Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ballin' With Bryan

Some of you may or may not know that I'm an NBA writer for www.yoursportstake.com, I also writer on www.mavsmoneyball.com

I'm really excited to announce that I'm getting my own internet radio show, it's called Ballin' With Bryan. It's going to cover all things NBA and we're going to discuss news around the league and get the voices of writers around the league to get the local viewpoint.

It's going to be a weekly show, the premiere show will be Monday from 3-5 PM CST. You can listen to the show live at www.fishbowlradionetwork.com and search for the green studio. The show will be available for download on www.yoursportstake.com in the NBA section within a day after the show has completed.

Probably the coolest part of the announcement is one of my interviews will be with Mike Fisher from db.com
I'm working on confirming the time, but he's scheduled to come on for sure.

It'd really mean a lot to me if you guys listened or downloaded the show when it's available and give it a listen!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, man! It will be nice to know at least one person on sports radio knows what they are talking about.

I'll have to see if I can't give it a listen at some point.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Congratulations, man! It will be nice to know at least one person on sports radio knows what they are talking about.

I'll have to see if I can't give it a listen at some point.
I appreciate it...I know the more downloads I get off the podcast, the more it'll look good for me. The live listens will help the studio, which is good...but I'm more interested in the downloads lol.

I'll be talking about a wide variety of stuff.
Fisher is slated to come on in the 4 o'clock hour. Not exactly sure yet what I'll be talking to him about yet...
Old 07-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Funky. I will be downloading your show !
Old 07-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Probably the coolest part of the announcement is one of my interviews will be with Mike Fisher from db.com
I'm working on confirming the time, but he's scheduled to come on for sure.
Remind that Fer not to break his arm patting his own back... Oh, and tell him to put more links in his donut column that shoot you to those awesome shirts. Can't get my fill of those.

Congrats though man.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Remind that Fer not to break his arm patting his own back... Oh, and tell him to put more links in his donut column that shoot you to those awesome shirts. Can't get my fill of those.

Congrats though man.
Haha...I'm sure he'll try to offer me a solid deal on some shirts
Old 07-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

So first you decided to save mavsmoneyball (no kidding, now it's at least worth a click every now and then again, last season that site seemed to be almost dead) and now you're saying that in the middle of the offseason, with the FA-hoopla pretty much over and hardly anybody talking about the nba anymore, you're starting to do a 2-hour weekly nba-show tomorrow that will be available for download to save my day?! Busy summer for you, huh?

You may wonder if I'm serious now, but I can assure you I totally am, this is really great news to me (although it feels as if I managed somehow to sound even more excited than I am): I always like to have fresh mavs/nba-podcasts for my mp3-player, which is a need that is usually hard to meet at this time of the year. From the little mavs stuff theticket has on program, even less becomes available for podcast and if it does, it's usually just as tiny 5-6min sound-bites, so that doesn't help a lot. Probably espn won't have a lot to offer for the rest of the summer, so this is very much appreciated!
I hope you can keep a little Mavs bias in your all-nba show, but be sure to have at least one download from Berlin (Hauptstadt der DDR) every week anyhow. Not sure though if your program director cares much about downloads from Europe, I guess we're not exactly the main target audience for his promo-partners.

Last edited by mavErika; 07-18-2010 at 10:44 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
So first you decided to save mavsmoneyball (no kidding, now it's at least worth a click every now and then again, last season that site seemed to be almost dead) and now you're saying that in the middle of the offseason, with the FA-hoopla pretty much over and hardly anybody talking about the nba anymore, you're starting to do a 2-hour weekly nba-show tomorrow that will be available for download to save my day?! Busy summer for you, huh?

You may wonder if I'm serious now, but I can assure you I totally am, this is really great news to me (although it feels as if I managed somehow to sound even more excited than I am): I always like to have fresh mavs/nba-podcasts for my mp3-player, which is a need that is usually hard to meet at this time of the year. From the little mavs stuff theticket has on program, even less becomes available for podcast and if it does, it's usually just as tiny 5-6min sound-bites, so that doesn't help a lot. Probably espn won't have a lot to offer for the rest of the summer, so this is very much appreciated!
I hope you can keep a little Mavs bias in your all-nba show, but be sure to have at least one download from Berlin (Hauptstadt der DDR) every week anyhow. Not sure though if your program director cares much about downloads from Europe, I guess we're not exactly the main target audience for his promo-partners.
The live listens are going to help the studio out for sure but the downloads will definitely give me hyping ability to show that people want to listen!

I appreciate your kind words, awesome to hear that. It has been a busy summer for me, but I love it!

As for MMB, let's just say a skinny man helped steer me in that direction.
Writing never really was something that was a forte of mine, but when it's geared to sports it just seems like a natural fit for me. If you bring the Mavs on board, it's very simple. There was a concern for lack of content over the course of the offseason but you know the Mavericks always take care of that issue. Summer League Games have helped for sure, but that is wrapping up tonight. I'm still pretty confident we can pump out solid material there on the site. I wanted to do my part to bring a new voice or new avenue for us to read Mavs-related information...it's pretty obvious we are all junkies and are willing to absorb any kind of information we find.

As for the show, I feel I've got a pretty good dose of my own content but I'm utilizing the help of some friends from SB Nation to bring the perspective from around the country. The Mavs are still going to find a way into the mix, I just don't want to go overkill on it Like I mentioned before, Mike Fisher from db.com will jump on board for a segment so you'll get a solid dose of Mavs talk there!
Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Sounds great, and yes, it would be pretty hard to fill two hours with mavs-talk in the middle of July, and I guess to many people the prospect of it wouldn't be as appealing as to me.

And it's good to hear you're well prepared (You better be if you are live, or is it taped before the broadcast? Did you have a try-out in the studio, or will it be your first time in front of a mic? Not to give you the jitters...), I remember the first episode of the hour-long thebasketballjones audio podcast never saw the daylight because they felt it was too bad.

Anyway, good luck for the first show and I'm looking forward to listen starting from tuesday.

(Btw, I didn't quite get which skinny man you were talking about... Flaco? Roddy? Dirk? Jeff "Skin" Wade? Jesus? Or should I even understand?)
Old 07-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Sounds great, and yes, it would be pretty hard to fill two hours with mavs-talk in the middle of July, and I guess to many people the prospect of it wouldn't be as appealing as to me.

And it's good to hear you're well prepared (You better be if you are live, or is it taped before the broadcast? Did you have a try-out in the studio, or will it be your first time in front of a mic? Not to give you the jitters...), I remember the first episode of the hour-long thebasketballjones audio podcast never saw the daylight because they felt it was too bad.

Anyway, good luck for the first show and I'm looking forward to listen starting from tuesday.

(Btw, I didn't quite get which skinny man you were talking about... Flaco? Roddy? Dirk? Jeff "Skin" Wade? Jesus? Or should I even understand?)
It was flaco lol

I've been co-hosting an all-sports show for the past 5 weeks so I do have experience talking...it's just a matter of working the board and making sure everything is running smoothly. And yeah, it'll be live...so I better not cuss, but that's not a problem for me usually haha.

I think it'll just be a good soundboard to hear about relevant stories around the league and getting a different perspective on it...being mine is probably slightly different than yours haha, different nonetheless.

But yeah, Dallas is home...so I'm going to get Mavs content in there as much as I can. They've done enough to come into the NBA scope so they'll get mentioned and we'll have an entire segment with an interview devoted to all things Mavs.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
mavErika
Golden Member

Haha, I didn't expect to nail it with my first try, flaco seemed to be only slightly more plausible to me than some of the other options - and it's good to know that my line of questions couldn't freak you out!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Will try to catch it live, and will download. Nice to see one of our own getting some airtime.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Will try to catch it live, and will download. Nice to see one of our own getting some airtime.
I'm definitely excited about it...thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is there a link to download the show? I'd be glad to listen to BG and help him out by downloading it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #16
BGMaverick9
Guru

you'll just go to www.fishbowlradionetwork.com
and I'll be in the green studio from 3-5 pm CST

the podcast will be up within a day, I'll post that when it's up!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-19-2010 at 10:44 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you'll just go to www.fishbowlradionetwork.com
and I'll be in the green studio from 3-5 pm CST

the podcast will be up within a day, I'll post that when it's up!
ok, I'll wait for the download.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #18
BGMaverick9
Guru

thanks!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #19
BGMaverick9
Guru

Alright guys!

The link is up!
http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/

Please be sure to tell anyone and everyone to go download it, 2 hours of NBA Talk
Old 07-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Alright guys!

The link is up!

Please be sure to tell anyone and everyone to go download it, 2 hours of NBA Talk
downloaded. will you keep posting links when you post new episodes?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that Bryan guy has a sexy-smooth voice...

Is he single? (um, I'm asking for someone other than myself, I swear!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
downloaded. will you keep posting links when you post new episodes?
yes sir! Hopefully no later than Wednesdays, my show is live from 3-5 CST on Monday. Just had an issue getting the broadcast transferred to my flash drive this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wow, that Bryan guy has a sexy-smooth voice...

Is he single? (um, I'm asking for someone other than myself, I swear!)
You're nuts! But yes, he's still single...keeping busy obviously!
We still need to get that drink!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #23
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I'm super trendy and will only listen to podcasts hah. Good luck and I hope the best for you

Edit: Listening around the 9-10 minute mark 311 plays! I might have to put this on my ipod for long drives

Last edited by RareMilk; 07-21-2010 at 04:29 PM.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
mavErika
Golden Member

[downloading 37%]
Old 07-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
I'm super trendy and will only listen to podcasts hah. Good luck and I hope the best for you

Edit: Listening around the 9-10 minute mark 311 plays! I might have to put this on my ipod for long drives
Haha, the music selections are ALL me. That one was a late addition but definitely needed it on there.

Quote:
[downloading 37%]
Thanks!

I hope you guys enjoy it...I know it's not elite or super great or anything but it's something I definitely love doing and I am definitely wanting to improve!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #26
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
.I know it's not elite or super great or anything....
Finished. Seems pretty professional to me: My mp3-player instantly created a new folder (Brian Gutierrez's Podcasts) instead of just filing it under "unknown" and the file itself has the name of the show and the date in it. Good start.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #27
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Finished. Seems pretty professional to me: My mp3-player instantly created a new folder (Bryan Gutierrez's Podcasts) instead of just filing it under "unknown" and the file itself has the name of the show and the date in it. Good start.
I fixed it for you

It was a little scatter-brained at moments, but I think part of it was just getting a feel for pretty much talking on my own...which I really don't do lol and being familiar in a studio I've never been in before.

Prep wise, I felt really good about it and I had more than I used...which will help planning forward.

I know on the show I co-host on I was really nervous the first week and really got rolling after that. I feel it'll be the same way going forward with this. I appreciate you guys taking time out and listening!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #28
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Very Nice Bro

BG > Brady Tinker....

Edit: Your music sound alot better than DFW Sportstalk

Last edited by Mav Addict; 07-21-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks man.

I don't have any ads right now, so it's mainly music for now lol. Music will probably die off a little but not all the way

Like I said, I'll be posting these every week. Just as long as I don't suck and get kicked off!
Within 1 day I've gotten 37 downloads and I'm ranked 80th out of 137 on podomatic for Professional Sports podcasts

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-21-2010 at 07:17 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #30
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
I fixed it for you

It was a little scatter-brained at moments, but I think part of it was just getting a feel for pretty much talking on my own...which I really don't do lol and being familiar in a studio I've never been in before.

Prep wise, I felt really good about it and I had more than I used...which will help planning forward.

I know on the show I co-host on I was really nervous the first week and really got rolling after that. I feel it'll be the same way going forward with this. I appreciate you guys taking time out and listening!
Whoops, the mp3-player got it right, must have been "Life of Brian" scenes still spooking through my head. I watched some earlier today on youtube.

As for my previous post, to not leave any room for misunderstandings, I only finished downloading then and started listening afterwards. It would have been kind of harsh to focus solely on the sheer appearance of the podcast and to not mention anything what you've said or done in the show, and that's not nearly what I meant to bring across.
I'm at the 20min mark now (good start there as well) and won't listen through it at once, instead I intend to ration it to have some contemporary nba-talk on my mp3-player for a few days normally. Not this week though, I guess out of curiosity I'll be done by tomorrow.

Last edited by mavErika; 07-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 AM   #31
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - is that you ?

Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #32
BGMaverick9
Guru

Haha, not quite.

I got some downloads in Europe...very cool!
After ONE day, I'm ranked 793 out of over 14,000 podcasts and 7th out of 137 professional sports podcasts! THANK YOU GUYS!

Let's see what we can do
Old 07-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #33
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

downloading now. I've been home like 1 out of the past 6-7 days, so sorry I missed it.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #34
BGMaverick9
Guru

No it's cool, i appreciate the taking time out and listening.
Having a hard time getting a hold of guests right now so it looks like it'll be more me...good thing or bad thing depending on who you ask

I'm 15 downloads away from matching yesterday's numbers and I'm past the 100 download mark, woo!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm happy to announce that I reached the 200+ download mark for episode 1 heading into today's show. I really appreciate all of you guys for taking time out to download and listen.

here is E2
Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #36
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

listening now!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #37
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I know its a bit late to provide feedback on your first episode, seeing how you already have a second one out, but I did have a few things that stood out to me.

To me, personally, if you had made this podcast solely focused on the Mavericks, it would be much more appealing. I'm not saying I won't listen to it, because I did and I'm planning on downloading e2 right after I type this. However, I listen to the Basketball Jones, and to the NBA Today, and even sometimes to Bill Simmons talk about NBA...no, scratch that, the Celtics. There is no Mavs-centered or even Mavs-centric podcast that I'm aware of, unfortunately. This podcast would immediately become one of my must listens as soon as each episode comes out, not a download and listen to within the next few days. I'd imagine you might focus a little bit more for the Mavs, but there is only so much you can do without beginning to be biased. And as we know with Bill Simmons, blatant, over the top, excessive bias can make for bad podcasting.

Now, I did like the show. There were times where I thought to myself, "Why didn't you ask about so-and-so" or "That's kind of a dumb question, isn't it?", but there were other times where I thought, "Management crisis in Atlanta? This is interesting, because I've never heard of it." For the first podcast ever (I'm assuming), it was nothing to be ashamed of. Quite the opposite, in fact. (oh, and that Hawks blogger...he sounded like he'd just come in from working on the farm planting sugar. there was something he said that was so hick I couldn't help but laugh)

I wouldn't be afraid to voice a few more of your own opinions, not just let the guests do all the talking. You have your head screwed on right from what I've seen of you on this board.

That's what I got. Take it with a grain of salt (and make sure its sea salt, not that fake crap) because I've never podcasted before and I don't know what its like, but I hope it helps a little.

Downloading epi 2 like I said right now.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #38
BGMaverick9
Guru

Feel free to comment FF1, i appreciate all comments good or bad.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #39
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I know its a bit late to provide feedback on your first episode, seeing how you already have a second one out, but I did have a few things that stood out to me.

To me, personally, if you had made this podcast solely focused on the Mavericks, it would be much more appealing. I'm not saying I won't listen to it, because I did and I'm planning on downloading e2 right after I type this. However, I listen to the Basketball Jones, and to the NBA Today, and even sometimes to Bill Simmons talk about NBA...no, scratch that, the Celtics. There is no Mavs-centered or even Mavs-centric podcast that I'm aware of, unfortunately. This podcast would immediately become one of my must listens as soon as each episode comes out, not a download and listen to within the next few days. I'd imagine you might focus a little bit more for the Mavs, but there is only so much you can do without beginning to be biased. And as we know with Bill Simmons, blatant, over the top, excessive bias can make for bad podcasting.

Now, I did like the show. There were times where I thought to myself, "Why didn't you ask about so-and-so" or "That's kind of a dumb question, isn't it?", but there were other times where I thought, "Management crisis in Atlanta? This is interesting, because I've never heard of it." For the first podcast ever (I'm assuming), it was nothing to be ashamed of. Quite the opposite, in fact. (oh, and that Hawks blogger...he sounded like he'd just come in from working on the farm planting sugar. there was something he said that was so hick I couldn't help but laugh)

I wouldn't be afraid to voice a few more of your own opinions, not just let the guests do all the talking. You have your head screwed on right from what I've seen of you on this board.

That's what I got. Take it with a grain of salt (and make sure its sea salt, not that fake crap) because I've never podcasted before and I don't know what its like, but I hope it helps a little.

Downloading epi 2 like I said right now.
Very appreciative of the comments!
I talked to Fisher and I think I can get some writers from db.com on. I started talking to Followill as well, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get him on board. The guy I co-host with on his sports show was asking, "how did you get fisher?" I just asked him, lol. That's all you can do, the worst thing is they say no. So we'll see what Followill has to say. As for other Mavs source...not too sure how I would get in contact with them.

I think it'd be pretty difficult to push a full 2 hours of solid Mavs talk, especially this time of the year. I'm not sure exactly how much I could actually get out of it. It IS something I'm considering but I'm still working out the kinks. I def. don't want to come off as a homer or biased though haha.

With the questions I asked, I wanted to throw some softballs and some out of the norm questions as well to add a different flair with the local perspective. I also had a time restriction to keep the show moving and not get too stagnant. And yes, Kris from the Hawks was a character for sure...but he knew his stuff!

Again, thanks for the comments...keep em coming! And tell people to download the show
Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #40
BGMaverick9
Guru

That's Episode 3