Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold
Default Shaq praises Dirk (He belongs to the HOF)

Dont know if it is posted in any US Media so i translate it for you guys.

http://www.sport1.de/de/ussport/ussp...ge_810116.html

Basketball-Legend Shaquille O'Neal says German Superstar Dirk Nowitzki will go a direct way into the Hall of Fame.

"He definitely belongs to the HOF, cause he won that one Championship. Many great players havent won a title - you cant put him on this list anymore. No, Dirk will be on the same page as Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, the great shooters, who won something, said the 4-time NBA Champion.

Nowitzki (35), currently Nr. 16 on the All-time Scoring List, is a great Player, Shaq admits. "He worked extremely hard on his game, he became one of the greatest shooters of all time."

"Maybe, Dirk has his best days behind him. Everyone gets older. The good thing is, if you're a shooter you can always shoot. You can take Screens, move from the Defender and shoot. Thats okay, Shaq said".

Shaq (41) also thinks, Dirk will pass him on the All-Time Scoring List.

O'Neal, currently Nr. 6 on the All-Time Scoring list, is 3000 Points infront of Nowitzki, but the German is coming closer.

"If he plays long enough he will get me. Definitely" Shaq said.
It will be very tough for him to get another Ring though.

Shaq also fancies about Germany. His Stepfather served on an US-Armybase in Germany. Shaq visited a school in Germany (Fulda).
"I learned a lot in Germany: Bratwurst, Currywurst, Pommes Frites, Mayonnaise, 'Brauchen Sie Hilfe, bitte?', 'Ich liebe dich'. That maybe were the best four years of my life".

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'

Last edited by GermanStandard; 11-19-2013 at 05:19 AM.
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who gets tired of Dirk being called "one of the greatest shooters" instead of "one of the greatest players"?

The German is going to retire as a TOP 10 Scorer w an MVP & and Finals MVP that is one of the most impressive championship runs for an individual player in the history of the game.

Yes, he IS one of the greatest shooters of all time.
&
YES, he IS one of the greatest players of all time!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Exactly.

...best shooting big man, best international player, best european player. Blah blah. To me it always sounds like a backhanded compliment anytime i hear things like that.

BTW, this video is much better than the sport1 interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XO56DVum4

Last edited by markus1234; 11-19-2013 at 10:15 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

Top 20 player for sure in my opinion and I would rank him as the second best power forward ever (1st if you consider Duncan a Center). No doubt he 's the best European ever and the best shooting big man.
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Love shaq, especially on TNT, but his remarks are tired and repetitive on Dirk.

I hate the times now. Dirk's and the Mavs run is completely forgotten. Although, chatting with a GIRL in the bar who doesnt even like NBA as much, said the Mavs/Heat 2011 was the best series she had ever seen in her life and was gushing about Dirk. That was 2 weeks ago. If I wasnt married, I wouldve proposed to her on the spot.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea where I can find that girl?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Love shaq, especially on TNT, but his remarks are tired and repetitive on Dirk.

I hate the times now. Dirk's and the Mavs run is completely forgotten. Although, chatting with a GIRL in the bar who doesnt even like NBA as much, said the Mavs/Heat 2011 was the best series she had ever seen in her life and was gushing about Dirk. That was 2 weeks ago. If I wasnt married, I wouldve proposed to her on the spot.

spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the whole "shooter" thing gets vexing. Prime Dirk was an elite defensive rebounder and elite at getting to the line. Prime to late Dirk had/has an elite post game. The guy is an amazing shooter, to be sure. But he's a scorer more than a shooter. "Shooters" don't average 27 PPG.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
MaverickGold

MaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAdamMorrison View Post
Yeah, the whole "shooter" thing gets vexing. Prime Dirk was an elite defensive rebounder and elite at getting to the line. Prime to late Dirk had/has an elite post game. The guy is an amazing shooter, to be sure. But he's a scorer more than a shooter. "Shooters" don't average 27 PPG.
This.
And not only this.
The thread about who the second best defender during the 2011 Finals was prompted me to look closely at the numbers. Surprisingly, you could argue that Dirk was the second best defender in those Finals. He was a man on fire and a man on a mission during those playoffs.

Of those that played more than 60 minutes in those Finals.

Dirk
1st in Defensive Rating
1st in RPG
4th in TOV%
3rd in BLK%
MaverickGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickGold View Post
This.
And not only this.
The thread about who the second best defender during the 2011 Finals was prompted me to look closely at the numbers. Surprisingly, you could argue that Dirk was the second best defender in those Finals. He was a man on fire and a man on a mission during those playoffs.

Of those that played more than 60 minutes in those Finals.

Dirk
1st in Defensive Rating
1st in RPG
4th in TOV%
3rd in BLK%

Dirk, especially when motivated (let's be honest, he'll conserve energy in meaningless games, and I don't blame him) is a criminally underrated defender. I mean he has flat out locked-down guys like Gasol, LMA, and even Duncan at times.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

The fact that anyone says Dirk makes the HOF makes the news is a joke. The guy is going to end up at least in the top 10 scoring leaders ever. The fact that he makes the HOF is absolute given.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
The fact that anyone says Dirk makes the HOF makes the news is a joke. The guy is going to end up at least in the top 10 scoring leaders ever. The fact that he makes the HOF is absolute given.
Even without being one of the top 10 scoring leaders the HOF is a lock. Actually, he's a lock since 2007 as all MVP's will be inducted. There hasn't been a single MVP in the NBA who doesn't make it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's an uber-lock!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote