Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-06-2021, 07:07 AM   #1
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute
Default GAME 7 THREAD - DAL @ LAC - 2:30 CT (ABC)

Let’s go baby! No polls, no predictions. Every possession counts. MFFL.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Well this is it. The literal Do or Die game. Little over six and a half hours til tipoff.

My ESPN app has Luka listed as day to day (neck) -which he was listed that way before last game too. But also has maxi as day to day (Achilles) which Is new. So I just hope we have everyone able to play! Cept Redick of course, he's out.

Whatever happens the future is bright for Luka and for the Mavericks (if we can keep Luka lol) and at the very least, we won one more playoff game than last year!

LETS.
GO.
MAVS!!!!!!

Last edited by D_D_D; 06-06-2021 at 08:00 AM.
D_D_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:01 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:18 AM   #4
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a Mavs victory. The 2 biggest factors will be the continued improvement in play of the starting Boban-KP zone 5 and finally using them to close the game. This will be their 3rd game playing together, and I expect continued improvement. My hope is that Boban can clean up his finishes around the rim like he did in the 2nd half of game 6, and the Mavs finish the first quarter with a double digit lead.

I also expect RC to finally close with the starting 5, so the offense isn't so predictable.

People need to cut KP some slack this game. Unless he makes a conscious decision to shoot more, then his major contribution is going to be on the defensive end, and I hope he can crash the offensive boards more often from the baseline corners. If RC chooses to go with Boban in the middle, then KP will be limited to being a spacer and a shooter on the outside for the most part. This is a win or go home game, so I don't see too much time to experiment with KP other than to concentrate on getting him the ball early to get him more involved offensively. Maybe RC could try him as a facilitator in the post a couple of times but that may be about it.

I think if these 2 things happen and the Mav role players can shoot better than 35% from 3 and take care of the ball that the Mavs will win.

Go Mavs!

Last edited by turin; 06-06-2021 at 09:37 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I believe. Go Mavs.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

If we win all the remaining road games we will make it to the finals. Mathematical fact.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #7
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I predicted Mavs in 7. Never thought it would be the road team wins every game, but today history is made and Luka moves on.

Mavs 121
Clippers 120
Old 06-06-2021, 10:57 AM   #8
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a Mavs victory. The 2 biggest factors will be the continued improvement in play of the starting Boban-KP zone 5 and finally using them to close the game. This will be their 3rd game playing together, and I expect continued improvement. My hope is that Boban can clean up his finishes around the rim like he did in the 2nd half of game 6, and the Mavs finish the first quarter with a double digit lead.

I also expect RC to finally close with the starting 5, so the offense isn't so predictable.

People need to cut KP some slack this game. Unless he makes a conscious decision to shoot more, then his major contribution is going to be on the defensive end, and I hope he can crash the offensive boards more often from the baseline corners. If RC chooses to go with Boban in the middle, then KP will be limited to being a spacer and a shooter on the outside for the most part. This is a win or go home game, so I don't see too much time to experiment with KP other than to concentrate on getting him the ball early to get him more involved offensively. Maybe RC could try him as a facilitator in the post a couple of times but that may be about it.

I think if these 2 things happen and the Mav role players can shoot better than 35% from 3 and take care of the ball that the Mavs will win.

Go Mavs!

Rick's decision to not play Boban in that 4th qtr has been questioned on a few other mavs fans sites

Here's one right here that agrees with you

DONUT 3: LATE LINEUP The Mavs won Game 5 and led Game 6 early with a big lineup featuring Boban Marjanovic. Obviously Rick Carlisle didn’t trust Boban down the stretch, going instead with Maxi Kleber. But Kleber passed up a couple of open 3-pointers and went scoreless in 21 minutes after Boban produced 12 points and generally had the Clippers scratching their head on how to deal with his size and skill in the paint.

Carlisle did not, in fact, dance with the one who brought him.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #9
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I predicted Mavs in 7. Never thought it would be the road team wins every game, but today history is made and Luka moves on.

Mavs 121
Clippers 120
A close game worries me because the mavs have been outplayed in the 4th qtr by the Clippers all series.

I pray they are up big going into the 4th otherwise I'm afraid this will continue to happen

DONUT 5: TROUBLING TREND In the last two fourth quarters the Mavs have scored only a combined 36 points.

Reason? Among the 16 playoff teams, they are dead last in fast-break points and points in the paint, meaning that when the screws tighten and the pace slows they have to rely solely on their half-court execution and jump-shooting.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #10
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction is a blowout. I can’t predict Mavs or Clippers but whoever wins it will be a comfortable win. Both teams are tired, one team gives in.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:10 PM   #11
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
A close game worries me because the mavs have been outplayed in the 4th qtr by the Clippers all series.

I pray they are up big going into the 4th otherwise I'm afraid this will continue to happen

DONUT 5: TROUBLING TREND In the last two fourth quarters the Mavs have scored only a combined 36 points.

Reason? Among the 16 playoff teams, they are dead last in fast-break points and points in the paint, meaning that when the screws tighten and the pace slows they have to rely solely on their half-court execution and jump-shooting.
Usually, the Mavs become stagnant offensively and stand around and watch a gassed Luka iso for the last 4 minutes of a game. The only other contribution role players tend to make are knucklehead plays and bricks. This has to change for the Mavs to advance.

Last edited by turin; 06-06-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #12
Jayinem
Banned

Jayinem will become famous soon enoughJayinem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
My prediction is a blowout. I can’t predict Mavs or Clippers but whoever wins it will be a comfortable win. Both teams are tired, one team gives in.
Since our two best players (is KP is our 2nd best player?) average about 6 years younger than theirs, that should be an advantage for us. But I'm not sure if it is.

Last edited by Jayinem; 06-06-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Jayinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #13
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayinem View Post
Since our team best players (is KP is our 2nd best player?) average about 6 years younger than theirs, that should be an advantage for us. But I'm not sure if it is.
On the other hand, LA has much more experience dealing with playoff pressure, which is a big advantage in a game 7.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #14
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Please win
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:24 PM   #15
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

Go Mavs!!
My wife hates me allready for staying up in the middle of the night, but I hope I have some more opportunities to do so. She hopes this evening is the last game so I can get the kids ready for school and dont have to oversleep anymore.
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:26 PM   #16
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #17
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I hope this is the case but for Dallas

I just don't trust them if this game is close in the 4th qtr

As someone else stated offense is too stagnant and role players start making silly mistakes like dumb passes in traffic or dribbling off their foot.

We got bailed out in that game 5 win because that dude Mann made a boneheaded play for the clippers

Hopefully KL or PG gets into early foul trouble
Old 06-06-2021, 02:19 PM   #18
Jayinem
Banned

How did Atlanta get so good so fast. I like Trae's supporting cast better than Luka's.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #19
Jayinem
Banned

Atlanta might choke it away. Still like Trae's teammates better.

Bogdanovich should be a Maverick.

Last edited by Jayinem; 06-06-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:34 PM   #20
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayinem View Post
How did Atlanta get so good so fast. I like Trae's supporting cast better than Luka's.
Because the mavs were savings their money for a big fish

While the hawks jumped on guys like Gallo and Bogdanovich

Dallas also wasted trades on Wright, Richardson and Redick type players

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-06-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:36 PM   #21
Jayinem
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Because the mavs were savings their money for a big fish

While the hawks jumped on guys like Gallo and Bogdanovic

Dallas also wasted trades on Wright, Richardson and Redick type players
Didn't Bognanovich say he wanted to come to Dallas? I don't remember the MBT blinking.

But anyway we are who we are still not eliminated yet. Hope we can win today.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #22
Jayinem
Banned

Luka is going to need something like 40-10-8 to win IMO.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:50 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Feed boban and get a turnover
Old 06-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #24
Jayinem
Banned

Not going to win with a bunch of turnovers.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #25
Jayinem
Banned

Clearly their strategy is anyone but Luka.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:54 PM   #26
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

How is that not a continuation?
Old 06-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #27
BPo001
Diamond Member

KP doing well on these back door cuts
Old 06-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #28
turin
Diamond Member

Nice offensive adjustment having KP more active along the baseline. 2 dishes to him from Boban for easy scores.

Last edited by turin; 06-06-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #29
Jayinem
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
How is that not a continuation?
The refs are human, when it comes to calling stuff in our favor.

Last edited by Jayinem; 06-06-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Our strategy:

Doncic no attempts
Boban is Vlade Divac
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 02:56 PM   #31
BPo001
Diamond Member

4 team fouls on LAC. Let’s get them in the penalty early and attack, attack, attack!
Old 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #32
turin
Diamond Member

Why did Boban go out on Batum? That was dumb. No reason at all to go out to the 3 pt line. Gave up an easy drive around himself.

Last edited by turin; 06-06-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #33
MFFL
Guru

Boban has to be meaner

He shouldn’t let that play happen. Foul the guy
Old 06-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #34
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Boban has to be meaner

He shouldn’t let that play happen. Foul the guy
Yeah, I'd love it if he had a little bit of a mean streak in him. He plays way too nice.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #35
Jayinem
Banned

Boban gonna play 48 minutes lol.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:01 PM   #36
Jayinem
Banned

Oh damn THJ not what we need.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #37
turin
Diamond Member

that better not be an achilles with the goofy way he looked injured going backwards.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #38
turin
Diamond Member

Boban makes another defensive error. Stay under the damn basket Bobi!!!
Old 06-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #39
Jayinem
Banned

Luka time
Old 06-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #40
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Boban has to be smarter

Play back

and i want to LUka to drive and not fall in love with that 3