Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-31-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm not saying some people don't post correctly, but some of you have more post in the Word Association than some people have regular post. These 5 people are the ones who i can think of that always post on topic and not in just one word or one sentence.

1.ROB W R
2.Rylan
3.Nowitzki-prophecy
4.FilthyFinMav
5.Nash13
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2002, 11:21 PM   #2
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

i dont think u can count the mods, because some of their posts are spent riding members like myself for nothing. it could be worse though, i could use this board to brag about where i sit every game. i wont be posting as much as i use too.
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 11:33 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< i dont think u can count the mods, because some of their posts are spent riding members like myself for nothing. >>

I think when they get on people, they send them Private Messages to whom they are referring to. I don't every remember them calling people out where everybody can see.

By the way, if you are a true poster, and i didn't say your name, don't feel bad b/c those were the people i thought of off the top of my head.

Happy New Years
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 01-01-2003, 02:40 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

That is a great sign of self-confidence that you would rate yourself as the 5th best &quot;top true poster&quot; on this board...
Old 01-01-2003, 05:51 AM   #5
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

no they say it to some in PMs like they're supposed to, but they call me out on the board. i can direct you to a few threads im sure
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:46 AM   #6
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< That is a great sign of self-confidence that you would rate yourself as the 5th best &quot;top true poster&quot; on this board... >>

I didn't notice that - LOL. Someone thinks a lot of themselves.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:03 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<< I'm not saying some people don't post correctly, but some of you have more post in the Word Association than some people have regular post. These 5 people are the ones who i can think of that always post on topic and not in just one word or one sentence. >>

The Word Association thread hardly needs defending, but I find many interesting thoughts conveyed there in simple, one-word posts--sort of like a hoop fan's haiku.

Conciseness is a virtue.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

<< That is a great sign of self-confidence that you would rate yourself as the 5th best &quot;top true poster&quot; on this board... >>

Well like i posted earlier, i said those were off the top of my head. Come to think of it, Evilmav2, you deserve to be in the top 5, you've been posting here longer than anybody. Which is my point that you've been here since March of 2001, and you have 1425 posts, while some people have been here for 2 or 3 months and they almost have the same amount.

~The Salesman
Old 01-01-2003, 12:52 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Wow, Me #1? Thanks. I personally wouldn't put myself in the top 5.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 01:24 PM   #10
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

I think I should be top 5 or 10, I don't even post in the word association thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 04:26 PM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

My Top 4 Quality guys are, in no order --

Bayliss
Hoopsmeister
MFFL
Dooby

After that, you drop another tier.

RCF.. dude, why are you trippin? You get let back on the board and this is how you respond. Believe me, the reason that you are called out publicly is because everything you do has to do with talking trash to other people for no reason, and the mods in particular. You're calling us out publicly, so why shouldn't we do the same? Dish it, take it. And let's also not forget that you originally came from LMF, where you did nothing but troll and flood the board with empty messages. You've done some actual discussion on this board, and I give you credit for it. But thus far, it's been overshadowed by your insistence on being a turd. So.. either appreciate the fact that you're not banned, or pay the price.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 04:29 PM   #12
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

My top 10, in no order....

UberDirk
FFM
Fidel
KG
Bayliss
Chiwas
LRB
Outlet
Hoopsmeister
Ocelot-Ark
Old 01-01-2003, 04:34 PM   #13
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Rhylan removed, LRB added!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #14
Nash13
Diamond Member

Just curious, where would you guys rank me? I would say that i am a true poster.

Where would you put Rylan, Nowitzki-Prophecy, FilthyFinMav, ROB W R?

~The Salesman
Old 01-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I forgot about some dudes...

UD's list made me remember a few excellent posters (although not UD himself.. lol.. this ranking yourself stuff is classic)

bottom line is we've got a good collection of members here!
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 05:09 PM   #16
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Rhylan, you have insulted me, im moving you off my list! Why am I not a good poster?
Old 01-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

This is the most subjective thread I've ever seen in D-M.

MY top five:

2.- Southern_Sweets
3.- Mavkiki
4.- OuletPass
5.- Hoopsmeister
6.- Veruca

The criteria were, who lives closer to Ghana but at the same time makes the best chocolate chips in his/her home in game nights, also that has contributed less in the growing of the ozone hole on Antartica.

Sorry, they are the second to sixth places, I don't know why but I found myself in first (and I don't even know how to cook).

Edit. UberDirk added. (What place do you want, amigo?)
Old 01-01-2003, 05:27 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

ahh what the hell, I'll add mine.

In no particular order.

dj
The Kid
Rhylan
Bayliss
southern sweets
Evilmav (and gang [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
MFF
MFFL
Dooby
Hoops
Chiwas
Fidel
BBL

Ah f*** it. I could go on and on considering i've been here since day 1. I know theirs some I've missed.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 05:29 PM   #19
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< My Top 4 Quality guys are, in no order -- >>

<< Bayliss >>

<< Hoopsmeister >>

<< MFFL >>

<< Dooby >>

And of course theres UD' 10 men list,where im not in.
good to know im loved. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i think chiwas had put it in the best way when he said:

<< This is the most subjective thread I've ever seen in D-M. >>

you cant snap at someone about his choices,its very subjective,there are no facts here.
If it matters so much to everyone i'd be happy to give my place in Nash13 list for him.
btw,thanks for man,for puttin me in there in the first place,good to be recognized. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 05:45 PM   #20
Chiwas
Guru

Prophecy added to my list.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #21
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I´m not going to provide a list or something.
I just wanted to say that I respect each and every member of this board who´s trying to make some valuable contributions. And that goes for the guys I usually disagree with too. It only makes it more intressting and adds to the fun. I can´t forget to mention DJ here, who makes it all possible.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:44 PM   #22
Chiwas
Guru

<< I´m not going to provide a list or something.
I just wanted to say that I respect each and every member of this board who´s trying to make some valuable contributions. And that goes for the guys I usually disagree with too. It only makes it more intressting and adds to the fun. I can´t forget to mention DJ here, who makes it all possible.
>>

This makes more sense. Good post, Fidel.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:20 PM   #23
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Chiwas my friend, i'll take 7th place if its still open? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #24
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Rhylan removed, LRB added! >>

Thanks UD. Surprise to even be mentioned at all in a positive manner.

By and large there are a lot of great posters here, some very good ones, and a select few which don't bring much of value. A top anything list would have to be better known for those left out because there are so many deserving of praise. Let me just say thanks to all you bring interesting and contrasting points of view, fabulous research and articles, and the very important humorous relieve from a at times all to serious world. Thanks, Happy New Year, and keep up the good work.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #25
Chiwas
Guru

<< Chiwas my friend, i'll take 7th place if its still open? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

It´s yours, UD! Happy New Year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 07:45 PM   #26
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

<< &lt;&lt; I´m not going to provide a list or something.
I just wanted to say that I respect each and every member of this board who´s trying to make some valuable contributions. And that goes for the guys I usually disagree with too. It only makes it more intressting and adds to the fun. I can´t forget to mention DJ here, who makes it all possible. &gt;&gt;

This makes more sense. Good post, Fidel.
>>

Thanks Chiwas, you are on my list now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 07:51 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

<< Thanks Chiwas, you are on my list now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. >>

Hey, you too; is 8th fine for you or you want some better? I'm getting bored in first...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 08:00 PM   #28
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

My top 5 (in no particular order) and some honorable mentions:

Chiwas - makes me feel appreciated and always has something to contribute every day
DJ - we wouldn't be here if it weren't for DJ...he is the man!
Doc - over 10,000 posts is true dedication and he's a nice guy, smart too (a hard to find combo)
Evilmav - Always sticks by his opinions, a true Mavs fan...and he can cook, what's not to love?
Madape - Keeps things from getting boring and he has nice teeth

Honorable Mention: (in no particular order)

Robert Wayne, aka Rob WR (not in top 5 for hating cats)
BLG - lucky to be on my list due to misguided feelings about the Saints (currently on my s*** list though)
Veruca - everybody likes veruca
N_P - contributes a lot of intelligent opinions on B-Ball and everything else
Senor Frog - he's just greatness, one game day thread he made my day
MFF - Keeps the quality aricles coming, great source of info and a terrific mod too
...oh heck, everybody. I could go on forever. I love you all, except one or two people I just don't like anymore.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I only have a Bottomw 5 posters list....everyone else contributes in differing ways that make this place fun.

I think we should allow murph to post his list again since this topic has been so warmly received.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:37 PM   #30
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

chiwas, thanks mi amigo! But edit your list and add me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Fidel, that is quite true.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:00 PM   #31
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Veruca is cool. But she'd hate me saying that.
UD, well, who else would I like to beat more in the VGM!!
BLG, Doc, Evilmav2, Madape, Senor Frog would be cool to have a beer with.
Chiwas has this understated humour.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the top would have to be me..after that, it's more or less just a jumbled mess of ..there's a few people that stick out but not many
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #33
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

There are WAY TOO MANY good posters here to limit it to 10...maybe a better way to judge it:

The people who you generally disagree with BUT have a lot of respect for:

--I'll mention Kiki, Rhylan, MFFL and David.

Fun posts Always:

--Obviously Mad and Evil, BLG, Chiwas and for sheer insanity, the ever lovable, cantankerous UD. (see somebody loves ya)

Objectivity and &quot;contributions (read: Intelligent and polite):

-- Hoops, Dooby, Dude, LRB, Bayliss, Ocelot

Fun to discuss similar views with:
-- DRBio, Fidel, FFM, NP, KG (Big Time)

Murph's new to me...can I give a &quot;Veteran, yet rookie&quot; award ?

And the &quot;All Around International Eddie Najera Award&quot; goes to .... Chiwas and the twins.

And, yes, I have a bottom 5...
--Thankfully, ALMOST all have left !!!

SPECIAL AWARD: Funniest thread of the year - &quot;Mavs gear that I own&quot;

bottom line is we've got a good collection of members here!

Amen to that Rhylan.

NOW DO I GET MY ASS KISSING AWARD OR NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 11:01 PM   #34
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

<< Veruca is cool. But she'd hate me saying that.
UD, well, who else would I like to beat more in the VGM!!
BLG, Doc, Evilmav2, Madape, Senor Frog would be cool to have a beer with.
Chiwas has this understated humour.
>>

Well, funnily enough, I was actually going to give my top 5 cool posters, as this
does seem a bit of a popularity contest.
I'm clearly 1 through 5 though.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest, the top 5 poster bit is a load or horse crap.. i find it difficult to believe that anyone other than me could come up with a list that was actually objective.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:14 PM   #36
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many good posters here that I am afraid to list them all, for fear of leaving someone out...

(also, Nash13 I hope you know I was only joshing you about your initial post- I have nothing but respect for your contributions)
Old 01-01-2003, 11:22 PM   #37
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

&quot;the ever lovable, cantankerous UD. (see somebody loves ya)&quot;

Oh Outlet my friend, most everyone who truly know's me loves me! But your love is a nice bonus [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 11:27 PM   #38
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< Oh Outlet my friend, most everyone who truly know's me loves me! But your love is a nice bonus [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

I think I'm going to be sick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #39
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

why are you going to be sick? Sick of losing in vgm? Sick of being a girl, rather women? Sick of because you looked in the mirror? Sick because your crab icon is a bit chubby? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #40
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Also, thanks for the compliments Nash13, Rob, Sweets, OzMavs, and Outlet. I don't know if they are deserved, but I certainly have to say that I have enjoyed all of y'alls posts as well...