Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-26-2002, 08:29 AM   #1
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

congrats to the brazil team...

it like a dream.....

germany germany germany.....
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

going to be one heck of a game. hopefully a classic.

too bad ballack won't play after getting the germans this far.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 11:05 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Great final. Glad to see Brasil in there instead of Turkey. I think it will be a very tough match.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS NOW.....

Germany - 1
Brasil - 0
Old 06-26-2002, 10:28 PM   #5
DTL
Diamond Member

i want to see more than one goal, but that's probably unlikely....

brazil 1
germany 0

better not be a PK shoot-out. actually, do they use that for the Final game? or is it Sudden Death to the bitter/sweet end?
Old 06-27-2002, 11:27 AM   #6
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Para frente Brasil!!! Mostra sua garra!!!

I predict a 2X1 victory for Brazil. The best part is that I will be in Brazil watching this game!!! That's how much I love this sport!!!....Not really, but I already had tickets to go to Brazil for our family vacation...The cup final is just icing on the cake....
Old 06-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm predicting both teams lose
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
stuportremens

stuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to all

<< i'm predicting both teams lose >>

playing the party pooper in a thread about a topic that doesn't interest you is the epitome of lameness.
stuportremens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:20 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

one post on the site and already a personal attack?

maybe there's a reason why i think they'll both lose?
one time will lose the game..the other will win and ultimately lose when their country erupts into riots...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
welcome to the board
Old 06-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #10
stuportremens

stuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to allstuportremens is a name known to all

Well, I've been reading the board for a while, and you only seem to post in soccer threads to express your disinterest for that sport. Which I find kinda lame.

As far as riots and such are concerned, you definitely won't see that in Germany on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure you won't see much of that in Brazil, either.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #11
stuportremens

Oh, and I sure don't mean to attack you personally.

I just happen to think that expressing disinterest in other people's threads is bad style. Just stay out of it. You had your &quot;soccer is boring&quot; thread and I respect your opinion on that, just don try to force it on others in threads where it is nothing but party pooping.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:37 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I am disinterested, too. No, wait.

Here it comes.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:58 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

who didn't see that goal coming?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2002, 04:10 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

if you've been reading threads here for long..you would know that i actually DO watch soccer.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:20 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

hmmmmm.....quick trigger finger...
Old 06-28-2002, 07:57 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

i'm predicting some goal scoring... 2-2...but, germany will on penetrations..sorry, wrong sport (that's how they used to break tie playoff games in texas..stupid, huh)

let's see.... germany will win the shoot out
Old 06-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Oh man...penetrations....I have't thought about that in years. The 20 yard line mystique. We would fight harder to cross the 20 in some cases than we would to cross the goal line. I hated that rule. It is so much better now.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:40 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

yep...definitely an idiotic rule.
almost as bad as what soccer has now.... it kinda cheapens a well played game/match
Old 06-28-2002, 03:42 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

I played for San Angelo Central High School in a game against Hurst L.D. Bell one year. We tied in a playoff game and they went forward because of penetrations. It sucked.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:14 AM   #20
DTL
Diamond Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALL LLLLLLLL!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:27 AM   #21
DTL
Diamond Member

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALL LLLLLLLL!

Ronaldo again!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:27 AM   #22
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !

and unfortunately the second

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !

damn it!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2002, 08:18 AM   #23
Novice#41
Golden Member

congrats to the world champion 2002

well done brazil !!!

but i have also to congratulate the german team

they did a great final game...

and they deserved to be the vice world champion

Old 06-30-2002, 08:51 AM   #24
DTL
Diamond Member

congratulations to brazil for its fifth world cup win!

and congrats to germany, too, for a great run. should be a great world cup in germany in 2006!
Old 06-30-2002, 09:18 AM   #25
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

FUCK FUCK FUCK
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #26
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

FUCK
Old 06-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #27
Fidel
Diamond Member

FUCK
Old 06-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #28
Fidel
Diamond Member

Ok enough,
I´m really upset cause we played great.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #29
Fidel
Diamond Member

FUCK
Old 06-30-2002, 09:58 AM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Great final and unfortunately for many Brasil won. Great World Cup by Germany. Nothing to be ashamed of.

classic world cup.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:00 AM   #31
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Sorry Fidel, your guys played great. Kahn played a great game the first half...Brazil had the chance to score more hadn't it been for Kahn. Anyway, there is a huge party going on here in Brazil. I just went into the town where I am staying at, and it is green and yellow everywhere!! Horns blowing, fireworks, etc...Lot's of partying going on...This puts any Cowboy championship celebration to shame!!!! Unbelievable down here...