Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default I don't much like our team

Don't get me wrong. I will root for the Mavs through thick and thin (the 1990s when I had season tickets).

Most of the Mavs players seem like decent enough people, as much as you can tell as a fan, so I don't dislike them. I think the team has competitive talent. Not as much as the Lakers, but comparable to any other team in the West.

It's the way the team is put together. I don't think it makes sense. Here are the top nine players:

Kidd
Beaubois, Barea, Terry
Butler, Marion
Dirk
Haywood, Chandler

(I don't see more than limited time for Stevenson, Jones, Mahinni, and Ajinca, at best, so I'm leaving them out of the discussion).

First, Kidd is still good, but he's old. He needs rest, which means the Mavs need a back up point capable of big minutes, and they don't have one. Barea is too short. He gets exposed. Terry isn't really a point. Beaubois isn't (yet) a point.

Next, the Mavs have three short guards. I don't see how you can effectively play any two of Beaubois, Barea and Terry together.

The Mavs have two solid starting small forwards. Not great but legitimate starters.

At power forward we have Dirk--but no back up at all.

At center we have two defensive players (four if you count Mahinni and Ajinca) but no offense.

Something about the way this team is put together reminds me of the Dirk-Jamison-Walker team and it's not a pleasant memory.

Last edited by SeriousSummer; 09-20-2010 at 02:26 PM.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ban queerbane, cadcreditxpertbane, cuntbane bleeds for you, dontmuchlikeyoueither, douchebane rides again!, penisesareforpussies, smokingunderdog, tagsareforpussies, what is a mavs 777?