Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-18-2002, 12:01 AM   #1
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

I thought I read somewhere this past week that Charles and Kenny had some sort of bet going that if Yao Ming scored more than 19 points in a game, Charles would kiss Kenny's butt on air. Well, Yao just dropped 20 on 9-9 shooting, so if this is true, we should all be in for a treat on TNT. Can anyone confirm this?
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2002, 12:33 AM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't heard anything about it, but it sounds like something Barkley would bet on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2002, 12:36 AM   #3
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

clutchcity was babbling about this earlier in the night, so it looks like it will be a REALITY. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

can't wait!

GO MING THE MERCILESS!!!!
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:47 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Chuck said he'd kiss Yao's butt, but I wasn't listening 100%
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 AM   #5
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

AP Recap (link)
LOS ANGELES (TICKER) -- Yao Ming has a date with Charles Barkley.

Forcing the boisterous Barkley to back up a bold statement, Yao had a breakthrough game with a season-high 20 points as the Houston Rockets survived an electrifying performance by Kobe Bryant in a 93-89 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

The top pick in the 2002 draft, Yao has struggled as he tries to learn American ways and NBA basketball. On TNT's postgame show Thursday night, co-host Barkley said he would "kiss his (rear)" if Yao scored 19 points in a game.

Barkley may have to pucker up. The 7-5 Chinese rookie was 9-of-9 from the field as he displayed an up-and-under move and a deadly perimeter jumper, several of the skills that had scouts raving about him over the summer.

DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Barkley is hilarious......and one thing you can count on about him is that he will keep his word. I doubt Ming is too interested though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:51 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Stock on inflatable Ming futures just shot way up.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:06 PM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

supposedly barkley is supposed to kiss mings ass.

when ming was told about this, he said "i hope i dont score above 18 pts then."

hahahah. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:51 PM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

This is the best gag to come off in a long while. Since Yao wants no part of Barkley's lips, I wonder how this will get settled, because they just can't let it go. Can't wait for the payoff !

kiki, you've got a point...bet there were a lot of fantasy owners hitting the Yao Ming button late last night. He'll probably go from "Most Dropped" to "Most Added" in the span of a week. Hilarious.

I'll reserve judgment for a year or two.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:47 PM   #10
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

From SlamOnline:

<< First of all, before we talk about anything else, we need to send a message to Sir Charles: Get ready, sucker.

Remember when Chucky said that if Yao Ming scored 19 in a game, he'd kiss Kenny Smith's ass? Well, check Yao's line from last night:
23 minutes, 9-9 from the floor, 2-2 from the line, 6 boards...and 20 points! He played really well, even if it was against Samaki Walker, converting a nice lay-up and foul late in the game.

Now, I'm sure Charles will try to weasel out of this, but I don't plan on letting anyone forget about this until it happens. (Also, there seems to be some confusion on the wager. though Charles did say that he'd kiss Kenny's butt, Stevie Franchise thinks Chuck's kissing Yao, which would be even better.)
>>

NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 05:05 PM   #11
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< I'll reserve judgment for a year or two. >>

i'll wait to see how he handles the &quot;rookie wall&quot;. he's been playing non-stop all year. it'll be interesting to see whether he'll break down at some point in the season.

and it'll be interesting to see how things work out with the Chinese national team next summer, when they have to play the Olympic qualifiers. hopefully, after the Wang debacle, all parties involved'll have learned something and Yao'll have a smoother NBA career.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:21 PM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

LINK

Smith expects Yao-basher Barkley to pay off bet Thursday
By DAVID BARRON
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle

America's long national nightmare is about to begin. In the wake of Yao Ming's 20-point performance Sunday night against the Lakers, Kenny Smith will require Yao-basher Charles Barkley to osculate his gluteus on national television.

And yes, that is as frightening as it sounds.

Smith said Monday he will make Barkley live up to a bet the two made Thursday night on TNT's Inside the NBA show. Barkley said that if Yao scored 19 points in a game this year, he would kiss Smith's behind.

Payoff time, Smith said, will come during halftime of TNT's broadcast of the Rockets-Mavericks game Thursday night.

&quot;I make people pay their debts,&quot; Smith said. &quot;Charles will pay his debt to society, no question about it. He will pay his debt, and it will be on camera.

&quot;Charles goes to Las Vegas a lot. In Vegas, you can't leave the table until you pay your debts.&quot;

Smith also hinted he has further humiliation in mind for Barkley but would not elaborate.

&quot;Charles even called me today, but I'm not answering his calls until Thursday,&quot; Smith said. &quot;I'm not giving him any way to get any kind of hint about what I have planned for him.&quot;

The wager grew out of Smith's assertion that if the Rockets are to return to the playoffs, Yao will become the team's best player.

&quot;Charles went bananas over that,&quot; Smith said. &quot;I wasn't knocking Steve (Francis) or Cuttino (Mobley), but I was saying that if the Rockets are going to win and get back in the playoffs, it's the big guy that's going to make it happen.&quot;

Smith researched the first few career games of Timberwolves center Kevin Garnett, who entered the NBA out of high school, and found that Garnett had similar numbers to Yao's over the first 15 games of their careers.

&quot;One thing jumped out at me, and that was the fact that Garnett had a 19-point game in that span,&quot; Smith said. &quot;I said that Yao will have a 20-point game and bump his numbers up, and Charles said that if Yao Ming scores 19 points, he would kiss my (behind).&quot;

Despite the frightening picture Barkley's payment plan will present to little children and sensitive viewers, Smith is resolute.

&quot;America,&quot; he said, &quot;is ready for this.&quot;
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys see Charles kiss Kenny's ASS?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 09:56 PM   #14
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

<< Did you guys see Charles kiss Kenny's ASS? >>

Kenny got a donkey named Kenny b/che said he was uncomfortable with charles kissing him anywhere on his body. Than Charles tried talking about something else but it didnt work so he kissed the donkeys ass.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 09:57 PM   #15
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Well I admit it. Yao is better than I thought.
But I hate it too, since he plays for the Rockets.
If heĀ“ll be worthy the NR.1 pick remains to be seen though.
Two good games do not make a great player.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 10:40 PM   #16
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Yao has talent but isn't strong enough for Shaq.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:04 PM   #17
BiteMeVescey

BiteMeVescey is on a distinguished road

I feel for that poor donkey. Hehehehehehe![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2002, 11:04 PM   #18
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< Did you guys see Charles kiss Kenny's ASS? >>

Kenny got a donkey named Kenny b/che said he was uncomfortable with charles kissing him anywhere on his body. Than Charles tried talking about something else but it didnt work so he kissed the donkeys ass.
>>

I hope that puts to rest any rumblings about a possible career in politics for Barkley. Can you imagine the opposition's campaign posters?

And as Smith pointed out, he didn't have do kiss the donkey's ass....anywhere on the donkey would've done.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:32 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Give Barkley some credit...not too many people would have kept their word in that situation. He's a lot of things, but don't say he doesn't keep his word.

That was funny, disgusting, and disturbing all at the same time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote