Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all
Default Josh Howard wants to stay "I Love this dallas team!"

Yep you heard it right. Got this from http://www.dallasbasketball.com

Josh: 'We Don't Need No Changes!'
Mavs' Howard Denies Trade Rumors, Says 'I Love This Dallas Team!'
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

Amid trade-deadline speculation regarding his future with the Mavs, Josh Howard has for the first time publically stated his desire to remain in Dallas.

“We don’t need no changes right now,’’ J-Ho said Saturday after the Mavs’ 111-96 win in Miami. “I know people end up getting traded and I know I might end up going somewhere. But I’m looking forward to living and keep playing in Dallas. … I love this Dallas team.’’

The NBA TV crew asked Howard if he wanted to be dealt.

“No!’’ Howard said. “I like the team that we have!’’

Mavs owner Mark Cuban continues to reiterate Dallas’ desire to get the most out of Howard rather than deal him. Nevertheless, rumors continue. And DB.com has Mavs GM Donnie Nelson suggesting the club will try to do something impactful.

We’ve covered this story from a variety of angles. The offseason crap, of course. Howard’s return from injury. His early-game “shot-hunting.’’ His “Invasion Of The Body-Language Snatchers’’ aura. His value in our imagined blockbuster Josh-for-Shaq deal that would alter the face of the Mavs. Howard acknowledged in this visit with NBA TV that he has an awareness of all the talk – especially the rumors of him being dealt to Miami for Shawn Marion – but largely dismissed them.

“If you’d have heard the fans today – you’ve heard the Miami scenario for me coming down here (to the Heat) – the fans were going crazy,’’ Josh said, smiling widely. “But the situation in Dallas, (even) outside of basketball, the opportunities. … I enjoy it. … With the pieces we have. … so many people try to down what we do. In-house we stay positive and everything. … As long as I’m out there on that court with my teammates, good things happen. I love this Dallas team.’’

Well... thats nice to hear but still think we need a trade lol Maybe it will make his trade a bit more vaulable? who knows.
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Notice he said this Dallas Team. Nothing about the organization heads or coach? Rumor is that Howard and Carlisle are at odds, and also that many players have been questioning Carlisle on offense and defense. Seems like RC was not the right guy afterall, but I am glad he was smart enough to let Kidd have it and see what he can do.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Notice he said this Dallas Team. Nothing about the organization heads or coach? Rumor is that Howard and Carlisle are at odds, and also that many players have been questioning Carlisle on offense and defense. Seems like RC was not the right guy afterall, but I am glad he was smart enough to let Kidd have it and see what he can do.
If howard and RC are at odds...I think howard will be declared not the right guy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I'd like to see him stay and be that player we've seen and appreciated. There aren't many 3s in this league who can get you 20 and 8 with solid defense. Josh can. But he needs to be that guy for this team to be successful.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talk about nit-picky. The team includes the head coach.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't understand. What does it mean that he only spoke about the team? I don't look much into that. I'm also not sure what makes it seem like RC isn't the guy for the job.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor has it....I GOTTA believe it then!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I don't understand.
That's because you actually have a brain.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-01-2009 at 05:28 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not to beat a dead horse, but this is just absurd. At some point you have to be willing to set your agendas aside if you want to be able to claim that your perceptions are even a reasonable approximation of reality.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The simple question without a simple answer is:

Will Josh still be a Maverick after Feb 19th?
Old 02-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

This win gave me more hope than others simply because of Josh's play. I kept a close eye on him throughout the game and he seemed interested in the game, active on defense, offense... if only he can keep this up then I'll be happy with us keeping him. But he still has to maintain this level of play for a long stretch of games in order to regain my trust.....
Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Rumor has it that Josh gets expert credit advice from someone on the board, hence the insider info.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh33 View Post
I'd like to see him stay and be that player we've seen and appreciated. There aren't many 3s in this league who can get you 20 and 8 with solid defense. Josh can. But he needs to be that guy for this team to be successful.
You're absolutely right. There would probably be no need to trade a Josh Howard if he lived up to his potential on a regular basis and didn't let any distractions get in his way. Yet, how likely is that?

One problem over the last 12 months has been his inconsistency which seemingly made a lot of people think that trading Josh even for a less capable but more consistent player would have to be considered a plus.

His body language and overall commitment to this team and its success has looked like a problem as well. It's a relief to hear him say that he's still emotionally attached to this team and wants to be a part of it. I wouldn't have been shocked if he had indicated some sort of discontent.

The question is: Could we honestly consider ourselves title contenders if we didn't make any changes to the team's core of Damp, Dirk, Josh, JET, and Kidd? And how could we realize a significant trade without sacrificing one of our top 5 players, e.g. by only trading Stack/Bass?

I can't help but think that we won't be able to achieve our goals if we don't get a trade done that makes a real change to our core.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If howard and RC are at odds...I think howard will be declared not the right guy.
I agree.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Rumor has it that Josh gets expert credit advice from someone on the board, hence the insider info.
I knew it would not take you long to go into your silly bit. Grow up lil man.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Sounds like Josh is campaigning to stay in Dallas. Like he's really not expecting to just hoping. He's probably afraid his new team won't tolerate his b.s. like the Mavs have.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
Silk Smoov
Banned

This is the Carlisle to get the Mavs job speech:
Under Carlisle, things will be different. Carlisle has already said he is going to let this team run, and let Jason Kidd do his thing. With, Dirk, Howard, Bass, Terry, and Green running around and slashing to the basket, Kidd could have a great year. Not to mention, he's had a full off-season with a training camp/preseason to adapt to what his teammates do best.

Under Carlisle, Dirk will again become the focal point in an offense that will run and use motion to get its players shots. Don't forget about how much of an impact Jason Kidd can potentially have on Dirk's numbers too.

Rick Carlisle is not that way. He has come out and said that the Mavs will run this year, and will work on transition defense more than anything else leading up to the regular season. He said that he will implement a motion offense that can take advantage of the special skill sets that Kidd, Nowitzki, Terry, Howard, and Green have.

What actually Carlisle did once he got the job:

Several players estimate that Carlisle called 70 to 80 percent of the plays in the first three months of the season and Kidd took the rest. That ratio has been reversed the last two games.

Sounds familiar?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
if by rumor you mean unsubstantiated thread crap that you've randomly spouted, then yes, i suppose you have a point.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post

The question is: Could we honestly consider ourselves title contenders if we didn't make any changes to the team's core of Damp, Dirk, Josh, JET, and Kidd? And how could we realize a significant trade without sacrificing one of our top 5 players, e.g. by only trading Stack/Bass?

I can't help but think that we won't be able to achieve our goals if we don't get a trade done that makes a real change to our core.
I don't think we can get where we want to go with the current group assembled. Everything and I mean everything has to be flowing right all together at the same time for us to get that.

Most of the core will remain if you do a deal. It ultimately comes to Josh and/or Kidd if a major change comes.

I think something will happen, it's just a matter of it's subtle or not.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I too liked the way Josh played against Miami and especially that he contributed while only taking 13 shots. Thats the way he needs to play and he can stay. But for some reason him coming out and saying this has TRADE written all over it. Maybe its me, but well see

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #21
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #22
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
But for some reason him coming out and saying this has TRADE written all over it. Maybe its me, but well see
Players don't know about trade plans any more than anyone else.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
I too liked the way Josh played against Miami and especially that he contributed while only taking 13 shots. Thats the way he needs to play and he can stay. But for some reason him coming out and saying this has TRADE written all over it. Maybe its me, but well see
But it almost dimishes his value overall for me. I like it but if he is going to be a 13ppg 6 rebound guy, I'd rather have Marion.

Plus, in a recent Mavs Insider interview, Howard said his signature movie is a step-back jumper that he developed last season. Barf.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #24
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“We don’t need no changes right now,’’ J-Ho said Saturday after the Mavs’ 111-96 win in Miami.
JHo continues to be Mr. Eloquence.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #25
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
laugh. another blow to silk's credibility.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #26
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

ummmmm..... so, trade him.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #27
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Josh is pretty big does he have an issue with attacking the rim? His step back jumpers don't satisfy me at all. I wish he could shoot off the dribble with more consistency like Jet Terry. If Josh really loves this team I hope we get to see more effort and heart from him NOT in the first half but down the stretch in crunch time.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alby silliness continues, i smoke crack, silkxpertbasketballguru