Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-24-2002, 08:21 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it appeared to be something under his arm..maybe rib cage area.. i can't believe it, as well as he'd been throwing the ball,..with the rangers luck, you almost expect it at this point
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks. He is going to be a stud, but he is getting the fragile tag.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:44 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

well, hopefully it's nothing a couple of days off won't fix
in all honesty, there was no reason for him to be in that game with a 4 run lead.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:47 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

He is supposed to be sent down after the game anyway. He is a targeted player for up and down movement the rest of the way. He won't likely stay up unless the Rangers finally figure out that they need to cut Teleford and Burba.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:04 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

cordero?
he wasn't going down... benoit was the one that was just up for today then went down.

they were going to stick with cordero in the closer role
Old 06-25-2002, 11:19 AM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Can someone explain to me how come this team isn't better. I don't get it.. A Rod is an ABSOLUTE stud, I Rod is finally healthy. Palmeiro is slowing down a bit but still solid and others on this team are pretty good, why aren't they better?
Old 06-25-2002, 11:20 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Kid- they are actually playing very good baseball right now. 7-8 in a row now.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:47 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

i-rod just got healthy..juan has been hurt.. palmeiro has been banged up for a good part of the season.

the rangers have more players on the DL than the rest of the AL West combined.

i think we are seeing that some of doug melvin's moves are starting to pay off a bit... the minor leagues are looking like they have some pretty decent prospects in it
Old 06-25-2002, 01:16 PM   #9
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well that's why I would assume they would be better because I read something on their minor league players. Some of their minor leaguers (from a numbers standpoint) look better than the Yankees who supposedly have one of the best crop to choose from.

Yeah I know they're playing well as of lately, I was just wondering why they didn't start off that well. I forgot that Juan Gon has been battling injuries though.

This team has all the makings, that's what's so confusing or rather I should say frustrating. I actually kind of like this team mostly because their major guys are all guys that I like. I even have always liked Kenny Rogers as well.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:24 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

well...too much of the power has been missing from the middle of the lineup...however, the biggest key might be that Frank Cat has been out. He's one of the better hitters on the club..a good to very good leadoff hitter.. the rangers have desperately missed him setting the table.

with pitching..well, park has been out for most of the season..it looks like he might be finding his form since returning from the DL (at least i hope)... but, the big problem has been in the pen. the bullpen would have looked pretty good if Zimmerman and Powell hadn't been injured. They're probably the two best relievers on the club coming into the season...

young players that havs shown a little something in call-ups this season:
Mench ( a big surprise for me )
Benoit
Cordero
Bell
Lewis
Ludwick (sp?)
Old 06-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

player to look out for:
Hank Blalock (when he's called up again)
Old 06-25-2002, 01:39 PM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

Yes this team does seem promising.. Since I'm so frustrated with my METS right now, I need a new team to get into that seems interesting. Both Chicago teams don't in my eyes so I'm not even wasting my time with these teams here.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:53 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Blalock is up murph.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:28 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

are you sure he's up?..he's not listed as being on the roster
Old 06-25-2002, 08:23 PM   #15
Ghost Face

Ghost Face is on a distinguished road

<< He is supposed to be sent down after the game anyway. He is a targeted player for up and down movement the rest of the way. He won't likely stay up unless the Rangers finally figure out that they need to cut Teleford and Burba. >>

The next time you see Cordero sent down by the Rangers will be the last. He is out of options and I doubt he would clear the waiver wire, which makes his contributions of late all the more important.
Ghost Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:27 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Corderos option is good for the rest of this year. So that is inaccurate. Options aren't just one time things they are based on a year.

Cordero was placed on the 15 day DL today. Kenny Rogers is sidelined with sore ribs and will miss his start. Aaron Myette will come up and start for Kenny and take Corderos spot on the 25 man. As a result, Blalock is still in limbo. I look for Hank to go back to AAA. He has spent the last four days in Arlington without being put on the big squad.