really couldn't give a solid answer either way.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs have historically played quite well without Howard.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

While Josh makes a difference, I don't think we should have needed him to beat the now 1-5 Clippers.

I think this was Green's regular season statement game, and hopefully it'll be understood that he definitely needs to get regular minutes like this, if not a starting position somewhere.

I am also glad but sad at the same time Stackhouse shot 5-9. I'd rather us have given up on him completely then let him get a "good" game like this to cause us to reconsider all of our doubts, and thus drawing this act further than anticipated.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

This was a tough loss but the Clippers aren't a typical 0-6 team. They're loaded with veteran players who know how to win games. This wasn't like losing to Oklahoma City.

BTW, does anyone know if our 2010 pick is lottery protected?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Positives were Dirk and Green tonight.

Pretty depressing how this team is playing. A combination of Howard being out and Jet playing crappy isn't a good scenario. I'm really not sure what this team needs.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think the correct starting line-up when Howard gets back is,

Kidd
Green
Howard
Dirk
Damp

There should be success with those starters eventually. If Carlisle keeps starting Green....

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
This was a tough loss but the Clippers aren't a typical 0-6 team. They're loaded with veteran players who know how to win games. This wasn't like losing to Oklahoma City.

It is not.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I think the correct starting line-up when Howard gets back is,

Kidd
Green
Howard
Dirk
Damp

There should be success with those starters eventually. If Carlisle keeps starting Green....
We'll see...but there is potential there.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #14
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

But that lineup should finish the game too. Can someone go to popcornmachine and see if Damp has finished a game for the Mavs? I don't remember it. It is weird how he doesn't see the 4th. The defense might improve a lot in the fourth if he and Dirk were paired together.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I hate to sound like a have a loser's mentality but i'm not sure if losing 50+ is that bad at this point. This team could use some youth. I hope we can get into next year's draft class with trades though.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
But that lineup should finish the game too. Can someone go to popcornmachine and see if Damp has finished a game for the Mavs? I don't remember it. It is weird how he doesn't see the 4th. The defense might improve a lot in the fourth if he and Dirk were paired together.
So now are you saying defense was a problem?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-09-2008 at 06:48 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It is not.
You sure? We've already traded our 2010 pick? Or does drno mean 2009 draft pick?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Green did look a lot like a young Mcgrady on some of those offensive plays.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #19
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
You sure? We've already traded our 2010 pick? Or does drno mean 2009 draft pick?
We traded the 2010 pick in the Devin deal, and it is not lotto protected.The '08 pick we traded was.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 11-09-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post

I'm fresh out of early season optimism right now, so I'm glad someone else is pointing this out. The Clips have been without Baron Davis and Cabmy for some games this season, and have played a really tough schedule.

Still....we really need to win today.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #21
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Crap ! G´night folks !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 11-09-2008 at 06:55 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #22
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So now are you saying defense was a problem?
Never said it wasn't a problem. I said offense is the bigger problem. But at the moment I'm arguing cat sh*t smells worse and you are saying dog sh*t smells worse. Either way it is all sh*t and it all smells.

(But cat sh*t is still a bigger problem.)
Old 11-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #23
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
We traded the 2010 pick in the Devin deal, and it is not lotto protected.The '08 pick we traded was.
OH okay. Yea I thought we couldn't trade consecutive picks anyway lol. So we have this year's pick? I guess we should be careful on the "rebuilding" talks. WE don't even have a 2010 pick.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

I had stuff...edited...

I'm done arguing that point, defense is just as much of a problem as the offense.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-09-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

maybe we can trade jason kidd for devin harris?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #26
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I slept through this game.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #27
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Green did look a lot like a young Mcgrady on some of those offensive plays.
I had no clue Green was so young. He's only 22. Still amazes me this guy got cut and couldn't find a job. He can really be special. JR Smith is finally just getting it going. Deshawn Stevenson took awhile. This is around the time high schoolers start to get it. And he hasn't even had a consistent home yet. I'm sort of worried about him playing so well that we can't even resign him because he'll demand more than the mid-level.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #28
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Only a fool would do that. Who'd sign a aging point guard for a young one with atleast 10 more years left in the league?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #29
Bayliss

Well, when you are 2-4, you have several problems. But (IMO) defense isn't the problem. Offense is the bigger problem that needs to be fixed first. If you can't score. You aren't going to win.

The only team that ever got by with it was the Pistons. The Mavs cannot score.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #30
Bayliss

As if Devin would solve the Mav problems. He really helped in 06 against Miami and in 07 against GS.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #31
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
As if Devin would solve the Mav problems. He really helped in 06 against Miami and in 07 against GS.
No he wouldn't help. But at this point with a team full of 30 year olds i'd like to replace some of those guys with 20 year olds. Everyone over 30 on this team is a liability of some sort except Dirk.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #32
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, when you are 2-4, you have several problems. But (IMO) defense isn't the problem. Offense is the bigger problem that needs to be fixed first. If you can't score. You aren't going to win.

The only team that ever got by with it was the Pistons. The Mavs cannot score.
If you can't stop people, you aren't going to win either.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's clearly a philosophical viewpoint argument. That's all it is.

When it comes down to it, you're defense has to be solid. I'm not even going to say the obvious saying...

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-09-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #34
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Throw in two first rounders and you got a deal
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #35
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No he wouldn't help. But at this point with a team full of 30 year olds i'd like to replace some of those guys with 20 year olds. Everyone over 30 on this team is a liability of some sort except Dirk.
why not look to some of the old guys that are actually not contributing, or can be counted on to contribute only sporadically (stackhouse and terry!). Kidd for Harris would be as lateral a move talent wise as Harris for Kidd, and with Kidd we've got potential for better team ball. We're just lacking the team to ball with.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #36
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
OH okay. Yea I thought we couldn't trade consecutive picks anyway lol. So we have this year's pick? I guess we should be careful on the "rebuilding" talks. WE don't even have a 2010 pick.
Maybe we can beg NJ to trade us that pick back in exchange for Bass?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #37
BGMaverick9
Guru

quoting because this is spot on.

Quote:
This offense was supposed to score partly because it was supposed to get easy baskets off the break. Improve the defense and rebounding and you will improve the offense.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #38
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
why not look to some of the old guys that are actually not contributing, or can be counted on to contribute only sporadically (stackhouse and terry!). Kidd for Harris would be as lateral a move talent wise as Harris for Kidd, and with Kidd we've got potential for better team ball. We're just lacking the team to ball with.

If teams would take Terry's contract and Stackhouse than i'm all for it. But It hinkw e have to be a realistic about this. Dirk has trade bait, I imagine Green now does, Bass somewhat and Josh Howard somewhat. I can't imagine a team trading for anyone on this team outside of them. JET's contract makes him difficult to move. I'm for trading Kidd. I feel he's our only real trade bait. I'd probably wait until the All Star Break to do so though. That's when teams figure out what their future holds for the season. Whether they want to make a trade to get into the postseason or to blow up their team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Maybe we can beg NJ to trade us that pick back in exchange for Bass?
Would you do it? I'm on the fence. I like Bass' potential. I guess it matters how good the pick is. If its 15 and up i'd rather keep Bass.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:47 PM   #39
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

didn't see the game, I dunno what to think. Agree that the Clippers are not your typical 0-5 or 0-6 team, and Jho was out... but it still hurts to lose a "gimme" like this.

Can't get a read on this team. Just seems like we're not that good on offense, not that good on defense, and not that good on the glass... whereas a few years ago we were efficient in all 3 of these areas. *sigh*.

No championship vibe whatsoever. and quite frankly, even if those are lofty expectations, that's the only thing that would make me feel happy about this year (I guess a deep playoff run would suffice)... I will still follow the Mavs to the gates of hell though, regardless of how this year turns out.

Lakers coming up on Tuesday... really would like to see us beat a legit team... we've done that what, 3-4 since the Kidd trade?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #40
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
If teams would take Terry's contract and Stackhouse than i'm all for it. But It hinkw e have to be a realistic about this. Dirk has trade bait, I imagine Green now does, Bass somewhat and Josh Howard somewhat. I can't imagine a team trading for anyone on this team outside of them. JET's contract makes him difficult to move. I'm for trading Kidd. I feel he's our only real trade bait. I'd probably wait until the All Star Break to do so though. That's when teams figure out what their future holds for the season. Whether they want to make a trade to get into the postseason or to blow up their team.
I agree Jet's contract makes it hard to move, but I'm not really sure they would be inclined to move him in the first place unless the deal sweeps them off their feet. It doesn't make sense to trade Kidd unless you have a plan in place for the short/long term for a PG. I think Howard still has relatively good value, as does Bass but his is sinking slightly. I think Stack has value simply for the fact his contract is up...teams won't care about the player, they care about the numbers coming off the books.

Tags
poo stinky