Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Un-effing-believable (PGT)

I'm really pissed about this one.

I'm sure I'll contribute some actual analysis at some point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

carlisle's fault. roddy was on fire. no excuse.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

I'm waiting how long we're gonna have to have Peja in the starting line up before Brewer replaces him.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
Right, because offense was the problem.

<Insert giant eye roll here>

I do wish Roddy had gotten a couple minutes in the fourth, but this was not Rick's fault and Roddy not playing more in the second half had nothing to do with this loss.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure who you sit. We haven't done a lot of three guard lineup with Roddy, and do you want to take Kidd out and try your chances with Roddy and JET together as your guards? Sitting JET wasn't going to win us this game. Roddy was great tonight, but JET was pretty good himself.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Peja+Minutes= BENCH!!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Right, because offense was the problem.

<Insert giant eye roll here>

I do wish Roddy had gotten a couple minutes in the fourth, but this was not Rick's fault and Roddy not playing more in the second half had nothing to do with this loss.
you're right, it's perfectly acceptable to bench the team's leading scorer early in the 3rd never to return. any sensible person would do that.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Not sure who you sit. We haven't done a lot of three guard lineup with Roddy, and do you want to take Kidd out and try your chances with Roddy and JET together as your guards? Sitting JET wasn't going to win us this game. Roddy was great tonight, but JET was pretty good himself.
They played the three guard lineup for about a minute and a half in the fourth. I would have liked to see Roddy play those minutes instead of JJ, based on how well he played in the first half.

But it's not a huge deal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

We lost cos of poor D the entire second half, not because Roddy was benched. Still, I hate how short a leash he is on.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
you're right, it's perfectly acceptable to bench the team's leading scorer early in the 3rd never to return. any sensible person would do that.
So your official position is that offense was the reason we lost this game. Ok.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs started to play really sloppy in the 3rd and invited the Grizzlies to become red hot and Memphis as a team is able to do, specially in the paint. Additonally every freaking ball went in or o-rebound went to them (Conleys three boucing high and back off the board inside, Battiers late rebound etc).

Kidd played like ass

Peja played beyond ass

Roddy didnt deserve not to play for the whole last 1.5 quarters

Marion had a solid all around game but some huge brainfarts (TO and his last crunchtime brick).

First Afflalo going insane in the 4th scoring like 20p and now the Grizzlies with Zach and Conley. This two losses really hurt, lets see if they REALLY hurt after the last game...

Last edited by sefant77; 03-06-2011 at 10:18 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Brewer's averaging 36 fouls per 36 minutes. I wanted to put it per 48 minutes, but I couldn't find a place with that stat and wasn't sure I could do the mental math. /sarcasm

edit: I take that back, of course B-R hasn't updated reference. I'm sure he lowered it to a more respectable number like 22 with his 3 fouls in 10 minutes tonight.

Last edited by tcat075; 03-06-2011 at 10:19 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #13
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

All I can think of is Golden State

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #14
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

peja got more minutes than brewer..smh..
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Still can't believe the two final shots that Memphis hit. That was pretty freaking lucky.

Oh well, this is why you have to appreciate a streak where you win 18 out of 19. It's hard to do. This is also why I said during the Laker game that it's pretty unrealistic to think you can catch the Spurs. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Shawn Marion has got to pass to the open wings on the second to last possession of the game (not counting the one with .3 on the clock). He threw up some absolute trash and Kidd AND Jet were wide open behind the three line. Very disappointing. I love Shawn and I love the way he's been playing but he has to be smarter than that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Marion commits mindnumbing turnovers, Kidd pretends to be Brett Favre for a day, RC keeps them in during crunch time. Memphis lived in the paint, got O rebound after O rebound, and most of the bounces went their way.

If i'm a Memphis fan i'm begging to play Dallas in the first round, why can't we ever impose our will on a team and dominate them? If this was in Memphis then i'd forgive it but this is our home court. There's not one team at the bottom of the west that i'm even 90% sure we could beat, everyone scares me like always.

We'll never get respect this way.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
Marion commits mindnumbing turnovers, Kidd pretends to be Brett Favre for a day, RC keeps them in during crunch time. Memphis lived in the paint, got O rebound after O rebound, and most of the bounces went their way.

If i'm a Memphis fan i'm begging to play Dallas in the first round, why can't we ever impose our will on a team and dominate them? If this was in Memphis then i'd forgive it but this is our home court. There's not one team at the bottom of the west that i'm even 90% sure we could beat, everyone scares me like always.

seriously?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
They played the three guard lineup for about a minute and a half in the fourth. I would have liked to see Roddy play those minutes instead of JJ, based on how well he played in the first half.

But it's not a huge deal.
Yeah, but how much have we done the three guard lineup with Roddy specifically as a part? That was the point I was trying to make. We've done Kidd-JET-Barea quite a bit so I think Carlisle trusts the chemistry there.

It might have been something to try, but I can understand if Carlisle doesn't want to experiment during a close game like this. And it's not like Barea was playing all that bad himself up until that point.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #20
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

It seemed like every possible bounce went the way of the geographically-puzzling Grizzlies tonight. The bounce-bank three, the Marion goaltend, the batted passes/turnovers that became easy buckets...

I really wish that Dirk had pulled up from the freethrow line with the mismatch late in the game when he decided to hit Marion for the 8-foot flip.

Marion from 3 feet with the flip? Good.

Marion from 8 feet with the flip? Awful.

The two consecutive entry passes that were stolen after good defensive possessions in the 4th really hurt, not to mention giving up 41 points in the 3rd quarter.

Hopefully the Mavs will learn that you cannot play with your food when your food is a playoff-caliber team.

And hopefully Peja can use a GPS to find out where the hell his shot has gone.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #21
clutch#41
Golden Member

what pisses me off the most about this game.. is that we could have gained a game on the spurs!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #22
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
seriously?
PGT after a loss = overreaction central.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Shawn Marion has got to pass to the open wings on the second to last possession of the game (not counting the one with .3 on the clock). He threw up some absolute trash and Kidd AND Jet were wide open behind the three line. Very disappointing. I love Shawn and I love the way he's been playing but he has to be smarter than that.
Because offense was the problem...
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post

You realize you're complaining about ORebounds and then advocating benching the guy that led us in rebounds by a mile?

Speaking of rebounds...this is one of those games where Dirk not rebounding really, really hurts.

As far as being concerned about the first round matchup...meh...whatever. The Mavs destroyed Memphis for an entire half of basketball and then let up. While it's very frustrating that they let up (I'm pretty pissed about it actually), I wouldn't say I'm all that scared of playing them in the playoffs.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #25
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
what pisses me off the most about this game.. is that we could have gained a game on the spurs!!!
forget about the spurs. lakers are now just 1 game behind us, and they don't look like they're losing any time soon.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #26
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

OffEff: 112.71
DefEff: 116.06

First half efficiency on defense was around 85! There is no excuse in my eyes. Completely speechless about the fact that a brilliant first half turns into a third quarter like that. If I was Haywood I would be really pissed. He worked hard on defense, but Memphis converted virtually every block into a basket. Kidd got Memphis started in the third quarter in my eyes. He had at least 3 consecutive passes that led to turnovers.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Can't wait to have TC back to clog the lanes again.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #28
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
So..what...this is you passively aggressively coming after my comments on Roddy's minutes?

Are you able to understand the distinction between "player x needs to do this better" and "this specific thing is the reason we lost this game"?

Seems pretty clear no?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #29
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
popeye? really. did u watch the game?? this was the 2nd to last possesion of the game when u need offense!! idiot in my napolean dynamite voice lol
Old 03-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #30
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, if our defense had played a little better, we'd have won. But if our offense had played better, even though it played pretty well, we would also have won. Its pretty simple. Marion kicking to a wide open, clutch Kidd or Terry helps the offense. After losses, you find and point out problems. There were a lot more with the defense, but this is one of the offensive problems jthig is pointing out.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #31
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
You realize you're complaining about ORebounds and then advocating benching the guy that led us in rebounds by a mile?

Speaking of rebounds...this is one of those games where Dirk not rebounding really, really hurts.

As far as being concerned about the first round matchup...meh...whatever. The Mavs destroyed Memphis for an entire half of basketball and then let up. While it's very frustrating that they let up (I'm pretty pissed about it actually), I wouldn't say I'm all that scared of playing them in the playoffs.
Yeah, as much as I want to bag on Marion, he's the one guy tonight who really gave us anything on the boards. It would have been pretty ugly without him in there.

That being said, he had a rough night in pretty much all other phases of the game.

I agree about not getting worried about facing Memphis . Considering the players we've been missing when playing them, I'd say their record head-to-head is kind of fool's gold right now. It's not a great matchup, but I get the feeling that we are going to start hearing the media overreact about this being another Warriors matchup.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #32
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from the game...my observations....

-Haywood didn't play well until later in the second half. What is is going to motivate him for a whole game?

-Peja was awful. Absolutely didn't deserve 1 minute in this game. If this doesn't lose him the starting job then nothing will.

-Roddy does need more minutes, but the issue is that he and Terry essentially provide the same thing...all offense and no anything else really. The 2 guards and JJ really aren't the issue though.

-Ian wasn't good. Picked up some really dumb fouls.

-Thought Brewer was a small bright spot since he has been a Maverick for a few days. He was a helluva lot better than Blowakovic.

I'm sure there will be a lot of knee-jerkin and rightfully so. What happens if we meet them in the first round? Ugh...

-

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #33
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

well.. that was a stinker.. we just dont have the energy guy that hustles for rebounds on our team. all our rebounds come from positioning and boxing out. Marion and haywood both have about as much vertical lift as a steamroller. We dont hustle for boards and thats exactly what the grizzlies do and why they are such a problem for us.

it sure didnt help that mahinmi picked up 6 fouls in 9 minutes and haywood had to play 39 minutes.

memphis scored on what... 19 out of 23 posessions in the 3rd quarter? thats just really bad defense but they have their strangth where we have our weakness. points in the paint and offensive rebounding.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I think Peja has to get a quicker hook when he's playing as poorly as he did tonight. And I think he will, too. Rick got him out of there earlier tonight than ever.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I just noticed that Ian didn't pick up a single rebound in his nine minutes. That is just not going to work.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #36
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Yeah, Mahinmi's rebounding has really tailed off here lately.

Although in fairness to him, that one tip in by Marion really should have have gone to him. But still a bad night on the boards.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 03-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #37
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you able to understand the distinction between "player x needs to do this better" and "this specific thing is the reason we lost this game"?

Seems pretty clear no?
I'm not speaking for him, but given the context, I'm not sure I'm able to draw the distinction. How do you see the distinction in your mind?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So..what...this is you passively aggressively coming after my comments on Roddy's minutes?

Seems pretty clear no?
I'm pointing out that your posts were inconsistent. I didn't realize I was being passive aggressive about it. You said Roddy's offense wouldn't have helped because that wasn't the problem, and then in the next post you point to an offensive possession as the reason we lost.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #39
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think Peja has to get a quicker hook when he's playing as poorly as he did tonight. And I think he will, too. Rick got him out of there earlier tonight than ever.
Agree. His shooting will come around, but until then, he doesn't really do anything else. He can start while getting just 9-10 minutes a night if he's playing poorly.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I'm pointing out that your posts were inconsistent. I didn't realize I was being passive aggressive about it. You said Roddy's offense wouldn't have helped because that wasn't the problem, and then in the next post you point to an offensive possession as the reason we lost.
Roddy's offense would have come at the expense of Jet's, so no, I don't think it would have helped.

And the poster that I was responding to was pushing the notion that Roddy not playing was THE reason we lost, instead of A reason.

And I did not say that Marion's poor play was the reason we lost.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game