Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-28-2002, 03:39 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I am stuck at home with the flu today. Anyone have any good home remedies.

I might even try them out, sort of a consumer reports for the ill.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #2
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

There´s something called Gelomyrtol. I´m not sure if you can get it in the US under this name but it´s made by a US company. It is a fully natural product (little capsuls with essential oils) and is the best you can get for the flu IMO. This medicine is great because you can feel it´s effect after 30 mins allready. You will be able to breathe freely and your head should be much better (sorry but I don´t have better words in english, it basicly eliminates the effects of the flu).

If you can´t get this medicine try anything with essential oils in it. They are the best for the flu.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

You can rest in bed and trying all the natural and artificial remedies and keeping your feet warm and the flu is going to go in 7 days.

Or you can do your normal activities, including drinking cold beverages, to walk barefoot in the cold floor, going to parties, etctera and the flu is going to go in a week.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (It was a joke)

My brother, a medical doctor, always tell me that 2 aspirins every 6 or 8 hours, a lot of liquids, and menthol in your chest or close to your nose or within a hot vaporizer, is the better remedy.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:15 PM   #4
Dirks Cuzin

Dirks Cuzin is on a distinguished road

my mammas a doctor and she said to keep your nose under the sheets so it can get warm, then blow your nose, it always works for me, or, apple cider helps. My mom also says that aspirin is bad for u, causes heart problems and maybe cancer, but HEY, what doesnt cause cancer, the smalles thing like Sweet and Low does.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:53 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Flu Shot. Had one every year for the last 8 and never gotten sick.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:52 PM   #6
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I get one every year, abd have not had a problem. Unfortunately I hadn't gotten to it yet.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:45 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two flu shots i nthe last twenty years...both years I got the flu. Never had it otherwise. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:16 AM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< I am stuck at home with the flu today. Anyone have any good home remedies. >>

Are you getting better, grbh?
Old 11-01-2002, 08:14 AM   #9
grbh
Platinum Member

thanks for asking, yes I am. Fever is gone, just fighting off a head cold.