Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-12-2001, 07:39 PM   #1
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I'm sick of buying crappy CDs. You know how it is, you buy a CD by someone that has 1 or 2 good songs, but the rest of the CD SUCKS! For example, Green Day has lots of good songs, so I bought their CD Nimrod. Except for Good Ridance, the CD blows. So I was wondering if any one had any good sugestions for CDs to purchase. I'm an alternative rock fan, so none of that boy band crap please.

A few suggestions from me are:

Creed-My Own Prison & Human Clay
Blink 182-Enema of the State
Limp Bizkit-Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Californication
P.O.D.-The Fundamental Elemants of Southtown
Old 04-12-2001, 08:32 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

That Chili Peppers CD is CLASSIC. I like Limp a lot, too.

I don't listen to alternative that much anymore, so I can only recommend old cd's. Anything by Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Guns 'N' Roses is quality. The best PJam Cd is their first one, and the best Nirvana is the one with "smells like teen spirit", "lithium", etc.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:35 PM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Pearl Jam and Nirvana ROCK! But I don't listen to Guns 'N' Roses much.
Old 04-12-2001, 08:39 PM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

"Don't Cry" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" are my favorite GNR songs...
Old 04-13-2001, 06:11 PM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Did you guys know that GNR is touring in Europe right now and will be releasing a new album later this year? Apparently GNR is now just Axel and a bunch of other guys we've never heard of. Slash and the gang are gone. I have buddy that lives and breathes this band.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 12:02 AM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I hate it when old bands start returing with all new members.
Old 04-14-2001, 01:18 AM   #7
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I have to add an new one, I just got the new Lifehouse CD. No Name Face. It's pretty cool. Has no one else heard these guys?
Old 04-14-2001, 02:00 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I've only heard of their released track "Hanging By A Moment" and I think it's pretty cool (check the thread below on current fave songs..it's on my list).
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 11:18 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Oh...thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2001, 07:32 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

cd, i'd have to go with anything by garth
creed is awesome
the eagles, journey
used to love dave matthews until i went to a concert of his last year...it was total sh*t
collective soul and u2
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 09:47 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Just bought the new albums by....

Tim McGraw - Set This Circus down
Charlie Robison - Step Right Up

Both are GREAT albums.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 08:42 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i think pat green is at UNT tonight.
damn, class, mavs, stars, and pat green in one night
screw class and pat green...and even the stars
Old 05-03-2001, 08:43 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

i just bought tim mcgraw's greatest hits.
charlie robinson has a couple great songs.
Old 05-03-2001, 08:46 AM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm not a big Pat Green fan but I LOVE that song Texas On My Mind.

Old 05-03-2001, 08:50 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Rob finally finds someone to compare music notes with!

well, i have that tim mcgraw's greatest hits (one of my four country cds).
Old 05-03-2001, 09:34 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

actually, about 90% of my cd's are country.

i love about 3-4 pat green songs...
that's enough for me to say i'm a fan of his,
Old 05-03-2001, 11:16 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'd say I got about 150 or more CD's, and probably 5-10 of those aren't Country. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2001, 12:37 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool
who's your favorite country singer of all time?
Old 05-03-2001, 03:20 PM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Oh man, that's a tough question. Don't think I could pick just one, so here's a few.

Willie Nelson
George Strait
Alan Jackson
Tim McGraw
Alabama
Clay Walker

Old 05-03-2001, 03:30 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

i like some of all of theirs...
although everything of george's sounds the same to me now..
for about a 15 year period, he was awesome.
tim's good in concert, willie...i like some of his,
clay was a favorite of mine
could live without jackson though
alabama, amazing
Old 05-03-2001, 03:39 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

WILLIE!! The best by far!
Old 05-03-2001, 04:47 PM   #22
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Here's the Reggie top 10 CD's:
10. Legend: Bob Marley
09: 1984: Van Halen
08: The Joshua Tree: U2
07: Woman as Salvation: Jackopierce (you'll dig that one, DJBacklash)
06: Begger's Banquet: Rolling Stones
05: Abbey Road: The Beattles
04: Ten: Pearl Jam
03: Desire: Bob Dylan
02: War: U2
and the best CD in Reggie's opinion is .................
AC/DC's BACK IN BLACK (You gotta love Hell's Bells)
Old 05-04-2001, 11:06 AM   #23
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I found this awesome new mp3 prog called iNapNow MCM. Check it out here. It's basically a prog that lets you download any song from the current music charts (i.e., Billboard Top 80, MTV Top 20, Country Top 30, etc.). Pretty convenient if you're just looking to get the newest tracks you hear on the radio.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote