Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 1 33.33%
Mavs win by 1-9 1 33.33%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 33.33%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: Game 71 - Clippers (45-22) at Mavs (41-29) 5:30pm TNT/FSSW

Final five games of the season for the Mavs and Clippers. Mavs are all but locked into the 7th seed which currently is slotted to play the Clippers, but the Nuggets (2-0) are looking to overtake the Clippers (0-2) and are now only a half-game back.

Ironically, if we lose this game then we'll be 0-3 against the Clippers and will almost guarantee that they are our first-round opponent. If we show that we can potentially take a game or two by winning against the Clippers, that may bump them to #3 and we'll instead face the Nuggets in the playoffs.

Injury report - Mavs
Curry - leg soreness - out
Powell - Achilles - shooting and running, but out
Brunson - shoulder - can do everything, but still working on conditioning. Will not play in the next five games
Lee - calf - out for remaining five games
WCS - family - out for remaining five games

Injury report - Clips
Beverley - calf tightness - out
Harrell - family death - questionable

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-06-2020 at 09:13 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #2
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I assume were not getting Lee or WCS for the playoffs as well correct?
Old 08-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I assume were not getting Lee or WCS for the playoffs as well correct?
Only guy who may come back is Curry unless something very unusual happens. Lee is the only one who is likely to even be able to return and he may not.

Powell - running and shooting, but "a few months out" according to Carlisle

Brunson - doing everything, but "a few months of strengthening work" until he can come back according to Carlisle

Lee - probably saw his last PT for the team on his expiring contract. Wasn't a rotation guy before his injury. He technically could come back, but even if he gets healthy, he may not play.

WCS - Opted out of the bubble, is done for the season according to The Athletic (and for the Mavs because he's player option this summer. Probably already played his last minute for us.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-06-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Actually Lee was starting games towards the end of the season which shows how inconsistent the starting lineups would change from game to game when a guy who was supposed to be traded all last summer and all season leading up to the trade deadline.

But somehow he developed into a spot starter before the covid shutdown lol

As for this game tonight maybe the young mavs find some poise like the even younger Suns did to win a close game vs the clippers.

The differ is somehow Phoenix seems to play a little better defensively than our mavs and they have a little more size in their wings.

Hopefully both George and Leonard struggle
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Only guy who may come back is Curry unless something very unusual happens. Lee is the only one who is likely to even be able to return and he may not.

Powell - running and shooting, but "a few months out" according to Carlisle

Brunson - doing everything, but "a few months of strengthening work" until he can come back according to Carlisle

Lee - probably saw his last PT for the team on his expiring contract. Wasn't a rotation guy before his injury. He technically could come back, but even if he gets healthy, he may not play.

WCS - Opted out of the bubble, is done for the season according to The Athletic (and for the Mavs because he's player option this summer. Probably already played his last minute for us.
Thanks. I really liked WCS. I figured it was pointless for them to go inside the bubble and all the prep involved.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #6
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

This is as exciting of a game as we can hope for at this point in the season and with the Mavs locked in 7.

There's a lot to play for, a win could give the team and the fans some much needed confidence in perspective of facing the Clippers in the playoffs, and could also knock the Clippers to 3rd, which would be huge in my opinion.

With a loss, the regular season is done for the Mavs, and I don't think there will be that much excitement for a playoff series against the Clippers either.
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Personally, I'll be super excited to watch a Mavs/Clippers playoff series. The Clippers are the best team in the league, imo.

I don't need or expect the Mavs to be there, yet. I'm still just jazzed to know with certainty that the arrow is pointed up again, and I'm looking forward to watching the team grow and improve each year.

Getting the chance to play the NBA's best in their very first playoff series should only accelerate that time line, right?
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:40 PM   #8
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

I get how easy it is to get down on a team's progress when they're so important to you, but reading through these game threads from night to night, I really think some of you might want to reflect on just how terrible literally every season between the championship and Luka's rookie year actually were.

Those teams were all bad, to varying degrees, but they were consistently and definitively worse investments of our time than this current team, no matter how much you hate certain players, or the rotation, or whatever. Those teams had no future. This one does.

For me, that's what I need to be a fan. The 2010's Mavericks taught me that about myself. I want the team to get to the top of the mountain, of course, and I'll be disappointed if they don't, but I've learned that what I REALLY loved was watching young Nash/Dirk/Finley go on that journey together, and the trials they encountered along the way. That's what made 2011 so damn special.

We're getting to start that over, FINALLY, after so many years of just wandering in the desert. Wins, losses, lessons...it's all good. Enjoy the ride!
Old 08-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #9
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Boban in the S5

Boban
KP
DFS
THJ
Luka

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I get how easy it is to get down on a team's progress when they're so important to you, but reading through these game threads from night to night, I really think some of you might want to reflect on just how terrible literally every season between the championship and Luka's rookie year actually were.

Those teams were all bad, to varying degrees, but they were consistently and definitively worse investments of our time than this current team, no matter how much you hate certain players, or the rotation, or whatever. Those teams had no future. This one does.

For me, that's what I need to be a fan. The 2010's Mavericks taught me that about myself. I want the team to get to the top of the mountain, of course, and I'll be disappointed if they don't, but I've learned that what I REALLY loved was watching young Nash/Dirk/Finley go on that journey together, and the trials they encountered along the way. That's what made 2011 so damn special.

We're getting to start that over, FINALLY, after so many years of just wandering in the desert. Wins, losses, lessons...it's all good. Enjoy the ride!
Hard to be upset with people who understandably get irritated with how this team blows leads, and they've been doing it all season. Easy to look at things from afar when there isn't a game, but it's never less frustrating when witnessing it live. I mean, it took a miracle Luka game just to beat the Kings.

Otherwise, I mostly agree with you. Things are on the up and up.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #11
KillerLeft

Does anyone have a link for this one?
Old 08-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #12
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

http://nbastreams.xyz/live/4/

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:33 PM   #13
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Thanks!!!
Old 08-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #14
KillerLeft

Giannis is single handedly destroying the Heat.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:55 PM   #15
Melonhead
Guru

Let’s gooooo Boban SS gives me life
Old 08-06-2020, 05:57 PM   #16
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Boban in the S5

Boban
KP
DFS
THJ
Luka
That lineup is friggin huge
Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #17
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Personally, I'll be super excited to watch a Mavs/Clippers playoff series. The Clippers are the best team in the league, imo.

I don't need or expect the Mavs to be there, yet. I'm still just jazzed to know with certainty that the arrow is pointed up again, and I'm looking forward to watching the team grow and improve each year.

Getting the chance to play the NBA's best in their very first playoff series should only accelerate that time line, right?
I guess you are right, maybe I was projecting my own feelings onto everybody else, because I'm rating the Clippers as both the best team in the league and the worst matchup for the Mavs ... when you add the meetings so far this year, I can't come up with any reason to have hope, and for me personally that's a big turn off. I assumed most ppl feel this way.
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #18
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Harrell being out today will make things easier I think. We usually had no answer for him inside

Quote:

Last edited by Skywalker; 08-06-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #19
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

KP delicious dunk, but the Mavs still can't defend to save their lives.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #20
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
I guess you are right, maybe I was projecting my own feelings onto everybody else, because I'm rating the Clippers as both the best team in the league and the worst matchup for the Mavs ... when you add the meetings so far this year, I can't come up with any reason to have hope, and for me personally that's a big turn off. I assumed most ppl feel this way.
Oh, for sure. Right there with you on their chances to win. Non-existent.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

George just shoots it wide open. Just terrible.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #22
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I want to think Ciach Carlisle for finally giving a big starting lineup a chance
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #23
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Good shot by DFS

Old 08-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Love how Burke runs this team. And he came from out of nowhere.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Good fight
Old 08-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #26
Skywalker
Diamond Member

great effort by dfs there

Quote:
Old 08-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #27
KillerLeft

Am I crazy, or are the Mavs playing a little harder in this one than they have been?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #28
Melonhead
Guru

God KP looks so good.

Inside out focal point on him will open up the offense so much.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #29
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Harrell being out today will make things easier I think. We usually had no answer for him inside
No Harrell No Lou No Beverly.

This team is beatable if they’re sitting.

Edit: Lou is playing lol

Last edited by Melonhead; 08-06-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #30
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome to see:
A bigger lineup
Luka posting up early last game
KP inside out game instead of hanging around the perimeter

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #31
KillerLeft

Luka with pretty solid D against Leonard.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #32
KillerLeft

OMG they're doubling Luka early!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #33
Skywalker
Diamond Member

the defense finally showed up i guess

Quote:
Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #34
KillerLeft

Cool to see that they're not being totally outclassed by the Clippers to this point. Fun game.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:23 PM   #35
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cool to see that they're not being totally outclassed by the Clippers to this point. Fun game.
It’s been a fun watch so far
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Ugh, Wright. So bad.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #37
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Ugh, Wright. So bad.
that was terrible

Quote:
Old 08-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #38
KillerLeft

Yeah, they needed a better shot than that out of 2 on 1 situation.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Jackson has played reasonably well this bubble.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #40
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Wright for three! wow.