Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default What DIRK thinks..........

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...2011-12-roster

.....some of Dirk's thoughts on what is going on with the free agency and players leaving. I think he sounds confident and I love his comment about maybe he should have taken even less..it could almost be a little hot at Tyson for demanding soo much.

I for one agree and i believe that the players we have can compete for a title even though it mite be a little harder tHis time around. GOO MAVS
Old 12-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Nice, confidence in our brass. I mean you add Billups, Turiaf to this roster, sign a Redd/Foster, no reason we can't compete.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

"I guess I didn't take less enough," Nowitzki said with a chuckle, referring to the free-agent deal he signed he signed last offseason for $80 million -- $16 million below the maximum he could have received. "I still got a decent deal out of it so maybe it wasn't enough cutback."

------------

Definitely seems like a dig at Tyson, imo.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

dirk is pretty much part owner of this team, so if he is happy than i am too
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
"I guess I didn't take less enough," Nowitzki said with a chuckle, referring to the free-agent deal he signed he signed last offseason for $80 million -- $16 million below the maximum he could have received. "I still got a decent deal out of it so maybe it wasn't enough cutback."

------------

I would disagree.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Yeah I don't see how Dirk taking a hometown discount has anything to do with Tyson not taking less money. It isn't a "hometown" discount for Tyson, he played one year here. That'd be like expecting Paul to take a hometown discount for whichever team trades for him this off-season.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk sounds like he's just being the good soldier he is. He didn't say anything publicly until the end of the year with the cluster that the twans' were either.

I can't believe he's Not as confounded by the front office as I am.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-08-2011 at 06:14 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I can't believe he's as confounded by the front office as I am.
That's because you possess 1% of Dirk's knowledge about what's really going on...

Dirk & Cubes have had a long time to talk scenarios - I guarantee the front office isn't doing anything without the NBA Finals MVP's approval.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
That's because you possess 1% of Dirk's knowledge about what's really going on...

Dirk & Cubes have had a long time to talk scenarios - I guarantee the front office isn't doing anything without the NBA Finals MVP's approval.
I keep hearing this but I just do not believe it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I keep hearing this but I just do not believe it.
After we just won a ring, really?

You're a spoiled brat.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
After we just won a ring, really?

You're a spoiled brat.
Funny.... Yea I don't think dirk is nearly as tied in as others think he is.

And this spoiled brat has 12 years worth of season tickets, so i sorta feel entitled to vent when I see the best team we've ever had dismantled.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-08-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
Underdog

Quote:
And this spoiled brat has 12 years worth of season tickets, so i sorta feel entitled to vent when I see the best team we've ever had dismantled.
And after 12 years of loyal fandom, the Mavericks rewarded you with their first NBA title in franchise history - you're not ENTITLED to anything more than that.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
And after 12 years of loyal fandom, the Mavericks rewarded you with their first NBA title in franchise history - you're not ENTITLED to anything more than that.
Sure I am, I'm entitled to vent my brains out if I want.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #14
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:

------------

Sounds more like a dig at Cuban, imo.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Sounds more like a dig at Cuban, imo.
I don't really agree with Cad that it's a dig at Tyson, but there is absolutely nothing about that quote that could be construed as a dig at Cuban.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

It's just dirk deflecting the question.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I don't really agree with Cad that it's a dig at Tyson, but there is absolutely nothing about that quote that could be construed as a dig at Cuban.
Umm, yeah, sure there is... I don't think he is taking a shot at Cuban..but I can definitely see how someone could take it that way.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Umm, yeah, sure there is... I don't think he is taking a shot at Cuban..but I can definitely see how someone could take it that way.
Dirk jokingly said "I should have taken less" --> Dirk seriously meant "I should have taken less" --> Dirk is saying "If I had just taken less, then Cuban wouldn't have to be so cheap now"?

Yeah, that's definitely a legitimate and reasonable reading of Dirk's comment. You're right.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-08-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Even Dirk admitted he didn't think we'd win the championship so soon. I'm convinced Cuban sold him on 2012 and that has been the plan all along. No reason to get off track now.

Is anyone else aware of the new extend provision that allows players to renegotiate their contract to a lesser amount over more years? If anyone would be willing to do that to help Dallas land two superstars in 2012, it would be Dirk.

After reading these comments, I'm more excited than ever to see what's going to happen next offseason ... as long as LA doesn't acquire Dwight in a trade.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #20
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I would disagree.
That's the great thing about opinions.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny.... Yea I don't think dirk is nearly as tied in as others think he is.

I've been a season ticket holder since Reunion as well...you don't see my crying every post.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #22
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I've been a season ticket holder since Reunion as well...you don't see my crying every post.
Allah loves wondrous variety.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

What Dirk said was not a Dig on anyone, it's not how Dirk does things. Dirk is a jokester and that's what I took it as.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
What Dirk said was not a Dig on anyone, it's not how Dirk does things. Dirk is a jokester and that's what I took it as.
Thank you.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Thanks for clarifying, Dirk. Oh wait...you aren't him, so you don't really know. It's just speculating either way. Yes, he's a jokester, but he also has feelings about things. Like when he said Cuban needed to chill-out with the on-court owner role. He said it in a joking manner, but he meant it too.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

No reason not to put full confidence in Donnie and Cubes.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
LonghornDub

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying, Dirk. Oh wait...you aren't him, so you don't really know. It's just speculating either way. Yes, he's a jokester, but he also has feelings about things. Like when he said Cuban needed to chill-out with the on-court owner role. He said it in a joking manner, but he meant it too.
All we do here is speculate.

And I don't think Dirk was joking about that Cuban thing, actually. He was pretty serious. This is markedly different.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #28
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I happen to know for a fact that SMC0007 *is* Dirk, and I will therefore be trusting his interpretation of his own statement.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's taking it too far.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #30
MavsFanTillDeath

MavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the roughMavsFanTillDeath is a jewel in the rough

Damn, I'm going to miss Tyson, D-Steve, JJ and Caron
MavsFanTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #31
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
All we do here is speculate.

And I don't think Dirk was joking about that Cuban thing, actually. He was pretty serious. This is markedly different.
Actually, several times when he said it, he said it in a joking manner, even though he meant it. I recall an interview where he laughed when discussing it (just like he allegedly did in the interview above). That doesn't mean he didn't mean it. It's not markedly different.

Last edited by CadBane; 12-08-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #32
LonghornDub

Quote:
Actually, several times when he said it, he said it in a joking manner, even though he meant it. I recall an interview where he laughed when discussing it (just like he allegedly did in the interview above). That doesn't mean he didn't mean it. It's not markedly different.
I disagree, it is markedly different, because of both the context of the statements and what they're alluding to. His statement about Cuban was referring to a future course of conduct that could feasibly be changed (i.e., Cuban shuts up); his statement about the FAs is about something that obviously isn't going to change. Dirk's not scared to go on the record if he thinks something needs to be done differently, but this isn't that type of comment. Tyson's not changing his mind, and Dirk wouldn't make that type of comment in a serious manner if there wasn't some beneficial future change that could come from it. He's not one to be snide just for the sake of it.

So, again, I think it's clear that he was entirely joking. Speculation? Sure, I guess. But if we're gonna take that off the board, we may as well not post.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-08-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #33
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 12-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #34
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagree, it is markedly different, because of both the context of the statements and what they're alluding to. His statement about Cuban was referring to a future course of conduct that could feasibly be changed (i.e., Cuban shuts up); his statement about the FAs is about something that obviously isn't going to change. Dirk's not scared to go on the record if he thinks something needs to be done differently, but this isn't that type of comment. Tyson's not changing his mind, and Dirk wouldn't make that type of comment in a serious manner if there wasn't some beneficial future change that could come from it. He's not one to be snide just for the sake of it.

So, again, I think it's clear that he was entirely joking. Speculation? Sure, I guess. But if we're gonna take that off the board, we may as well not post.
Yeah, I'm with Dub here. I think it's highly against Dirk's nature to take a potshot at another player who is leaving the team. The Cuban situation was different because it was more along the lines of constructive criticism for a fellow co-worker. This would just be a cheap shot at someone who was getting a better offer to go elsewhere. That doesn't strike me as something that Dirk would do.

Also, let the record show that I did go to school with the man whose house Dirk would later live in. So I don't think I even need to emphasize how much importance that adds to my opinion.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #35
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

lol ^^
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #36
CadBane
Banned

Quote:

Why would him taking a slight jab or offense to Tyson's decision have to have an impact on Tyson staying or leaving? The two don't have to be related. Not at all. I'm sure he knows Tyson is gone...that's my point. I don't think he's thrilled at Tyson's decision to make more money elsewhere. Sure, it's a business, but Dirk is a guy who doesn't take money into account like some do. I think him saying that is his way of sort of saying "Hey, I thought Tyson might stay for less...maybe I would have taken less if I knew he needed that much money" or something to that effect. That's how I see it.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

Where's Grubes at?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
LonghornDub

Quote:
Why would him taking a slight jab or offense to Tyson's decision have to have an impact on Tyson staying or leaving? The two don't have to be related. Not at all. I'm sure he knows Tyson is gone...that's my point. I don't think he's thrilled at Tyson's decision to make more money elsewhere. Sure, it's a business, but Dirk is a guy who doesn't take money into account like some do. I think him saying that is his way of sort of saying "Hey, I thought Tyson might stay for less...maybe I would have taken less if I knew he needed that much money" or something to that effect. That's how I see it.
Because I don't think Dirk would take a "jab" at others (especially former teammates) in anything but an entirely joking manner. The only scenario where I think there'd be an element of seriousness is the one I and FIN described above--constructive criticism for a current co-worker, mixed with an element of humor.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #39
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

im with dude. i think whether the original plan was for 2012 all along or not, what was stumbled upon should garner at least a little effort to maintain it.

losing jj will be a tough one, maybe tougher than losing tyson.

who was the last player we had that made his way to the basket with the consistency jj did?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #40
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Because I don't think Dirk would take a "jab" at others (especially former teammates) in anything but an entirely joking manner. The only scenario where I think there'd be an element of seriousness is the one I and FIN described above--constructive criticism for a current co-worker, mixed with an element of humor.
Maybe not a "jab", necessarily. Perhaps "slighted". I genuinely think before the off-season, Dirk thought Tyson wanted to stay here, and would stay here for less than it could get elsewhere. Once he saw that Tyson really had no interest in re-signing here, yeah, I do think Dirk felt a little bemused over that.