Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of
Default GDT: Mavs @ BKN 7 PM CST

Eh...
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

We're gonna get smoked like nobody's business.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Deron says....cubes is an idiot and cubes shows him that he is correct.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-dont-go-there

"Williams said the team's acquisition of Joe Johnson swayed him to pick Brooklyn. When Williams met with the Mavericks, owner Mark Cuban wasn't at the meeting because he was filming an episode of the reality television show "Shark Tank."

"A lot of the questions that me and my agent had for them really didn't get answered that day -- you know, pertaining to the future," Williams said in October. "And I think if (Cuban) was there, he would have been able to answer those questions a little bit better. Maybe would have helped me."

Cuban then fired back: "I'm a big D-Will fan, but I'm kind of surprised that he would throw his front office under the bus like that by saying that I would make a difference. I would have expected him to say -- like I'd expect one of our guys to say -- 'Hey I'm so thrilled with the front office and the moves we made and our team that it wouldn't have mattered what he did.'

"He's a superstar point guard, but my goal is to build a team. ... I'm flattered that he thought my presence would have made more of a difference than what the Nets' management did."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, right. Way overblown, Cuban being there would have made a difference, but not THE difference. So let's calm down and hope D-Will will rot in Brooklyn. Looks like they won't be in reach for a championship with the current construction of the roster for a looong time and can't say I feel sorry.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

we should tank again but i would kick deron's ass...
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Yeah, right. Way overblown, Cuban being there would have made a difference, but not THE difference. So let's calm down and hope D-Will will rot in Brooklyn. Looks like they won't be in reach for a championship with the current construction of the roster for a looong time and can't say I feel sorry.
Pretty much. I don't think Cuban's presence would have changed anything, but as a matter of principle I still firmly believe he should have been there.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
but as a matter of principle I still firmly believe he should have been there.
Absolutely. Didn't want to questions that.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

It still baffles me how much Deron wanted. Revenge game to Deron!
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Meh...debating whether or not to even watch tonight. I mean, I know I'll end up watching part of it, but my head is trying to tell my heart to skip this one...
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Deron says....cubes is an idiot and cubes shows him that he is correct.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-dont-go-there

"Williams said the team's acquisition of Joe Johnson swayed him to pick Brooklyn. When Williams met with the Mavericks, owner Mark Cuban wasn't at the meeting because he was filming an episode of the reality television show "Shark Tank."

"A lot of the questions that me and my agent had for them really didn't get answered that day -- you know, pertaining to the future," Williams said in October. "And I think if (Cuban) was there, he would have been able to answer those questions a little bit better. Maybe would have helped me."

Cuban then fired back: "I'm a big D-Will fan, but I'm kind of surprised that he would throw his front office under the bus like that by saying that I would make a difference. I would have expected him to say -- like I'd expect one of our guys to say -- 'Hey I'm so thrilled with the front office and the moves we made and our team that it wouldn't have mattered what he did.'

"He's a superstar point guard, but my goal is to build a team. ... I'm flattered that he thought my presence would have made more of a difference than what the Nets' management did."
Cubans Ego is annoying and he always has to be right. His remarks are childish...still, and it seems that he feels he has to battle everyone. "I'm flattered that he thought my presence would have made more of a difference than what the Nets' management did."

He could learn a bit of stfu and lay out here and there. His goal to build a team is flopping miserably at the moment, so I'd appreciate it more if he realized that there are times to spar verbally and times to be above it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

I wonder how many turnovers mayo commits and how many bricks collison throws tonight.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational tank!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Per EKS:

Quote:
Rick Carlisle says Chris Kaman will start tonight vs. the Nets.
And maybe some burn for Roddy would be nice.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Kaman started against Memphis as well.

It probably means Kaman will get most of the touches in the first quarter. Dirk has to take a backseat. And Dirk will not be aggressive the rest of the night.

(Hope I am wrong but it has been a pattern all year. Kaman gets the Josh Howard treatment in the first quarter. And therefore Dirk is The Invisible Man to the rest of the team during the game.)

Last edited by Bayliss; 03-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Let´s go Mavs !
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

And yhe pattern continues.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Solid start.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
Bayliss

Collison actually passed it back to Dirk. Why he doesnt do that more often.....
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
Bayliss

2 shot attempts....
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
Bayliss

Carter iss so much better when he comes in and doesnt immediately jack up a three.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #21
Kante
Diamond Member

Mike James is in, everybody calm down!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
Kante
Diamond Member

Even without to score, the last possession was good. Giving Dirk the ball at the free throw line.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #23
Bayliss

Nice attempt at the end of the quarter. Besides his first shot that was the only play that got him the ball. The other two shots were busted plays....

Last edited by Bayliss; 03-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
Bayliss

James with a dumbass shot.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Ugh. If tanking means playing Mike James considerable minutes, I'm not sure I can be on board any more.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
Kante
Diamond Member

Mike James is awesome...

Last edited by Kante; 03-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
Bayliss

Go away from Dirk and the opponent goes on a run.....
Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but our guards' ineptitude at getting the ball into Dirk's hands is unbelievable.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
Bayliss

I dont think Brand can dunk anymore.

Dirk being aggressive. Need to play some defense.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
Kante
Diamond Member

At times Collison does make stupid things with the ball in a fastbreak.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #31
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

take out collinson and kaman
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #32
Bayliss

Dirk got a wide open three but on a busted play.... why is there not a set run specifically for him?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #33
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ Mayo. He is slow as a snail
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #34
Bayliss

And out of the timeout Dirk is away from the ball and gets to twiddle his thumbs. Dirk just cant ever get continous looks this year.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #35
vcmavs25

vcmavs25 has a spectacular aura aboutvcmavs25 has a spectacular aura aboutvcmavs25 has a spectacular aura about

why mike james keep shooting

Last edited by vcmavs25; 03-01-2013 at 09:09 PM.
vcmavs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #36
Kante
Diamond Member

Kaman can make the highlight blocks at times.

Oh, and can someone drive to Brooklyn and kill Mike James?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #37
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Mike James is bad, real bad. That floater was never going to get in. Mayo flies into the crowd and none of his teammates is running to pick him up. That has bad team chemistry written all over it.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #38
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Collison is killing me.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

How did Collison turn that over? Ugh.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #40
Kante
Diamond Member

That 2 minutes were hilarious, the Mavs had so many chances, so funny, so sad... Expecting the game to blow open now for Brooklyn...