Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT - Mavs toy with Golden State for their own amusement

Dirk with 34 points on 10-22 shooting (2-3 3P, 12-12 FT), 13 rebounds (6 offensive), 2 assists and a block in 35 minutes... BAMF!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's 6 offensive rebounds mark a new season-high in that category. The previous high of 5 was against DET on 11/23/10. Mavs won that game 88-84.

This season, the Mavs are now 7-3 when Dirk drops at least 30 points in a game.

Mavs are currently a perfect 11-0 when Nowitzki attempts 10-plus free throws in a game.

You have to go back to 12/6/08-12/11/08 to find three consecutive double-doubles in the regular season for Nowitzki.

18 points marks a new season-high in points for Beaubois.

Kidd's bucket was his first since the 8:29 mark of the 3rd quarter of the Lakers game.

Mavs are 14-1 when at least 6 guys record 10-plus points in a game.

Mavs are currently 37-4 when they score at least 100 points.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

runner up player of the game....RoddyB!!!

Go Mavs!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Dirk.

Roddy is finally being Roddy.

Lol @ GSW.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

we fought the law and.... dirk won

6 players in double digits.

was excited to see more brewer tonight... but oh well
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

For once, no bitching about minute dist. between Roddy and Jet. Only tonight though. No way we go that small for long stretches.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

WE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #8
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Dirk's 6 offensive rebounds mark a new season-high in that category. The previous high of 5 was against DET on 11/23/10. Mavs won that game 88-84.

This season, the Mavs are now 7-3 when Dirk drops at least 30 points in a game.

Mavs are currently a perfect 11-0 when Nowitzki attempts 10-plus free throws in a game.

You have to go back to 12/6/08-12/11/08 to find three consecutive double-doubles in the regular season for Nowitzki.

18 points marks a new season-high in points for Beaubois.

Kidd's bucket was his first since the 8:29 mark of the 3rd quarter of the Lakers game.

Mavs are 14-1 when at least 6 guys record 10-plus points in a game.

Mavs are currently 37-4 when they score at least 100 points.
Don't forget, Roddy played a season and career high 37 minutes tonight.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

OffEff: 121.2
DefEff: 114.8

Somehow found our D in the second half, but we continue to struggle on the defensive end throughout the whole 48 minutes.
Roddy was outstanding defending Ellis.
I feel sorry for Brewer. He got his first start and was part of the Mavericks Unit that got overrun by the Warriors. Never had a chance tonight.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #10
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Helluva game by Roddy
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Turned out to be a really fun game to watch. Really enjoyed seeing Roddy get extended minutes and playing very well on both sides of the court. Not really sure what you can glean from this moving forward, as it is pretty much a perfect match up for him, but I imagine that's a nice boost of confidence for him if nothing else. He even got to run point for a minute or two.

Dirk was a man-beast and I'm very encouraged by his little rebounding streak. Just doing tonight wouldn't really mean much as Golden State is a terrible rebounding team, but he's been trending upward for several games now. Very nice.

The usual suspects played well, and Kidd still can't hit the broad side of a barn. Very concerned by that.

Corey...yikes. I'd still like to see him get minutes but I'm going to shut up about it for a while based on tonight. He could not possibly have been worse in those few minutes he played.

I'm curious to see what Rick decides to do with the lineup Friday night. Haywood better be back by then.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #12
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

NASA calibrates the flaws in a planetary body's solar gravitation by comparing it to Dirk's jumpshot.

Last edited by ribosoma; 03-17-2011 at 12:16 AM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Don't forget, Roddy played a season and career high 37 minutes tonight.
He EARNED every minute.

That's how Carlisle rolls...

Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Okay, I am just happy that I decided not to go to bed after work. It's 7.15 AM here in Finland, I haven't slept a single minute yet. But damn, it was f*cking worth to watch this show by Dirk! Btw, Dirk's FT-streak is now at 53. After the game against the Pacers he made 52 consecutive. In that game against Indiana he was 9-10, missing his 9th, but converting his 10th.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #15
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

great job!!!
Go Mavs!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #16
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
NASA calibrates the flaws in a planetary body's solar gravitation by comparing it to Dirk's jumpshot.
I heard he sh!ts life-sustaining planets too!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #17
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Props to the Mavs for not giving up, Dirk did his thing and Roddy also.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #18
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Dirk was a man-beast and I'm very encouraged by his little rebounding streak. Just doing tonight wouldn't really mean much as Golden State is a terrible rebounding team, but he's been trending upward for several games now. Very nice.
43 rebounds in 4 games...

BEAST-MODE!!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #19
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Nice win Mavs.

Dirk was spectacular. Roddy played his best game in a long long time. His decisions were great and his defense was impressive. Thank you Carlisle for rewarding him with minutes. He really deserved it tonight.

Well, it's almost 1:30am here and I have to wake up for work in a few hours. But the good guys won so it was worth it.

Go Mavs!!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #20
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Barea made Acie Law look like Oscar Robertson tonight. Need a season or career high? Be an average bench point guard when they play the Mavs. Barea's indecisiveness on the pick-and-roll was staggering. If he can't go left, he'll wheel around and kill five seconds off the shot clock every time you send a big out his way.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 AM   #21
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk with three straight 20/10 + games.

43 rebounds in his past 4 games. Where are all the rebound complainers? Same place as those concerned about his FT shooting I guess.

Roddy played fantastic. Easily his best game of the year and his defense was very good. Nice to see him finally play in the 4th. Hope RC takes note.

Terry was great.

Marion continues to play very well.

Cardinal continues to be worthless.

JJB continues to be a massive liability. As much as I loathe him, I gave him his props in his good stretch, but he's reverted, and this is what I feared. Regardless of how he plays, RC WILL play him consistently. It's mind boggling, and I say this only half-joking...JJB has dirt on RC. Honestly, it's pretty inexplicable. RC has such a short lease with everyone except JJB, who seems to have carte blanche to screw up. We will not win in the playoffs if he continues to play 15 + MPG. I think we need to play Jet at the PG some, because JJB isn't cutting it.

Kidd continues to play poorly. 37% from the field and 36% from three. He just cannot score, and his three-point shot has been broke all year. He's also been making some uncharacteristic turnovers lately.

Chandler had a pretty good game, but I maintain his defense has been disappointing for a while now. Could be the ankle injury, but it's disconcerting. His rebounding has been down for the last week or two as well.

Brewer was lousy in his start...but he didn't get a chance to redeem himself. I don't know why RC started him, I really just want to see him off the bench to spell Marion.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #22
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post

43 rebounds in his past 4 games. Where are all the rebound complainers? Same place as those concerned about his FT shooting I guess.

Roddy played fantastic. Easily his best game of the year and his defense was very good. Nice to see him finally play in the 4th. Hope RC takes note.

Terry was great.

JJB continues to be a massive liability. As much as I loathe him, I gave him his props in his good stretch, but he's reverted, and this is what I feared. Regardless of how he plays, RC WILL play him consistently. It's mind boggling, and I say this only half-joking...JJB has dirt on RC. Honestly, it's pretty inexplicable. RC has such a short lease with everyone except JJB, who seems to have carte blanche to screw up. We will not win in the playoffs if he continues to play 15 + MPG. I think we need to play Jet at the PG some, because JJB isn't cutting it.

Kidd continues to play poorly. 37% from the field and 36% from three. He just cannot score, and his three-point shot has been broke all year. He's also been making some uncharacteristic turnovers lately.

Chandler had a pretty good game, but I maintain his defense has been disappointing for a while now. Could be the ankle injury, but it's disconcerting. His rebounding has been down for the last week or two as well.

Brewer was lousy in his start...but he didn't get a chance to redeem himself. I don't know why RC started him, I really just want to see him off the bench to spell Marion.

Rick did give Roddy a few point minutes in the fourth though. Maybe that bodes well for JJ's minutes in the future?
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #23
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys (especially bench players) have good and bad stretches. JJB certainly wasn't any worse than jkiddo tonight. JJB still shooting it well...I'm okay with him...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #24
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Terry was great.

good analysis. and yeah i think kidd needs some time off before the playoffs. call me an idiot but i think a week or 2 of rest is just what he needs. he seems worn out already and has had some rare turnovers lately. some in critical situations.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #25
Underdog

Quote:
He's doing his best Kevin Love impression...

Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a confusing thing here. His rebounding being down has hurt the team, and it was a concern. Why the derision for people concerned about his rebounding?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #27
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Guys (especially bench players) have good and bad stretches. JJB certainly wasn't any worse than jkiddo tonight. JJB still shooting it well...I'm okay with him...
Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
Carlisle doesn't have to take note - he MADE note...

Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #29
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was way worse because he was a massive defensive liability. Acie Law was using him like a jock strap. Not only that, but he was lost on offense. Driving into the trees and getting blocked, burning the shot clock and dumping it off on guys. 2 turnovers, but he could have easily had 5 if you count the aforementioned grievances. He can't run the offense.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #30
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This is a confusing thing here. His rebounding being down has hurt the team, and it was a concern. Why the derision for people concerned about his rebounding?
No derision...I simply mean that I haven't heard the same complainers (yourself excluded) give credit now that he's been rebounding like crazy.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #31
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Carlisle doesn't have to take note - he MADE note...
True, Roddy surely made it easier for RC. But also, Roddy played well in the 4th once given minutes. My point being, I hope next time Roddy plays well early on, RC will trust him enough to play him in the 4th.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
No derision...I simply mean that I haven't heard the same complainers (yourself excluded) give credit now that he's been rebounding like crazy.
Ah, fair enough.

Everyone's been too consumed by Carlisle talk to notice Dirk's rebounding I guess.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #33
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to step up for JJB tonight. His hot days seem to be over and he wasn't brilliant at times, but made up for it with some nice offensive moves.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #34
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was way worse because he was a massive defensive liability. Acie Law was using him like a jock strap. Not only that, but he was lost on offense. Driving into the trees and getting blocked, burning the shot clock and dumping it off on guys. 2 turnovers, but he could have easily had 5 if you count the aforementioned grievances. He can't run the offense.
Must have gotten blocked all of 4 times since he was 4-8...typical crap from kneejerkers.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #35
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
True, Roddy surely made it easier for RC. But also, Roddy played well in the 4th once given minutes. My point being, I hope next time Roddy plays well early on, RC will trust him enough to play him in the 4th.
I'll be very curious to see how this works against a real team. Friday should be a chance to see it, assuming Roddy plays well.

Obviously he's not get 37 minutes against any real team, but I am curious to see if he starts to take 3 or 4 minutes of fourth quarter action from Jet or JJB.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #36
Underdog

Quote:
Exactly...

(although how could he? word on the street is that Carlisle is a bad coach!)

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #37
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I'd like to step up for JJB tonight. His hot days seem to be over and he wasn't brilliant at times, but made up for it with some nice offensive moves.
I'm sorry, but 10 points on 8 shots does not counteract the pathetic defense and poor job of running the offense he did. Not even close.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 AM   #38
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That is a pretty sad commentary.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That is a pretty sad commentary.
Or solid, depending on your perspective.

(it's been a long time, but he's doing it NOW...)

Last edited by Underdog; 03-17-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #40
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Must have gotten blocked all of 4 times since he was 4-8...typical crap from kneejerkers.
I think we should all try to find some middle ground on this. JJB has not reverted to his early season form, but he is certainly having trouble running the offense lately, and he was really awful defensively tonight.

If Roddy continues to play better I think you have to start looking at giving Jet some minutes at PG. I'm not ready to make the decision yet, Roddy has been too up and down. But if he starts to show some consistency over the next week or two, I give some thought to giving Jet and Roddy minutes together at the expense of JJB.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game