Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all
Default Gerald Green almost traded?

On a personal level, this is about as crushing as it gets: The word in North Texas is that Sacramento gave serious thought to sending Cal State Fullerton's Bobby Brown into our zip code in exchange for the Mavericks' Gerald Green. But Brown was needed in the Kings' deal with Minnesota that sent Brown and Shelden Williams to the Wolves for Rashad McCants and Calvin Booth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090221-22
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
On a personal level, this is about as crushing as it gets: The word in North Texas is that Sacramento gave serious thought to sending Cal State Fullerton's Bobby Brown into our zip code in exchange for the Mavericks' Gerald Green. But Brown was needed in the Kings' deal with Minnesota that sent Brown and Shelden Williams to the Wolves for Rashad McCants and Calvin Booth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090221-22
If it's true then there must be a lot more going on beneath the surface that we just can't see. We haven't even given the kid a chance and he's brimming with athleticism and potential. I'm baffled as to what they problem could be since all the articles I read detail his strong work ethic.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Can anyone explain to me why he dosn't get more playing time?
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Here is why, read carefully...

I don't know.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Let's see, how many times has the kid been bounced around already? What, traded twice & cut in his first couple years in the league? I'd love to see him get it together and really contribute to this team, but I suspect it's not going to happen. I don't want to imply he's a bad kid, but I wonder if his basketball IQ just isn't up to snuff. Certainly seems to be the case in the few times I've seen him on the court this year.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I'm sure the only reason the kings wanted him is because he expired at the end of the year right.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Can anyone explain to me why he dosn't get more playing time?
Because the NBA isn't all about dunking.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Probably because Green has 9.5 fingers and Carlisle doesn't like handicap people (i.e. Stackhouse deactivated b/c of gimpy ankle).
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If true, it was a bad mistake not trading him.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
Louis

Louis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
If true, it was a bad mistake not trading him.
Green is a badly underrated guy that has enough potential to become champion of more contests other than slam dunk. it's true that Green doesn't play defense, but some other guy also doesn't play defense yet was selected to all-star game. It's a bad idea to let Green start for our team, he doesn't have enough awareness to prevent himself from being blown out by the starting center of the other side. Undoubtedly Green is a big hole on our defense, but this lethal blackhole can be minimized in run-and-gun games.

Run-and-gun can't lead us to the title or a seris win, as I have always said, but it can change the game's thythm sometimes when our attackers limp in the half-court offense. Green is not good at shooting but his athletism enables him to break in to attack the rim, which is also the most need for us. It's a talent-wasting decision to keep him at the end of the bench, Green has more capabilities than the world's best benchwamer is expected to have. Green's passion and slam ducks may not reverse the trend of a game, but it at least can cheer up our fans and increase the moral of our players. A dunk doesn't bring more than 2pts, but it has more effect on the moral than a half-court does. Green is the best dunker in this league, he got rigged in the dunk contest last season. His dunk has higher difficult level and his "blowing candle" wasn't less creative than DH's "superman", DH looked like a clown sincerely, but DH finally beat Green with the BS votes from his fans and some bottom-kissers.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I understand him not getting starting minutes but to not get any playing time or even have a chance to compete for more minutes is frustrating. You mean to tell me he can't do better than what Matt Carroll has been doing for us? Prove it and give the kid a chance because my money is on him showing a lot of people up when he finally gets some PT.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Probably because Green has 9.5 fingers and Carlisle doesn't like handicap people (i.e. Stackhouse deactivated b/c of gimpy ankle).
yes
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Carlisle thinks Green can't shoot the ball because he lacks fingers.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I know some people are tired of hearing it and have become antipathic to the cause, but I haven't seen enough from Gerald Green to prove anything other the fact that he can jump out of the gym and score quite well. All other things are unproven to me. But I'm not watchin him in practice. It's just hard to believe he's so bad he can't even sniff the court, even on garbage time anymore it seems.

Last edited by bernardos70; 02-23-2009 at 11:09 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I know some people are tired of hearing it and have become antipathic to the cause, but I haven't seen enough from Gerald Green to prove anything other the fact that he can jump out of the gym and score quite well. All other things are unproven to me. But I'm not watchin him in practice. It's just hard to believe he's so bad he can't even sniff the court, even on garbage time anymore it seems.

Yea I agree with your post. I don't understand what he is doing in practice that overshadows what he does on the floor during games! He has shown to be better than MCarroll and DGeorge so far, but he never gets to play. I think as a coach it's gotta be tough because maybe Green isn't a good practice player or whatever but in games he plays well enough to continue to get minutes when he's out there.

Hopefully they are telling him all the right things about him sticking around and possibly becoming a very solid player and an important piece for the franchise in the future. You just can't ever give up on talent like that, especuially cheap talent. I'm sure they are building him up behind closed doors tho.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Green is a badly underrated guy that has enough potential to become champion of more contests other than slam dunk. it's true that Green doesn't play defense, but some other guy also doesn't play defense yet was selected to all-star game.
I'm gonna laugh at that one.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 02-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
It's just hard to believe he's so bad he can't even sniff the court, even on garbage time anymore it seems.
Yea even when the Darco Milicics of the world get picked second overall.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

gerald green is the future of the mavericks!
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #19
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker View Post
gerald green is the future of the mavericks!
I second that
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #20
ty
Diamond Member

In that case, I'm not looking forward to the future Mavericks led by Gerald.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

He must be dumb as a rock. Simple. great work ethic, great athlete...but must not be able to wrap his head around the rest.
Plus, judging by what I've seen in interviews, and articles, it seems as if the baby him, and he's cool with it, which points that they know he's immature mentally. I feel for the guy, because he has game, and a great attitude, but can't put it all together.
The only chance he had was injuries, or a terrible season in which the FO gave up on the season, and gave him a 100% chance, pass or fail
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #22
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I just dont see the harm in keeping him around..hes still very young. Yee he might have had several chances, but soo what. Keep him as your 14th or 15th guy if you can and see if one day he comes through.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Since he has less fingers, his buckets should count for more points right. Anyone?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #24
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Just wondering: Could the description of Green as being "mentally immature" also read "not that intelligent"? I'm not trying to be disrespectful by any means, but a possible lack of intelligence usually doesn't leave a person as time goes by. With that said, an interesting question would be if there were players in the NBA who didn't seem to be as bright as humanly possible, yet had a very high basketball IQ. If so, one could hope that Green might develop that with age and experience and thus help us in the long run.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Since he has less fingers, his buckets should count for more points right. Anyone?
I think his dunks should be worth 3 points, because of how amazing they are
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've heard, the guy doesn't know where he needs to be on the court when he's in the game... still.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #27
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

When it comes to Carlisle's plan for Green...I guess I just hope he has a plan. From everything I've heard, Gerald is consistently getting one-on-one attention with the coaches. Its a start. That's part of what Gerald needs. One-on-one coaching, the type of coaching he would have got in college, where he should have gone. With the talented assistant coaches and Carlisle, I think it should help.

While it seems to me that Gerald is ready for playing time right now, I suppose Carlisle thinks that's not the case. I'm hoping his plan goes somehting like this: Green is to be tutored, to get plenty of attention, try to catch him up on the stuff he missed in his jump right from high school. Nuances of the game, from rebounding to defense to passing to whatever he needs. When Gerald gets to a point where he has stopped learning through practice, and he needs to learn through playing time, then Carlisle will start integrating Green into the rotation. Until then, he needs to remain a willing student.

Its not a bad idea, but the biggest problem is that Green is only signed for a one year deal. If I were him, there is a possible I would not want to resign. Now Green apparently enjoys it here and has family, but he's spent 50% of the 08-09 season on the bench, and its not over yet. There's a chance Gerald may believe he can get more playing time elsewhere, while still learning what he needs to learn.

Perhaps Gerald is all for this plan of tutelage, and maybe that's not an issue. But to an uninformed fan, it seems to me that I would be pretty pissed off at this organization. I remember one quote from him that said something like, "Dallas might be the home I'm looking for." Very vague, I remember thinking. While he wasn't saying he was leaving, he wasn't hinting he was staying either.

But really? This kid has some much raw talent. From his most recent stint, I'm not afraid to say he's a good shooter. He's got a three-ball and he's got a jumper. We all know he can dunk. And I know people say that he doesn't care about defense, but I think he does. That jump from high school to pro prevented him from being very good at it, however. Before, all Gerald had to do was use his atheleticism to be a good defender. Now, everybody's on a similar level of athleticism, and he actually needs to work to be a good defender. That's new to him. Green will play defense. He just hasn't really known how.

I think Green has a bright future, and I'm surprised that several posters don't see the same in Green. But unless there is an underlying plan to all of this, I really am not sure that Green's future is here. I hope it is, but its just hard to tell.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #28
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
From what I've heard, the guy doesn't know where he needs to be on the court when he's in the game... still.
I haven't heard anything about that, but if true, then there ain't much you can do to excuse Green.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #29
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

didnt see him play at all~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #30
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Answered my own question.

Last edited by RareMilk; 02-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #31
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

harold miner could jump out the building as could jr. rider. Would any of you want them on your court? Dunking does not in any way equal being an even decent NBA player. His shot selection sucks and there is no pass once he gets the ball. It dissapoints me because coming in to this season I was excited about his signing but alas just another great athlete who is not that good at the game of basketball.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #32
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Stay clean ! Stay Green !

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-24-2009 at 01:38 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:33 AM   #33
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

I did notice earlier in the season was Green doing a pretty good job on Kobe in the 4th quarter at LA. He may not be an average defender but another guy similar to Green who does get a lot of playing time is J.R. Smith (a below average defender, I may be wrong about this, didn't check facts) in Denver; so maybe the problem is not all necessarily with Green but it's with Carlisle (who may have his biases, prefering veterans to youngsters, Wright has more basketball experience than Green). If it was Mike D'Antoni, Green would be a stud, and NY would probably be the 8th or 7th seed in the Eastern conference standings right now. Another thing is that the Mavs probably don't want to play Green and have his value go up so that they can re-sign him to a low value contract next year. The Mavs would be smart to do so since the All-Star Game 2010 is in Dallas and Green needs to be in the Slam Dunk Contest against DHoward and Lebron.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 02-24-2009 at 07:10 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #34
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Should've traded him. He has no future as a Mav and I love his potential but what's the use of letting potential rot on the bench? Bobby Brown would've contributed now to this team. Unless he too would've been sat on the bench to scramble for garbage minutes.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

It's a pity that he has obviously no future here. Carlisle isn't giving much playing time in the future and he didn't see the court for long in the past. IMO, he never got a fair chance. But so be it...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #36
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

We don't love Green Suckas!
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #37
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

wrong thread

Last edited by SlimBig; 02-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.
SlimBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #38
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

wrong thread

Last edited by SlimBig; 02-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.
SlimBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #39
tcat075
Diamond Member

Why Green should play with Jet out
*Green can shoot.
*Green can drive.
*He's an energy guy, something very few Mavs seem to have.
*Only way Green becomes a better basketball player is if he plays in some games.
*He can provide some instant scoring from Kidd alley oops.
*With Jet out, we have few shooters.
*With Jet out, we have few scoring options, period.
*If he sucks, we just bench him again.

Why he shouldn't?
*He'll commit some turnovers
*He doesn't play great defense
*Makes rookie mistakes from time to time

To me, the good outweighs the bad on this. Please, Carlisle?

Last edited by tcat075; 02-24-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #40
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Green won't play, I've learned to accept that already. If Carroll who played like crap is playing over him, i don't think green will ever play.

Tags
devin harris repeat, give green pt!, green = mental midget, green gives a shocker, green is clean!, greendunks>mentalmidget