Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default The mandatory thread that isnt even worthy of thread (goodengate)

Quote:
Mavericks forward Drew Gooden allegedly yelled homophobic slur
http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/1731193.html
Heckling by Los Angeles Clippers fans may have led to the Mavericks’ Drew Gooden saying some allegedly insensitive comments during the Mavericks’ game at Staples Center on Saturday.

Gooden did not play and was dressed in street clothes behind the bench. According to the Web site Outsports.com, Gooden yelled a homophobic slur at a pair of fans seated near the Mavericks bench.

The Web site said Gooden yelled the slur at actor Chris Wylde, who is married and is not gay and was attending the game with a friend. Owner Mark Cuban would not comment, but e-mailed Wylde, according to the Web site, and said the team would deal with Gooden internally. He sent an e-mail to the Web site saying that some of the heckling was not as innocent as fans suggested, although he added that even so, it doesn’t excuse homophobic commentary.
Quote:
Source: Gooden Didn't Insult Fan With Slur
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=4619504

DALLAS -- A team source denied accusations that Dallas Mavericks center/forward Drew Gooden used a homosexual slur to insult a couple of Los Angeles Clippers fans Saturday night.

The NBA is reviewing the incident, according to league spokesman Tim Frank.

One of the fans made the accusations to Outsports.com, a Web site that focuses on gay issues in sports. The team source said that a man walking out of the Staples Center with Gooden was the one who made the offensive comments.

Chris Wylde, a 33-year-old Clippers season-ticket holder, who is not gay, said the comments were made after he and his friend sat courtside, adjacent to the Mavericks bench, and did some "good-natured" heckling.

Gooden, who is nursing a rib injury, wore street clothes and sat behind the Mavericks bench during the game.

"After the game we went to the souvenir shop and my friend said he wanted to check if one of the kiosks had a particular jersey he was looking for, so he headed back through the stadium and I followed a few feet behind," Wylde told the Web site. "I saw him look shocked and turn to me, then I heard from Drew Gooden who was surrounded by three or four guys walking past me and pointing to me, 'There's that other faggot.' He had said, 'There's that faggot' about my friend and that's why he turned to me shocked. It was completely unsolicited. We said nothing to him during the game, or in the hallway. He just called us both 'faggots' because he's a bigoted spoiled bully."

Gooden declined to comment after the Mavericks' shootaround Tuesday morning.

When reached by ESPNDallas.com, Wylde said he was certain that it was Gooden who made the offensive comments. Wylde said Gooden didn't direct the comments toward him or the other Clippers fan, but Wylde overheard Gooden talking to his friends.

"I personally think Drew is kind of covering his tracks right now," Wylde said. "I'm 100 percent confident he said it. I basically just want to make sure that this doesn't happen in the future, because God forbid he says it to the wrong person."

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban declined multiple requests from ESPNDallas.com to comment on the accusations. Cuban did reply when contacted by Outsports.com.

"For the record, I heard their heckling during the game, some was funny, some not as innocent as they want to make it sound," Cuban wrote in an e-mail to the Web site. "That doesn't excuse any homophobic commentary from anyone, but it does make me want to get confirmation. This wouldn't be the first time I received an accusatory email that turned out not to be factual because someone wanted to make a point of some sort to or about a 'repulsive millionaire.' Based on some of their heckling towards our players during the game, there could be some other motivation in their communications with us.

"In terms of how I deal with it internally, it's just as wrong to accuse someone of being homophobic as it is to make homophobic comments. I will deal with this privately and whatever we find or actions we take will stay private."

Wylde, whose seats were upgraded to courtside, acknowledged that he heckled the Mavericks throughout the game. Wylde, an actor, said he made fun of Dirk Nowitzki's tan, J.J. Barea's height and asked Cuban for a loan but never said anything offensive.

"We were saying ridiculous stuff but nothing hateful or hurtful," said Wylde, who didn't recall getting any reaction from Gooden during the game. "We were yelling silly stuff. Nothing vulgar, nothing offensive."

Outsports.com co-founder Jim Buzinski, who wrote the story, said he found Wylde's story credible but could not corroborate it.

"The reason we highlight these sorts of things is because that word is a signal in sports that you're weak or feminine or not good enough," Buzinski said. "To me, 'faggot' is the slur of choice for professional athletes. At Outsports, we just think this kind of things has to stop."

Tim MacMahon covers the Mavericks for ESPNDallas.com. E-mail him at tim.macmahon@espn3.com.
sounds like a non story but forum rules read that every ridiculous article that is Mavs related must be posted.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-03-2009 at 07:07 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I like how they point out that he is not gay everytime they mention the fan. Are they covering something up for him? How do they know he's not closet?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 11-03-2009 at 07:22 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Gooden sucks.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Gooden sucks.
do you have some personal experience of this? It may shed some light on this this thread and the supposed remarks Gooden made if you do.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Yee def. sounds like a non story. Also Gooden needs to grow his old beard out and look a little tougher than he is now and come back and actually do something on the court. But grow the beard out first.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

...and people call each other faggots every day and its not a big deal.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
...and people call each other faggots every day and its not a big deal.
wow.. you're an idiot.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #8
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
wow.. you're an idiot.

w/e you sayy man, but thats the truth. It happens all the time.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
w/e you sayy man, but thats the truth. It happens all the time.
That doesn't make it write or socially acceptable.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
AO41
Platinum Member

I never said it did, but the majority of the population uses it. Unless you are talking to a gay person and your goal is to intentionally put them down, then actually the word is acceptable.

Just like nigger/nigga, its "not socially acceptable" but it is constantly used by everyone.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I know, write.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #12
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Such a non story. Its funny that this actor had to go and tell some website. haha
Just tryin to get his name out there again
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

write or rong, I think this is there problem to deel with.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm offended by how sensitive everyone is.

Too bad the word is currently traveling the path of the N-word. It could have had a function but everyone was too mentally weak. For example, I wouldn't direct the word 'fag' toward just any homosexual, but I would toward Chris Crocker. Chris Crocker is a fag.

See? Now homosexuals have increased their social distance from Chris Crocker, just as they've always tried to do anyway. They could call him a fag too and it would make perfect sense.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 11-04-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: wording
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Whats funny in the whole bit is that Chris Wylde is a D-class actor whose most recent work is a CBS direct-to-internet show called "Heckle U"

Quote:
"Heckle-U," the story of a slacker "Chance" and his best friend "Darrell" who have the ability to change the course of a basketball game by heckling the opposing teams into submission. Chance is pushed to excel as a heckler and take their theatrics to the next level by his Uncle Lou.
From imdb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1383293/

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-03-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ, what is this world coming to? Can't say this, you can't say that. I'll catch something for saying Jesus Christ probably.

Calling someone faggot is a bad word now, like the "n" word? F that... It may result in a confrontation or something, but if you get your feelings hurt over those words you are probably just too damn sensitive over the fact that you don't like that your gayness isn't fully excepted everywhere and by everyone. Thats why it hurts. I don't think it's on the level of calling someone a "N". The next thing is gonna be "stupid", you can't use that word it offends stupid people.

Personally I think it's hard to offend gay fags because hell, what am I gonna do to them that is worse than they are already doing to each other?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I'm so sick of hypersensitivity. Honestly, people, who the hell cares if someone calls someone else a name. What kind of a pansy goes and cries to the press about it. I say good. If the guy actually was a fag is it still offensive? Will he be charged with a hate crime? Grow a pair, jerkoff.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

whole lotta stupid in this thread
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

1/6 of all posts in this thread are by you though fluid..
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1/6 of all posts in this thread are by you though fluid..
That wasn't directed at you... unless you really see nothing wrong with Gooden saying that to someone?

Even if you think calling anyone a 'faggot' isn't bad (which I think would be ridiculous) .. don't you think calling a stranger a 'faggot' is bad? How about if you get paid millions of $$ to play for and represent a team and you call a fan of the NBA a faggot while AT the arena still? You see nothing wrong with that?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #21
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

I hear he's taking a leave of absense now and he's evaluating some things in his life.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
I hear he's taking a leave of absense now and he's evaluating some things in his life.
Wylde or Gooden?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only posting something of substance in this thread if it is an "official" thread.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why It Matters.

The Queens gay man who was nearly beaten to death spoke out about the brutal attack for the first time yesterday. Jack Price, 49, who is still in the hospital recovering from multiple injuries, told the Daily News, "I thought I died. I was bleeding all over the place." Price, who was recently taken out of his medically-induced coma, was allegedly beaten in College Point, Queens by Daniel Rodriguez, 21, and Daniel Aleman, 26. The pair were apparently captured on video committing the crime; Rodriguez reportedly told Price "My father is a C.O. [correction officer]. You will never do anything to us." Yesterday, Rodriguez's father, the former C.O., attempted to take the blame for his son's actions, saying "I caused him the harm the minute I stopped being a father to my son." However, Rodriguez told detectives "I was angry, cause Jack is disgusting."
Price was on his way home on Oct. 8 when Rodriguez and Aleman followed him, calling him "stupid FAGGOT" in Spanish, not knowing that Price understood what they were saying. They cornered him outside of a bodega and kicked him repeatedly, leaving him to crawl 10 blocks home, where he called the cops. Price said, "I hope they rot in jail. I don't understand how someone can do this to somebody. They almost killed another human being."
Price doesn't know when he will be released from the hospital, but Queens Community House is holding a march today in College Point, rallying at Popenhusen playground to "protest homophobia and celebrate diversity."
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #25
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

If you shout insults at huge guys with big egos, they might call you a bad name.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like how they point out that he is not gay everytime they mention the fan. Are they covering something up for him? How do they know he's not closet?
Ha, good point. So much fun you could have with that. As in:

"Wylde, who is not openly gay..."

"Wylde, who claims to be straight..."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #27
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

this is good stuff.. i have got to right this down.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know, write.
Quote:
write or rong, I think this is there problem to deel with.
I hate you both.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #29
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wylde or Gooden?
Wylde, but I totally made that up.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #30
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
thats true...it doesn't make it "WRITE". Bigotry never dun to wel in skool!...nevr learned to use no pin and papur.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 11-03-2009 at 11:34 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
thats true...it doesn't make it "WRITE". Bigotry never dun to wel in skool!...nevr learned to use no pin and papur.
Shut it alien. It's already been mocked by multiple posters.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #32
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought homophobic would indicate fear of homosexuals. So unless Gooden said "aww, get away from me, you scare me, you scallywag!" then I don't think he said anything homophobic.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #33
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I thought homophobic would indicate fear of homosexuals. So unless Gooden said "aww, get away from me, you scare me, you scallywag!" then I don't think he said anything homophobic.
I don't see how this makes Gooden bigoted, spoiled, or a bully.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post

The Queens gay man who was nearly beaten to death spoke out about the brutal attack for the first time yesterday. Jack Price, 49, who is still in the hospital recovering from multiple injuries, told the Daily News, "I thought I died. I was bleeding all over the place." Price, who was recently taken out of his medically-induced coma, was allegedly beaten in College Point, Queens by Daniel Rodriguez, 21, and Daniel Aleman, 26. The pair were apparently captured on video committing the crime; Rodriguez reportedly told Price "My father is a C.O. [correction officer]. You will never do anything to us." Yesterday, Rodriguez's father, the former C.O., attempted to take the blame for his son's actions, saying "I caused him the harm the minute I stopped being a father to my son." However, Rodriguez told detectives "I was angry, cause Jack is disgusting."
Price was on his way home on Oct. 8 when Rodriguez and Aleman followed him, calling him "stupid FAGGOT" in Spanish, not knowing that Price understood what they were saying. They cornered him outside of a bodega and kicked him repeatedly, leaving him to crawl 10 blocks home, where he called the cops. Price said, "I hope they rot in jail. I don't understand how someone can do this to somebody. They almost killed another human being."
Price doesn't know when he will be released from the hospital, but Queens Community House is holding a march today in College Point, rallying at Popenhusen playground to "protest homophobia and celebrate diversity."
Someone said the word "stupid" while committing violence? I hereby declare the word "stupid" racist, sexist, and homophobic! You can't say it anymore!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #35
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Someone said the word "stupid" while committing violence? I hereby declare the word "stupid" racist, sexist, and homophobic! You can't say it anymore!
You'll still be in danger.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
That's ridiculous. All you did was dance around the issue at question.

Still and all, there may be more to this story than was reported. Was there any history between these guys? They knew each other, "from the neighborhood," according to the article cited. There could have been some other things going on that precipitated the ass-kicking other than solely the fact that the one guy is gay.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:54 AM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That's ridiculous. All you did was dance around the issue at question.
I attest the article's inclusion into this thread is the diversion. Associating the word with violence has nothing to do with the word.

What was its logical relevance? The word was used in a beatdown so the word shouldn't be used? With that logic, you can't say "stupid" either. That was the point.

I see no other way that article relates to the discussion.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

I'd guess that the descriptor was much, much less relevant than the noun. You seemed to think it was very important.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #39
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

I may be unique in this, but I don't believe in thought crimes.

Say I beat you up on the street like that. In my (actual) personal opinion, it doesn't matter whether it was because I don't like your skin color, I don't like your sexual orientation, or you took my beer. They're all equal crimes and I should be punished for the violence accordingly. That's why I think the story is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with the word choices.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #40
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

And no I'm not saying "it's ok to be racist". I just don't think it's a crime, nor do I think it enhances the severity of a crime.

Tags
dirkftw ftw, gay thread, got a bit fluffy in here, life that lifestyle