Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-20-2002, 07:16 PM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

How about starting NVE so he will be more of a distributor type PG and bring Nash off the bench to backup NVE and Fin. Nash gets more rest and NVE's feelings will be soothed by starting. Nash has more shooting guard in him than NVE. This probably gets more out of both Nash and NVE. Nash plays against the other teams 2nd teamers and should kick bootie. If Nick is off, they can bring Nash in sooner.

Or not.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'd want nash starting the game playing the majority of his 30 minutes with dirk and fin
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 07:24 PM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< How about starting NVE >>

No thanks!
We had to take him to get LaFrentz, but I was against bringing him in from the beginning.
How about trading NVE asap?
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 08:04 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm afraid I would have to wash down tons of crack with booze to agree to let NVE start and sit Nash.

Trade Nick....play Steve!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 08:24 AM   #5
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Have you ever seen fans boycott a team??? Well if you wanted to see it, have Nellie pull some crap like that and fans will go absolutely APE SHIT!!!! NO WAY, would I be ok with that.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:49 AM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Nelson would ever do this, but I honestly don't think you could justify benching an All-Star. While it might make some sense from a gameflow standpoint, it will never happen.

Maybe the better move would be to get into a set rotation like Utah did with Stockton, where NVE and Nash are rarely on the floor together. That seems to be the key in everyone's mind to having a team on the floor that can defend at crunchtime and have Nash fresh enough to attempt to stay in front of his man.

Old 06-21-2002, 09:23 AM   #7
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Has hell frozen over and I don't know about it?
Old 06-21-2002, 09:28 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the &quot;NOTS&quot; have it....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote