Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-05-2002, 03:12 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Per Star Telegram...

ESPN link

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2002, 07:25 PM   #2
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

I stand corrected!

BLG
Old 12-05-2002, 10:16 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that is starting to piss me off about this is that the Eastern media is starting to give Franchione the A-Rod treatment, saying it was all about the money.

Franchione takes a big payout from A&M, or if it had been UT, or OU, and he's greedy. If it was Penn State, Syracuse, Boston College, even Notre Dame -- the media would be lining up to kiss his butt.

It's okay for people to take New York money, but not Texas money.

BAH

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 10:24 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Great move. If it's wasn't RC, Dennis was the next best thing.

And while we're on a A&M note. Because of the RC firing, A&M has(apperently. according to Fox Sports) lost their #1 recruitee. He's headed to Iowa now. Don't know how big a loss it is but he was ranked among the best in the nation(#1 in Texas).

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 11:54 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

RC personified class.....period.

And that's from a Baylor Bear who has been programed to hate the Ags. I wish we could pick him up and bring him to Waco to right the ship here. That would be great.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:12 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I, for one am sick and tired of the praise being heaped upon RC. He was a class act on the field for sure. But I haven't seen one person mention that his best team went 10-0-1 (tie to SMU [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) and no one ever saw them because they weren't bowl eligible and weren't allowed on TV all year. Why? Because of recruiting violations. RC has an impressive record and was a good guy, but lets leave it at that. I have seen it on TV and heard it on the radio several times that RC ran a clean program- a statement that is simply not the truth.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 09:19 AM   #7
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

per Norm yesterday on the Ticket, Fran was lied directly to his face from the Bama folks on the investigation when he was interviewing for the job 2 years ago. They said it was to be very light, a slap on the wrist, but we all know what happened and apparently, the NCAA is NOT done.

BLG
Old 12-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about any of that Dooby, but at this point, we would take RC in a heartbeat. I don't want recruiting violations here ever....and I mean ever, but I still think RC can coach within the rules. Seriously though, I'd rather be 4-8 with an honest program than 10-1 with a program that is bound for NCAA sanctions. It's a philosphy shared here at Baylor that is tough to enunciate to off campus folks. It has likely resulted in our current football state, but I like the fact that our players are graduating and are honest upstanding young men with a moral backbone. (no slap intended to any other school who obviously produce young men of similar character) I am proud of our boys and will always support them...regardless of results. Even in defeat they make this campus proud.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 10:27 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Doc, if SMU had a coaching vacancy, I'd hire RC in a heartbeat. My point is, they shouldn't whitewash his career.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 04:56 PM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

<< Great move. If it's wasn't RC, Dennis was the next best thing.

And while we're on a A&amp;M note. Because of the RC firing, A&amp;M has(apperently. according to Fox Sports) lost their #1 recruitee. He's headed to Iowa now. Don't know how big a loss it is but he was ranked among the best in the nation(#1 in Texas).
>>

Franchione will more than make up for one or two lost recruits because of this move. He is a master at recruiting and is more willing to go out of state than RC was. We should see a mark up in talent at A&amp;M within the next few years.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 08:25 PM   #11
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

My issue is that a$m with all it's loyalty and tradition just hired a guy who LIED to every player who wore a Bama uni and jumped ship the minute he could. Need I remind you he NEVER addressed his own players who HE asked to weather the storm? On top of that, he was quoted as saying he was staying at Bama.

I think he needs to change his name to Franocio! It suites him better.

BLG