Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Dirk for Kobe, LeBron, and someone else

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...t_at_deadline/

Cuban Expecting Movement At Deadline?

Jan 20, 2009 5:37 AM EST

Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban believes that the economy could lead to an interesting trade deadline as teams may try to make moves to cut salary, the Dallas Morning News is reporting.

"That's the way it works every year," Cuban said. "You never know. This year will probably be a little more interesting because of the economy, as teams make adjustments to try and cut payroll. Maybe it won't be, but I'm guessing it will be."

"If there's just a deal I can't pass up, I'm not going to be religious about cap room," Cuban said. "If I could trade Dirk for Kobe, LeBron, and someone else, you'd have to consider it. When teams call about players, they all want bargains. We don't give bargains. We try to get bargains."

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

And that's what you chose to name the thread...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

haha.

And cue the "tags"
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And that's what you chose to name the thread...
Yesss because I found that the funniest : )

He didnt even say that he would do it, he said "consider it'...lol

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 01-20-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

That Dirk bit is fluff. The more interesting part was just before:

"This year will probably be a little more interesting because of the economy, as teams make adjustments to try and cut payroll. Maybe it won't be, but I'm guessing it will be."

Does that sound like the perspective of a seller or a buyer to you?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

"This year will probably be a little more interesting because of the economy, as teams make adjustments to try and cut payroll. Maybe it won't be, but I'm guessing it will be."

To me it sound like a guy whose got a lot of money but understands that other owners dont have as much so that it will be natural for them to cut salary. I think he was talking about other owners in that statement more then himself

........GO MAVS
Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Why?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Buyer/Trader. He thinks this team can compete, he's not giving up guys for money or for future. e thinks the future is now. Probably referring to other teams rebuilding or trying to clean house for free agency and maybe we can get a deal on someone we need.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Buyer/Trader. He thinks this team can compete, he's not giving up guys for money or for future. e thinks the future is now. Probably referring to other teams rebuilding or trying to clean house for free agency and maybe we can get a deal on someone we need.
that's what I thought when I read that.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
To me it sound like a guy whose got a lot of money but understands that other owners dont have as much so that it will be natural for them to cut salary. I think he was talking about other owners in that statement more then himself
I wasn't suggesting he was talking about himself, but rather that what he says about others may be a clue to how the Mavs are approaching the trade deadline. If they're expecting a lot of other teams to be sellers, that means they're expecting it to be a buyers' market. Mark's thinking like a buyer.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting he was talking about himself, but rather that what he says about others may be a clue to how the Mavs are approaching the trade deadline. If they're expecting a lot of other teams to be sellers, that means they're expecting it to be a buyers' market. Mark's thinking like a buyer.
Soo we all agree

........GO MAVS
Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #13
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the someone else is Devin Harris.

SIKEEEEE.

Cubes is just trying to the conversation flowing. Dirk is his "you can look but you can't touch" honey baby. He'll try to sell the other models though.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Need a sign that says: Dump (Talented) Salary Here

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

The funniest part was, "they all want bargains. We don't give bargains. We try to get bargains."

I LOL'd
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

great news for Mavs fans . hope there's someone available out there.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

My dark horse is still VC. Mainly because of our relationship with Kiki and New Jersey. If New Jersey keeps slumping, watch for that.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
My dark horse is still VC. Mainly because of our relationship with Kiki and New Jersey. If New Jersey keeps slumping, watch for that.
How many aging stars can this team handle?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #19
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
If Nets keep slumping NJ could trade VC, but NJ is looking for young talent, who do the mavs have that is young that could be traded?
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Would have to be J-Ho/Stack. Maybe they'd throw in Jarvis Hayes if we're lucky. I still think Cleveland could offer a better deal w/ Sczerbiak, Hickson, 1st round pick. If we could get them a pick i think they'd do it and we'd get someone else back(Boone, Hayes)too.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

that's crazy!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
One more?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boston handled three of them last season just fine...

Old 01-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #24
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Boston handled three of them last season just fine...
yeah, but I'd take any of those three over Vince Carter.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

More importantly, his contract is gross.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #26
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
yeah, but I'd take any of those three over Vince Carter.
So exactly who would you want then that is semi-feasible?

Name some young studs that you think teams would give us for Josh/Stack and maybe Bass....

Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #27
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
So exactly who would you want then that is semi-feasible?

Name some young studs that you think teams would give us for Josh/Stack and maybe Bass....
I'd rather have Gerald Wallace than Vince Carter.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 01-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #28
SMC0007
Guru

It's likely No team will give us anything for him. Teams aren't really into a guy that can be a duece head. There are several equal talents around but I don't tihnk we will get his talent back. We will take a hit on getting rid of him. Hopefully Hollins can counter that, LOLIN @Charlotte :P
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

It's just Mark using an example, and exaggerating.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #30
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I don't know if this deserves its own thread or not, so I just thought I'd put this article here. If a Mod feels it should be moved, please feel free to do so.

Quote:

Donnie On Mavs Trades: 'We Won't Go Down Looking'
DB.com Checks Nelson's Mood With Exclusive Visit With Dallas GM
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

Donnie Nelson is sitting anxiously in the driver’s seat of his nondescript pickup truck – the one with the collection of John Deere gimme caps on the dashboard -- and his point-tipped right boot is perched above the accelerator. The engine is running and it is more than metaphoric when I say that the Mavs GM/Urban Cowboy is wishing to ride Ol’ Paint off into the sunset … or anywhere else he can escape my probing questions regarding the team’s needs as the NBA trade deadline approaches.

Finally – after many Donnie taps on that gas pedal and many Donnie fistbump-handshakes, both intended as nonverbal punctuation marks to indicate his desire the end this parking-lot Duel In The Sun – I break the code. It is a baseball analogy that aligns the tumblers.

“Last year, the Kidd trade was a swing for the fences,’’ I say, adding, “forgetting the critics, it would’ve been easier to not take that swing. Which brings me to this year: If you take that swing last year, doesn’t it logically follow that you take another swing this year?’’

Donnie is a sportsman and an educated man, a wordsmith who I think likes analogies. So he warms to the question.

“Let me put it this way,’’ Donnie says, and he takes his cowboy boot off the gas pedal. “We will step back into that batter’s box. And we won’t go down looking.’’

That is neither a guarantee of a brilliant trade or a trade at all. I do, however, take that remark and the rest of my conversation with Donnie and other members of the Mavs organization as confirmation that the Triangle of Trust is not gun-shy as a result of last February’s trade of Devin Harris-for-Jason Kidd that hasn’t had the desired top-tier-contender effect.

In this decade during the Cuban/Nelson Era, the Mavs have charged down every possible path in search of a title. Youth. Experience. Manic change. Stability. The moving, re-moving, and moving again of puzzle pieces. (DeSagana Diop’s participation in 2008 “notable transactions’’ may be the only category in which he ever leads the NBA.)

We are at the midway point of the NBA season and the Mavs have no traction. They have a decent record and they have strengths; an MVP-caliber star in Dirk Nowitzki and a Sixth Man of the Year leader in Jason Terry and a Hall-of-Fame point guard in Jason Kidd and, if Josh Howard can round back into form (after a year-and-a-half wait) a Four Horsemen collection of talent. They have pedigree; 8X50 and there is enough about their present pace to suggest they’ll flirt with 50 wins against this season. And they have a not-unenviable position in the Western Conference standings; one hot streak and they can vault into the milk-and-honey top four.

They have strengths and pedigree and positioning. But they do not have traction.

“Well, everything is relative,’’ Donnie tells me. “In the West, nobody is doing what the Lakers are doing. So the rest of the field – and it’s a good field – looks the way it does because the comparisons are made to what LA is.’’

But it’s too early and quite foolish to concede. A playoff berth gives a team a chance and a top-four seed in the West gives a team more than a chance. It gives a team momentum. Traction. A chance to hit a home run.

The full-fledged return of Howard would help. “Josh is a guy we believe in,’’ Donnie recently told the media at-large. “He’s an important weapon who makes us that much more dangerous. …’’

But one more piece via trade would help, too. The so-far results have proven that. The upcoming schedule – visits to Detroit and Boston this week, games against Orlando and Portland and Utah to start February -- will probably prove it, too.

The Mavs have their eye on the ball that is the Summer of 2010, as owner Mark Cuban acknowledged this week.

"If there's just a deal I can't pass up, I'm not going to be religious about cap room," Cuban said. "If I could trade Dirk for Kobe, LeBron and someone else, you'd have to consider it. When teams call about players, they all want bargains. We don't give bargains. We try to get bargains."

In other words, they try to hit home runs.

I think the Mavs will step back into the batter’s box. I think Donnie Nelson will step on his accelerator. I think Dallas will not go down looking.

1215pm jan 20 2009
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1255
Old 01-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #31
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Why wasn't this simply put as a post in the time to trade Dirk thread?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 01-20-2009 at 06:40 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #32
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

props to monty on the signature... as far as the tread goes? meh.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #33
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
Dirk for Kobe, LeBron, and someone else
Pull the trigger on it! Now! Seriously, what is the mavs FO waiting on? That's perhaps the two the best players in the league. I mean, I <3 Dirk, but Kobe AND Lebron on the same team? We'll be a dynasty!

In other news, I miss the little blue moon (and no, you can'ts has tabloid jobs).

Last edited by bernardos70; 01-21-2009 at 10:55 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #34
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs want something for nothing, we haven't been getting that at all as of late. But this year could be different, as Cuban said, lots of teams might want to deal because of the economy.

Well I think it's just great we don't make trades for the sake of making them (sarcasm).
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
can i has tabloid job?, thread diarrhea