Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rebuilding the Bench MOB

I used to love the JJ led bench units. My favorite was JJ, DFS, Maxi, and Powell

I would like to see it happen again. If we get a new starting level power forward, Maxi and DFS can go back to the bench where they excelled

Burke, Brunson, DFS, Maxi and Powell would be lethal
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2020, 06:22 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Actually thought our bench was solid. We just needed starting-caliber players in the starting 5 and some consistency.

Losing Brunson and then Powell just messed everything up.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I used to love the JJ led bench units. My favorite was JJ, DFS, Maxi, and Powell

I would like to see it happen again. If we get a new starting level power forward, Maxi and DFS can go back to the bench where they excelled

Burke, Brunson, DFS, Maxi and Powell would be lethal
I think there's a decent chance that either DFS or Kleber goes back to the bench, once everyone is healthy (looking at you, KP). That is, assuming they make another trade or use the MLE.

I agree with Erica and don't think either of those two are over their heads in the starting lineup, or that the bench is a huge concern, but I also agree with you that either of them off the bench would be a huge positive.

I just really, really love where this team is right now. Can't wait to see what's next.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Are we bringing Burke back?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I hope. Barea over Burke would be a waste of a roster spot
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unless we pick up another secondary creator, I would hope so
Old 11-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #7
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, wonder the same.

Not sure how the minutes will be distributed if we do considering we have several wings that will get a lot of time at SG now.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:56 AM   #8
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

DFS is a starter....

Even if the Mavs were to get Giannis I think RC would just slide him back over to his natural SF spot and start him.

Remember last year it wasn't DFS coming off the bench to start the year it was THJ. DFS just got shifted over to PF when Powell went down.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:15 AM   #9
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
DFS is a starter....
Not over Richardson or Hardaway. And if we get lucky and get Gallinari, DFW won't start over him either
Old 11-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not over Richardson or Hardaway. And if we get lucky and get Gallinari, DFW won't start over him either
DFS has played most of his minutes at PF. He's not really competing with the SG/SF guys.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #11
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Like I said he's a starter...

Not sure what the debate is but he was chosen over THJ before right?

RC made that call and I believe he likes DFS more than you might think.

Last edited by Dallas41; 11-20-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Like I said he's a starter...

Not sure what the debate is but he was chosen over THJ before right?

RC made that call and I believe he likes DFS more than you might think.
I'm not sure what the debate is either

DFS is a forward and THJ is a SG. Although the roles are interchangeable in some kind of "wing" theory, DFS never took a job from THJ. One is a front court player and the other a back court player

The only times that THJ didn't start was because of Wright (2 starts early) and Curry. THJ started 58 of the 71 games so DFS didn't send him to the bench

???
Old 11-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #13
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm not sure what the debate is either

DFS is a forward and THJ is a SG. Although the roles are interchangeable in some kind of "wing" theory, DFS never took a job from THJ. One is a front court player and the other a back court player

The only times that THJ didn't start was because of Wright (2 starts early) and Curry. THJ started 58 of the 71 games so DFS didn't send him to the bench

???
Your right but RC also had the option to bench DFS and go small like he's done often by playing THJ and Curry together and instead he elected to keep DFS in the lineup and move THJ to the bench doing those times.

DFS started every game at SF until Powell went down.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:27 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Your right but RC also had the option to bench DFS and go small like he's done often by playing THJ and Curry together and instead he elected to keep DFS in the lineup and move THJ to the bench doing those times.

DFS started every game at SF until Powell went down.
I'm still not understanding

THJ is a shooting guard. He would be playing out of place being a forward on a regular basis so DFS starting at SF means nothing. Likewise, DFS couldn't play an effective SG

THJ is our best 2. Richardson is our best 3. DFS is the best 4 we have right now (over Maxi) but if we get a better player to play the 4 that would mean that DFS would come off of the bench

It doesn't matter whether or not DFS is better than THJ. Starting DFS at that point would be playing 1 or 2 playing out of their best position and it would hurt the team