Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Mavs (25-10) at Nets (16-17) 6:30pm

Both teams on the second night of a B2B. Gotta take care of business.

Dirk is 12 points away from #7 Moses Malone. I'm mixed on this-- I want him to pass it tonight and we may need the points, but it'd also be nice to score that 13th point at home in front of thousands of Mavs fans with the inevitable graphic playing on the jumbotron. Doesn't seem right to have him make #7 on the road in a game that is only televized in NYC and Dallas.

Deron has been awful, but the Nets have been decent in limited time with Jack starting. I feel pretty good with Rondo on Jack, but they have won 6 of their last 8 since benching Deron.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2015 at 03:05 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Smash the weak.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And in other news: I have no explanation how Billy King still has a job in the NBA. After running the Magic into the ground, he did it with the Nets. Until 2018. Because all their 1st round picks are gone until then.

And his greatest move: Trading for an expiring G. Wallace at the deadline to please Deron (Nets had the cap to sign Wallace as an FA the next summer too). They gave up a weak Top-3 protected pick. Pick turned out to be #6, Lillard.

So, he re-signed Wallace for 4/40, even he was pretty much done allready. After Lillard won ROTY, King told the media its no biggie, he would have drafted Tyler Zeller anyway with this pick.

omfg...i can do a better job....
Old 01-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

nyets

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #6
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

D-Will coming off the bench. Hindsight is always 20/20, but Cuban is a friggin' genius for that one (Shark Tank).

Then again, D-Will doesn't have Carlisle as his coach. You never know how it could have turned out. Either way, we have Rondo and we are a great team.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 01-05-2015 at 01:00 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #7
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I really hope Rondo shuts down Deron. Hated the guy ever since he decided not to come here in 2012. He said he couldn't pass up the chance to play with Joe Johnson... So I guess Joe Johnson is better than Dirk? lol What an idiot. In hindsight of course I'm glad he didn't come here.

Mavs blowout win.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I really hope Rondo shuts down Deron. Hated the guy ever since he decided not to come here in 2012. He said he couldn't pass up the chance to play with Joe Johnson... So I guess Joe Johnson is better than Dirk? lol What an idiot. In hindsight of course I'm glad he didn't come here.

Mavs blowout win.
Might want to change that to J. Jack since Deron is coming off the bench.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #9
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Guess who has tickets to this game tonight?? THAT'S RIGHT! I'm so happy the Nets moved to Brooklyn, now I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for overrated Knick tickets. I bought these even before the Rondo trade and now I'm super happy I did.

Ah, I can't wait. This is my first time seeing the Mavericks live, seeing Dirk live! Oh man, the fan girl inside of me can hardly contain its self.

LET'S GO MAVS!

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #10
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Guess who has tickets to this game tonight?? THAT'S RIGHT! I'm so happy the Nets moved to Brooklyn, now I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for overrated Knick tickets. I bought these even before the Rondo trade and now I'm super happy I did.

Ah, I can't wait. This is my first time seeing the Mavericks live, seeing Dirk live! Oh man, the fan girl inside of me can hardly contain its self.

LET'S GO MAVS!
It's a pretty special thing to see them live. One of the things I will miss after moving to Austin from Dallas.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to see the Mavs show some consistently against weak teams. Hope it continues tonight.
Funny how plan powder failed to bring us Deron or Howard or Lebron. We end up with Rondo, Tyson, Monte and Parsons. Can't call it a plan but we are way better off. Maybe not the best players, but when you factor in attitude and the lack of head cases and egomaniacs, we are way better off.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

LET'S GO MAVS!
Jealous. If Dirk scores 12, then you will be there for the historic night when Dirk makes #7 of all time.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

LET'S GO MAVS!
Good for you. Get there early and maybe the dirkster will give you an autograph or just look at you?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #14
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

How glad are you guys that D Williams is not on our team?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
How glad are you guys that D Williams is not on our team?
For 1-2 mill as a backup, I'd take him.

For 20 mill this year and 21 mill next year, when he's been benched for Jarrett Jack? Not so much. We lucked out that he signed his 100mill contract there and not here.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #16
bvbull200

bvbull200 will become famous soon enough

Boobytrap game. The Nets are playing better now than their season record indicates and the Mavs, on the back of a 5 game winning streak, could overlook this team. Especially on the back end of a back-to-back.

The Mavs should win this game, but I think we'll know pretty early if they showed up ready to take care of business.
bvbull200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
Boobytrap game. The Nets are playing better now than their season record indicates and the Mavs, on the back of a 5 game winning streak, could overlook this team. Especially on the back end of a back-to-back.

The Mavs should win this game, but I think we'll know pretty early if they showed up ready to take care of business.
Yeah, I revised my original post to show that Brooklyn was on a tear-- they won 6 of 7 before losing last night including a quality win against the Bulls in Chicago. They've been on a tear since replacing Williams as their starter and their stats are up, even though it was against largely bad opposition (@Orlando, Sacramento, @Boston, @Denver, @Detroit).

The good
We're 4-0 on the last game of multi-game roadtrips-- I'd say the Detroit game between two 3-game roadtrips is our most dangerous game statistically
Nets are only 3-4 when returning from a road trip

the bad
Nets swept us last year (107-106 and 107-104 in OT)
Sometimes just beat other teams, even when they are less talented. @MIL and @GSW for two
We have a giant target on our chests with our winning streak
Nets are playing .750 ball the last 8 games and have caught fire with Jack as their starter

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-05-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #18
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Something about the nets franchise annoys me. From Deron trying to one up us in free agency. To Kidd having his jersey retired in brooklyn than Dallas. I hope we kick their ass tonight.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #19
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Deron Williams and Kevin Garnett both out tonight. We can't underestimate this team or else it'll be like the Pacer game earlier this season. Gotta stay focused, take care of business.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #20
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post

Came to post this. Theyve won 6 of their last 8 including a loss last night. Been doing much better than their record indicates.Theyre coming home to get that win back so the Mavs better be ready. Hope there is a plan for the Center position if Smith cant go.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #21
sefant77
Guru

Seeing our starting 5 and contract situations...i think its time for some serious "thank you, Deron" chants
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #22
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

At the game right now. I'm so friggin stoked. Can't believe II'm about to watch Dirk live. My mind feels like it's going to explode. I'm so hype. Woooooooo

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #23
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
At the game right now. I'm so friggin stoked. Can't believe II'm about to watch Dirk live. My mind feels like it's going to explode. I'm so hype. Woooooooo
Love the enthusiasm. Enjoy! I hope its a wonderful experience for you.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Take pics when Dirk gets to 10pts. You could be witnessing him pass Moses Malone.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #25
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

anybody with good link?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #26
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Hope you brought a 2nd pair of underwear
Old 01-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #27
Vinsanity
Golden Member

I predict 6 Mirza Teletovic threes
Old 01-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #28
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
anybody with good link?
http://www.atdhe24.net/live_streams/...s-1082678.html
Old 01-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sefant!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #30
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Gonna be one of "those" starts huh?
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 PM   #31
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We still going to win, but what an ugly start.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 PM   #32
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Alright Lopez, we get it
Old 01-05-2015, 07:47 PM   #33
sefant77
Guru

arena is dead

please defend Lopez?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #34
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dunk away, Ty!

Old 01-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Where's a dead cat when you need one?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #36
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Fitting, since we aren't dead yet
Old 01-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #37
Underdog

Lopez - 14 points, 6 rebounds
Mavs - 15 points, 8 rebounds

Old 01-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

We should start defending before the half.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #39
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Seems Brook Lopez always kills the Mavs.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Classic Carlisle T. He's begging the team to wake up.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-05-2015 at 08:01 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote