Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future
Default Mavs Dream Team 2020

What I mean by this is who would make your Mavs Dream Team in 2020 for players who have played with Dallas since 1980. Keep in mind when selecting the players only their seasons played with Dallas qualify. We're not getting 2-time NBA MVP Steve Nash. We're not getting a number of players who were in their prime well before they came to Dallas, looking for a ring. i.e. Vince Carter.

Let's go 15 players deep with this.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:35 PM   #2
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Tyson Chandler (2010-11)
Dirk Nowitzki (2004-05) (my favorite Dirk season)
Luka Doncic (2019-20) (since we haven't seen 21 onward)

Anyway, this is a start of what I have to recommend. You could clearly prefer another Dirk season, but I think everyone will agree that's one of his best seasons.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:49 PM   #3
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Are we trying to build an actual team who could play effectively together, or just pick the five best Mavs?
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #4
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

@KillerLeft either works!

You could even make a team of just dawgs if you want. lmao
Old 12-05-2020, 08:42 PM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

One from each era for me

Rolando Blackman 1983-84
Averaged 22 pts and shot an insane 54% from the field

Michael Finley 1999-00
Averaged 22 pts, 6 reb, 5 ast, & 42 minutes per game

Shawn Marion 2010-11
Averaged 12pts, almost 7 reb, & played fantastic defense (and we know what happened at the end of that season)
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:01 PM   #6
R28J

R28J is a jewel in the roughR28J is a jewel in the roughR28J is a jewel in the rough

Let's go 15 players deep with this.

Donaldson (87) Chandler (15) Porzingis (20)
Nowitzki (06) Tarpley (91) Perkins (90)
Aguirre (84) Mashburn (95) Howard (08)
Finley (00) Blackmon (86) Jackson (94)
Doncic (20) Kidd (96) Harper (88)
R28J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:23 PM   #7
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Luka/Kidd/Nash
Blackman/Ellis/JET
Aguirre/Marion/Mashburn
Dirk/KP/Perkins
Chandler/Donaldson/Tarpley
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #8
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

R28J is right. 14-15 Chandler is actually better than 10-11 Chandler. My mistake! When it comes to Nowitzki... so many wonderful seasons. I preferred the 04-05 season to the 05-06 season simply because he had more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. In 05-06 he did less of that and focused on the scoring. Sure, for Dirk that is probably what you want him to do. However, I felt he was plenty good enough at scoring already in 04-05. I respect what he was able to do all around.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:47 PM   #9
R28J

R28J is a jewel in the roughR28J is a jewel in the roughR28J is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
R28J is right. 14-15 Chandler is actually better than 10-11 Chandler. My mistake! When it comes to Nowitzki... so many wonderful seasons. I preferred the 04-05 season to the 05-06 season simply because he had more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. In 05-06 he did less of that and focused on the scoring. Sure, for Dirk that is probably what you want him to do. However, I felt he was plenty good enough at scoring already in 04-05. I respect what he was able to do all around.
Thanks NK. I went back and relooked at Dirk's career stats and you are right. His (05) season stats are better. If you take the top 3 years of stats (05) places in the top 3 in all PTS - 2, REB - 3, AST - 3, BLK - 1 and STL's - 2.

On to this years stats - hopefully KP can move up from 3rd Team to 1st or 2nd best Mavs Season stats if he stays healthy.

How cool would it be for the best season states to look like this after this season 20 - 21.

Porzingis (21) Donaldson (87) Chandler (15)
Nowitzki (05) Tarpley (91) Perkins (90)
Aguirre (84) Mashburn (95) Howard (08)
Finley (00) Blackmon (86) Jackson (94)
Doncic (21) Kidd (96) Harper (88)
R28J is offline   Reply With Quote