Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-21-2002, 04:12 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone on this board should boycott Nellie
why you may ask?
the reasons are obvious
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in.
Old 06-21-2002, 05:40 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm in..of course,
that's two
Old 06-21-2002, 06:06 PM   #4
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< I think everyone on this board should boycott Nellie
why you may ask?
the reasons are obvious
>>

This for a coach that you like and think is one of the best in the NBA and got your favorite team 57 wins. I admire your loyalty.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< I think everyone on this board should boycott Nellie
why you may ask?
the reasons are obvious
>>

This for a coach that you like and think is one of the best in the NBA and got your favorite team 57 wins. I admire your loyalty.
>>

Man Murph wants everyone gone if u want Little Nellie to be the replacement he has no head coaching experience. IF they wanted Lil Nellie to be the head coach they should have done this 3 years ago its to late not to boycott Nellie when we are the best team we have had in a while and one of the best coaches in franchise history. This soudns so familiar &quot;NVE must be Traded&quot; &quot;Boycott Nellie&quot; Damn u would think we are the Chicago Bulls are something.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 07:09 PM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Indeed count me in. I am still hating on him for trading Robert Traylor, Pat Garrity and a pick for Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash. What does he know?
Old 06-21-2002, 07:23 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Oh, c'mon, y'all....

Murph was trying to do a sorority blackballing of a D-Mav.com poster who hath offended him. Even I caught that.

Right, Murph?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 07:25 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

you know my discontent for some of his ideas.. why would you think that mavskiki?
Old 06-21-2002, 07:26 PM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

I haven't seen much of a poster called Nellie but oh well
Old 06-21-2002, 07:27 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

<< This soudns so familiar &quot;NVE must be Traded&quot; &quot;Boycott Nellie&quot; Damn u would think we are the Chicago Bulls are something >>

no, not the chicago bulls..but no, they aren't where the lakers are either
Old 06-21-2002, 07:38 PM   #11
David
Golden Member

57 victories last year, 52 wins the year before. An improved record EVERY YEAR HE HAS COACHED THE TEAM.

He brought in Dirk, Nash, Raef, Bradley(oops) and re-signed Fin.

What has he done for yourdallasmavericks lately?

The term &quot;sports idiot&quot; leaps to mind.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:45 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

sports idiot, why do you keep referring to yourself that way. it can't be good for your psyche.

here we go again with your b.s.

I don't want to deal with the ... nevermind, .. let's just say that i disagree with you david
Old 06-21-2002, 07:51 PM   #13
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

This is just more shock value form a guy who has NOTHING better to do.

Nellie the coach and Nellie the poster are here and they contribute, unlike you Murph, who likes to stir the sh!t up as much as possible by saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Keep it up spare, I'd love to see you banned AGAIN!

BLG
Old 06-21-2002, 07:55 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

i love you too baselineguy.

i'm not going to sit here and take personal shots at you...that's fine if you'd like to do so
Old 06-21-2002, 07:56 PM   #15
scooterj5
Golden Member

I thought you were already taking personal shots at David
Old 06-21-2002, 07:58 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

not really.. he referred to me as a sports idiot.. and i thought i restrained myself rather nicely
Old 06-21-2002, 08:05 PM   #17
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

How did we end up down this road again? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Please don't answer that!
Old 06-21-2002, 08:05 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What would boycotting Nellie (either the coach or the poster) entail in practical terms?
Old 06-21-2002, 08:09 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

don't worry smiles, i'm not falling into BLG's trap.

and mavskiki.. what does discussing anything do?
does it have any impact on what decisions the mavs make?
Old 06-21-2002, 08:17 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Wasn't asking about effect (yet), rather the form that such a boycott might take--e.g., refusing to buy Nellie's designer line of fish ties; boycotting Nellie's favorite 12 brands of beer; refusing to watch any Maverick game over which he presides; etc. etc.; refusing to post on an online forum where the majority of posters believe him to be a Hall of Fame coach (&lt;clasps hands in prayer&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....etc.

Old 06-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

just a means to voice displeasure... the same as anything else... to voice displeasure..share ideas..encourage.
isn't that what boards are about?
Old 06-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #22
David
Golden Member

<< not really.. he referred to me as a sports idiot.. and i thought i restrained myself rather nicely >>

There is a difference in calling someone a sports idiot and saying, &quot;the term sports idiot leaps to mind&quot;.

Reading and comprehension.

Old 06-21-2002, 08:20 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< 57 victories last year, 52 wins the year before. An improved record EVERY YEAR HE HAS COACHED THE TEAM. >>

Okay, this is only ONE reason why the sky would fall in my world if we lost Don Nelson (or were even rumored)!!!
Old 06-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

david, i'm sure you have no problem admitting what you were actually implying.

Old 06-21-2002, 08:28 PM   #25
David
Golden Member

<< david, i'm sure you have no problem admitting what you were actually implying. >>

Are you mind reading now? We haven't had a Miss Cleo since RCF got the boot.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:31 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

david, is it that hard to read your mind?
Old 06-21-2002, 08:36 PM   #27
Smiles
Diamond Member

it doesn't take Miss Cleo to figure out someone knows when they are starting trouble.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:37 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

good point smiles
Old 06-21-2002, 08:39 PM   #29
David
Golden Member

<< david, is it that hard to read your mind? >>

I've been compared to the cartoon character, &quot;Quickdraw McGraw&quot;. His sidekick, &quot;Babalooie&quot;(sp) used to say, &quot;Quickdraw has a lot upstairs. No brains, just an empty lot.&quot; Read that.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:44 PM   #30
Smiles
Diamond Member

LOL
I love that! That's a good one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 08:45 PM   #31
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

why boycott nellie?

i like his rap music! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] whoa now shorty...
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 08:50 PM   #32
Smiles
Diamond Member

David, are you king midas in reverse? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #33
David
Golden Member

This space is for rent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 09:03 PM   #34
Smiles
Diamond Member

it's the sooong. grahm nashs!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #35
David
Golden Member

I remember the song title, but I don't remember the song.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #36
Smiles
Diamond Member

the empty lot joke you made just broughtit to mind. i can't find the lyrics right now. cool song though! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

it's not a real close correlation - just a good excuse.

sorry about the topic. oops.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 09:42 PM   #37
David
Golden Member

Yeah, let's get back to hatin' on Nellie.