Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all
Default Stevenson to Nets on 1-year deal for $2.5

Now can someone please explain to me why we did not re-sign this guy?

Does management/coaches have something against him? After all, the players had to beg RC, twice!, to put him in the starting lineup.

Good luck with us guarding Kobe, Ginobli, Mayo, Wade, Harden, etc.

Love the Simmons quote:

"DeShawn Stevenson (the LeBron stopper!) ... . If the Celtics don't sign DeShawn soon, I'm throwing a tantrum. The only thing that stops LeBron better than DeShawn Stevenson is the fourth quarter."

Last edited by Wang Zhi Zhi; 12-22-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Wang Zhi Zhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

It's cause our front office is a bunch of hacks. They'll never win a championship.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The initial thought I have might not make logical sense but it's still the first thing that comes to mind.
I think the agent looks at this for what's potentially in the best interest of Stevenson. I'm guessing, just guessing, that this is actually just more money that goes Stevenson's way versus what could have come from Dallas. The other thing I look at it is the fact that both offers would likely be a one year deal. Based on what's around the SG position in Dallas and what's there in NJ, I'd be willing to say that they think NJ provides more of an opportunity for Stevenson to thrive and do so on a consistent basis.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I really would've loved to see DeShawn back as well... but with us picking up Vince, hanging onto Terry, and also having Roddy and Dojo on the roster, there just aren't going to be minutes for him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
The initial thought I have might not make logical sense but it's still the first thing that comes to mind.
I think the agent looks at this for what's potentially in the best interest of Stevenson. I'm guessing, just guessing, that this is actually just more money that goes Stevenson's way versus what could have come from Dallas. The other thing I look at it is the fact that both offers would likely be a one year deal. Based on what's around the SG position in Dallas and what's there in NJ, I'd be willing to say that they think NJ provides more of an opportunity for Stevenson to thrive and do so on a consistent basis.
I think you're right on about this. It's less about the money then it is setting up another payday via more PT.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Will miss his defensive grit and attitude.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I still wonder why we let wang zhi zhi walk.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

Last edited by mac222b; 12-22-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I still wonder why we let wang zhi zhi walk.
Because Dallas Mavericks loss is Dallas-Mavs.com Forums gain. Thats why
Old 12-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
I believe GM Nelson told Mike Fisher they no longer wanted his services. They felt Deshawn had health (back/knee) issues.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
Wang Zhi Zhi

Wang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to allWang Zhi Zhi is a name known to all

Quote:
good thoughts. I guess, however, my more specific question would be, why did they go with Vince Carter instead of D-Steve? I agree that once VC was signed, DS had no real good role. But wouldn't you rather have Stevenson than Vince, especially for less money and a 1-year deal?

He shot the 3-ball better than Vince last year, and plays 10x better defense, and is obviously well-liked/respected by the teamates.

Something just seems off here.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is also missing the big picture - This now means Stevenson is being coached by Avery Johnson....

That's hilarious.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
good thoughts. I guess, however, my more specific question would be, why did they go with Vince Carter instead of D-Steve? I agree that once VC was signed, DS had no real good role. But wouldn't you rather have Stevenson than Vince, especially for less money and a 1-year deal?

He shot the 3-ball better than Vince last year, and plays 10x better defense, and is obviously well-liked/respected by the teamates.

Something just seems off here.
That would play off the theory that was mentioned above, they don't think he's completely healthy in some form or fashion.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Way to go GM Nelson.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 12-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Way to go GM Nelson.
Yeah, we'll never win a ring with that guy running the front office!

EDIT: just noticed LDub said the same thing up top - I guess great minds don't think like Wang Zhi Zhi or mavsfan1000...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-22-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everyone is also missing the big picture - This now means Stevenson is being coached by Avery Johnson....

That's hilarious.
Oh my goodness.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I
guess
our
F.O.
Will
Never
Get
anything
Right!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #18
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

he got overpaid
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I'd rather have Stevenson for one year than VC for three years. Just sayin'
Old 12-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
Wang Zhi Zhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It's cause our front office is a bunch of hacks. They'll never win a championship.
My mistake. Thanks for bringing thoughtful insight and analysis to this interesting player personnel decision, which is exactly what the point of an internet DISCUSSION board is.

So what are your thoughts on the pro's and con's of letting Tyson go? "Our front office rules!"

Think they should have made a stronger push for Dalembert? "Go Mavs!"

How will Lamar fit in playing Dirk's position? "Rick Carlise is the best!"

You should send some of your analysis to Simmons. He'll be VERY impressed.

I love the mavs. Go Mavs. We will go 66-0 and Fo, Fo, Fo this year. Go Mavs! I love the Mavs!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #21
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

It's cause him and Delonte on one team is too much crazy for us to handle.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #22
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I think you're right on about this. It's less about the money then it is setting up another payday via more PT.
If you don't have your pay day by the time you are 30, you probably aren't getting it.

It is hard to disagree with a FO that just delivered a ring, but I don't get this. Would 2.5M put us over some threshold that would limit our ability to trade during the season? If this is the case, I'm on board.

Stevenson may not be 100% healthy and maybe he never will be again, but whatever % he was at during the PO run is good enough for me.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #23
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Damm I wish we had a way to keep this guy. But NJ will be a good place for him to keep playing well and get playing time.

Last edited by AO41; 12-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

BREAKING NEWS: NJ guard Stevenson beats the shit out of coach AJ because AJ wanted to tell him how to play D and was on riding him non stop.

** This is OK though because it ill give Williams a Stevenson a year to play together before they both come back to DALLAS
Old 12-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #25
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

People are going overboard a bit on this. DeShawn was removed from the rotation half way during the season because he was atrocious after his hot start.

During the playoffs, our initial rotation with him as the SG often left the Mavs in a hole and with a negative +/- as Hollinger often reported. That was the reason that the team switched to Barea as the SG during the Finals.

It was the same during the Lakers series as well, but because we simply killed them with our amazing Kidd-Terry-Marion-Dirk-Chandler lineup it became an afterthought. And his defense on Kobe was not very good.

He played ok defense during the OKC series, but mostly on Durant which he could push around a bit, Westbrook was too quick for him.

In the Finals he got hot for a bit and hit some three pointers on offense. But his real value really was in giving Marion-Dirk a breather as the third forward, not as a guard anymore. He pretty much replaced Peja who had replaced Caron in the rotation.

So where does that leave us now? Our Dirk-Marion-Odom rotation with the 3 and 4 spot is all but sealed and way better than anything Deshawn could provide.
He can't guard fast guards anymore, and with Kidd-Marion-Odom we should be set for the bigger guards/forwards. And other than his initial two months and two weeks in the finals his jumper had all but left him.

The hope from the FO is clear. Carter is going to provide the extra punch on offense that we got from DeShawn and Peja in 20 minutes a game. Odom should be an upgrade to our forward rotation. Roddy will get opportunity to stick with the quicker guards and provide a bit of what Barea did on offense. If not Delonte should provide better defense and still some scoring. I am sure the stats suggest that we can recover all the contributions from those who left with the new guys.

Chandler is obviously the big question, and I want to see what they are going to do with that because it won't be easy replacing him. Having said that, his $15mil per year is wayyyy over priced with the new CBA.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #26
AO41
Platinum Member

LOL at the above post...I dont care what the numbers say...but if you watched the playoffs there was no way that you couldnt see how well Stevenson did....mostly on D.

IMO Kidd, Marion, and Stevenson...probably had one of the best D performances combined that I have ever seen. They all guarded guys like Kebe, KD, Westbrook, LBJ, and Wade...and it was AMAZING TO WATCH
Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #27
endrity
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
LOL at the above post...I dont care what the numbers say...but if you watched the playoffs there was no way that you couldnt see how well Stevenson did....mostly on D.

IMO Kidd, Marion, and Stevenson...probably had one of the best D performances combined that I have ever seen. They all guarded guys like Kebe, KD, Westbrook, LBJ, and Wade...and it was AMAZING TO WATCH
Well if you are a FO you sure care about what the numbers say.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
AO41
Platinum Member

Its not all in the numbers......especially with guys like Kidd, Marion, and Stevenson and we all know that. We will be OK, but there are some players that bring that IT..thats hard to replaxces and Stevenson was one of them. He tried hard and didnt care about much else.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #29
endrity
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Its not all in the numbers......especially with guys like Kidd, Marion, and Stevenson and we all know that. We will be OK, but there are some players that bring that IT..thats hard to replaxces and Stevenson was one of them. He tried hard and didnt care about much else.
Yeah I don't believe in the "IT", Dirk didn't have the "it" for a long time according to many "experts" and then he suddenly did. Cuban has invested a lot in his stats office, I am sure they know what they are doing there on replacing guys like Deshawn.

Chandler is probably the one decision that they struggled with and their large, one year 20 mil contract, offer clearly shows that.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #30
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wang Zhi Zhi View Post
My mistake. Thanks for bringing thoughtful insight and analysis to this interesting player personnel decision, which is exactly what the point of an internet DISCUSSION board is.

So what are your thoughts on the pro's and con's of letting Tyson go? "Our front office rules!"

Think they should have made a stronger push for Dalembert? "Go Mavs!"

How will Lamar fit in playing Dirk's position? "Rick Carlise is the best!"

You should send some of your analysis to Simmons. He'll be VERY impressed.

I love the mavs. Go Mavs. We will go 66-0 and Fo, Fo, Fo this year. Go Mavs! I love the Mavs!
Well, at least you know how to not overreact. So you've got that going for you.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #31
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
If you don't have your pay day by the time you are 30, you probably aren't getting it.

It is hard to disagree with a FO that just delivered a ring, but I don't get this. Would 2.5M put us over some threshold that would limit our ability to trade during the season? If this is the case, I'm on board.

Stevenson may not be 100% healthy and maybe he never will be again, but whatever % he was at during the PO run is good enough for me.
oh i agree. didn't mean "payday" in that sense. but then everyone in entertainment has an agent looking to maximize their earnings. substitute Scott Baio for DeShawn Stevenson and its the same thing.

i too am interested in what this means for our flexibility going forward and have posited a question about it in another thread.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #32
AO41
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
Yeah I don't believe in the "IT", Dirk didn't have the "it" for a long time according to many "experts" and then he suddenly did. Cuban has invested a lot in his stats office, I am sure they know what they are doing there on replacing guys like Deshawn.

Chandler is probably the one decision that they struggled with and their large, one year 20 mil contract, offer clearly shows that.
Like I said I am sure the team will be OK without them...and I think theyr doing a good job of replacing them and making another really good team.

The IT factor def....does exist..and stars and superstars usually are not the one that are identified by it...its usually the 8th or 9th guy or even someone on the end of the bench...there are a few guys in the league like that.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #33
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

good luck Deshawn!we love you!
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #34
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

My theory would be they brought in VC because he is a veteran with no ring and experience with J. Kidd. You can't just resign all the same players because then the locker room will get complacent. You have to add new pieces that give a different look and different motives. The last thing we want to do is become complacent after winning a title. Time to move on boys.

Also, we are not stuck with VC for three years... If I remember correctly we have an option to keep him after this year or leave him. I may be wrong though.

Last edited by OneLove22; 12-22-2011 at 06:11 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

To me, Stevenson's role is one that has yet to be replaced, in theory, on the roster. I could see the explanation on everything else being replaced, but that one has yet to fit in the "sign off" role.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #36
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I guess Cuban is giving up on this season to rebuild for 12-13 season.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #37
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To me, Stevenson's role is one that has yet to be replaced, in theory, on the roster. I could see the explanation on everything else being replaced, but that one has yet to fit in the "sign off" role.
His role made sense last season...especially with injuries, but I'm just not sure where he'd get minutes with this roster. Vince/Terry/Roddy/Stevenson?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #38
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
His role made sense last season...especially with injuries, but I'm just not sure where he'd get minutes with this roster. Vince/Terry/Roddy/Stevenson?
Well I meant in the sense you have a SG that had the capability of bringing toughness and could have the chance of locking down the best perimeter option on the other team.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #39
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I meant in the sense you have a SG that had the capability of bringing toughness and could have the chance of locking down the best perimeter option on the other team.
I can agree that Dallas currently lacks a defensive 2/3. But I don't believe Stevenson is a better defender than either West (defensive 1/2) or Marion (defensive 3 who can guard some big 2s). Do you disagree on the latter point?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #40
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I think Delonte is going to be able to replace DeShawn relatively well, particularly on combo guards. And between Matrix and Odom I think we should have the same level of versatility on defense.

I'm guessing we'll make one or possibly even two small moves before the deadline, too. Hopefully to shore up our defense that much more.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote