Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-19-2002, 08:16 PM   #1
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

And Nowitzki is in the list aswell as Shawn Bradley.

The squad consists of:

Nowitzki, Bradley (Dallas Mavericks)
Mithat Demirel, Rödl, Pesic, Garris, Lütcke (ALBA Berlin)
Ademola Okulaja (Barcelona)
Patrick Femerling (Olympiakos Piräus)

and others.

Seems like Dirk has green light from the Mavs and plans to be there
Old 06-19-2002, 08:38 PM   #2
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Arigbabu and Roller should also be able to contribute.
SJ, do you know who´ll start at pg, Demirel or Roller?
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:17 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

When they play the US it will be the first time ever for me to root against Dirk.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 09:50 PM   #4
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Bradley should give them the "edge"...
HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:53 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Thanks Big_pth...I haven't had a good laugh in a while.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:45 AM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I have no idea Fidel - I´d prefer Roller.

I´d go with

Roller, Pesic, Okulaja, Nowitzki, Bradley / Femerling

as our 6 man rotation - u?
Old 06-20-2002, 07:15 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Bradley/Femerling......he gets low minutes even there huh?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2002, 07:52 PM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

SJ, I don´t think they will play that big.
I´d like to see something like this:

PG: Roller, Demirel
SG: Pesic, Garris
SF: Okulaja, Dirk, Rödl
PF: Dirk, Arigbabu
C: Femerling, Arigbabu.

I´d also like to see some pt for Willoughby and Tomic.

That would give us something like a 9 man rotation. We wouldn´t be exactly small either with playing Okulaja and some Dirk at the three. But we could still fastbreak alot.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:57 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Bradley is getting totally dissed here.....probably deserved though.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:58 PM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Actually I think we lost last years EC by playing too small (yeah, I know that if we simply hacked Turkoglu ...) ... Dirk had to carry too much load on his shoulders, and we simply HAVE to use bradley - what he has shown in the EC wasn´t too bad, he just didnt get off the bench for solid minutes. This will change this year as he can share more time with the squad, so Femerling/Bradley is kind of set for me ...

Arigbabu will backup Dirk, maybe even Lütcke will see minutes - I have no idea why Rödl is in the lineup - maybe becaus Dirk is still uncertain because of his surgery?

By playing that big our guards can focus on guarding their opponents - something they can do. And nailing an occasional three every now and then. They can do that aswell. Dirk and Adi will create so much match up problems, they can hardly be stopped, aswell as Pesic vs. no defensive guards.

Just play Bradley more ;o) (lonesome caller in the desert ...)
Old 06-21-2002, 04:07 AM   #11
Fidel
Diamond Member

SJ,
I think Rödl is in as some kind of an emotional leader. He has lots of expirience and is well liked by most of the players. That´s why I think he might see some minutes.
Bradley, I don´t want him to play cause I think this team is set to play a fastbreak / run&gun style. Both Roller and Demirel are very quick, same goes for Garris, and Pesic can play in transition too. Big man like Arigbabu and Dirk of course are very mobile too. And if we´d play without Bradley we wouldn´t be exactly small with two seven footers (Femerling, Dirk) in the lineup. But we´d have much more flexibility than with Bradley on the court.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:11 AM   #12
Fidel
Diamond Member

And with that lineup we can still go for the set play, with Dirk, Okulaja and Pesic as the main options.
Old 06-21-2002, 05:27 AM   #13
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Well, Bradley is not a small 7´6 guy ...

and I don´t like to see Dirk running up and down the floor all the time so "shortly" after his surgery ...

nevertheless - CuNellie should work out femerling, and we should play bradley at least to a certain degree ...

GO GERMANY (and first of all - kick the USA out of WC today)
Old 06-21-2002, 08:58 AM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

<< kick the USA out of WC today >>

Just did that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
And without Bradley or not...

LET`S GO GERMANY !!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:19 AM   #15
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

YESSSSS

it will be ok if you take revenge in indy ;o)
Old 06-21-2002, 03:42 PM   #16
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I am going to pull for Germany in the WC. The US team does not need our support, just give them their gold, and let the rest fight for sliver and Bronze
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote