Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-08-2003, 03:55 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Let me apologize for myself and others for the excessive teasing about being UberDirk. It's clear that you aren't. Hope that you will continue to stick around. A testosterone laden board can always use all the female posters it can get.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

Kick me off then. There's a reason I don't post here more often. Trolls run rampant here for far too long. Good riddance.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:20 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Say hi to everyone in Salem for us.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:31 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Apology to Nash13; his good and subjective but popular thread was spoiled from some morons who wanted to be mods for a while. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] (those mexicans!)

The jokes aside, if this has been turned serious, it´s my oppinion that everybody can post over here, included UD, if the First Amendment is considered as a good frame of reference in a virtual mean such as this forum, and it includes the protection of the rights of third persons. I think that mods in this place have been flexible enough to permit almost everything in the posting and also sensitive enough to take care of integrities.

I have been thinking today that it isn´t my job to look after the D-M rules, if somebody brakes them, but to respect them and enjoy the posting.

Sorry people, if somebody was offended by me.

Old 01-08-2003, 04:31 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Sorry about the Troll comment as well. It appears the poster has had a pentance put upon them for that one. BTW don't think you're a Troll either.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:32 PM   #6
senorfrog

Screw yourself Rhylan. You wouldn't recognize a troll if it grabbed you by the nuts. It doesn't take a degree to spot one. Some mod.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #7
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I'm pretty sure Rhylan is Uber Dirk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I'm pretty sure Rhylan is Uber Dirk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

hee hee
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, Sturm emailed me this morning from her work account, so it just happened to include a signature with her contact info on it. It's not the fact that this stuff can't be fabricated easily, because it can, but it's relevant because THAT's not the behavior of a troll. UberDirk's and RCF's masquerading as &quot;real&quot; users don't leave footprints.

She's legit. I did the research to make sure she was legit, and I came to the correct conclusion. I asked everyone somewhat nicely to stop accusing her, and it didn't stop. So I asked not so nicely for everyone to stop it. We don't need people publicly calling out new members as trolls.. this has been a recurring theme around here... the problem is that when it happens, you get all this groupthink and everybody goes bonzo like a bunch of aborigines jumping around a fire with sticks.

If you think somebody is a previously banned member, say it once. We'll check it out. As soon as you guys thought Sturm might be UD, I checked it out. And I determined that she is legit, because it's my responsibility, and it's my call. Once I say it's cool, then it's cool, and people shouldn't run around playing traffic cop. You don't have access to the info we have access to!

The fact is simple..I'm a mod, so that means I have access to information on this board that you don't. I've also been working in the Internet industry, oh, since September of 1996. That also means I have knowledge and experience necessary to properly interpret the information. I'll gladly provide you with the same information, and you can gleefully take up the task of proving me wrong. Until then, I think you should shut it.

Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< I'm pretty sure Rhylan is Uber Dirk. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

you are wrong.

I am Uber Dirk.
and Joe Joe
and RealClipsFan

Hell, I'm even Rhylan too. I'm BaseLineGuy. I'm DocBio. and Murphy3.

I'm yo Daddy. Your Daddy's Daddy. Your Daddy's Daddy's Daddy.

I'm RobWR. I'm DJ Backlash. I'm Chiwas.

and I am Emmitt Smith.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #11
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<<

you are wrong.

I am Uber Dirk.
and Joe Joe
and RealClipsFan

Hell, I'm even Rhylan too. I'm BaseLineGuy. I'm DocBio. and Murphy3.

I'm yo Daddy. Your Daddy's Daddy. Your Daddy's Daddy's Daddy.

I'm RobWR. I'm DJ Backlash. I'm Chiwas.

and I am Emmitt Smith.
>>

haha. But you ain't OzMavs!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #12
senorfrog

I understand what your saying, but you still act like a prick. What if I said I think you should shut it and let's leave it at that.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:20 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...let me assure you that she is not Uber. Any other threats directed at her or anything else said negatively about her on the subject..well, you'll have my wrath and the wrath of the mods on your ass.
give a friend of mine a break...

trust me, i hate the dirk77 crap as much as anyone else. However, she is not dirk77 or uber or anything similar to that
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:38 PM   #14
senorfrog

<< hmm...let me assure you that she is not Uber. Any other threats directed at her or anything else said negatively about her on the subject..well, you'll have my wrath and the wrath of the mods on your ass.
give a friend of mine a break...

trust me, i hate the dirk77 crap as much as anyone else. However, she is not dirk77 or uber or anything similar to that
>>

It's a board for God's sake. We're not talking about Ghengis Khan and murdering here. Wrath is reserved for God and bad Star Trek movies. I too believe that Rhylan is Uber and Elvis for that matter, incognito. That said, let cooler heads prevail. I'll try to tone down the rhetoric.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:54 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

Hey guys I just started this thread to APOLOGIZE to Strum, not to start an discussion as to who is UberDirk and certainly not for posts giving her a hard time. Can't you start another thread for that kind of crap.

Really Strum there are a few gentlemen on the board. As soon as I find out who I'll let you know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #16
senorfrog

<< Hey guys I just started this thread to APOLOGIZE to Strum, not to start an discussion as to who is UberDirk and certainly not for posts giving her a hard time. Can't you start another thread for that kind of crap.

Really Strum there are a few gentlemen on the board. As soon as I find out who I'll let you know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

Absolutely LRB. You're such a gentle-snowman, I concede.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:28 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The mods have been doing an aggressive job on the trolls. I really appreciate it. And I never thought Sturm und drang was anyone else - I might have been wrong but the posting style was considerably different.

I hope Sturm comes back.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:51 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

Great post MFFL.

And for the love of God give Rhylan a break guys.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:30 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's definitely annoying to see people ragging on a friend because of their own misconceptions...get off of sturm's back.

and yes, rhylan is taking an active role to keep this board troll-free. get off of his damn back

and i reserve the rights to unleash my wrath anytime i please
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:05 AM   #20
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I've made one apology to Sturm on the original thread and will now make another. I'm sorry that my joke about the &quot;green wig&quot; was taken the wrong way. It was meant as a joke and nothing more. I'm pretty perplexed by all that ensued afterward.

Certainly, it was not meant to harass or &quot;threaten&quot; anyone. If she would like to PM me on this, I'd be more than happy to explain why it was a joke and nothing more than a joke. Failing that, I hope that she reads this or Murph passes it along.

I'd hate to feel that MavTalk is her only outlet for her love for the Mavs.

Old 01-09-2003, 01:25 AM   #21
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Murph prefers that all ragging be directed at him only.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:05 AM   #22
LRB
Guru

<< Murph prefers that all ragging be directed at him only. >>

Screw you Murph. You attention seeking weenie.

How's that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 02:39 AM   #23
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

....But Daddy, i want an UberDirk NOWWWWW!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 02:44 AM   #24
LRB
Guru

<< ....But Daddy, i want an UberDirk NOWWWWW! >>

You wemen!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 01:48 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

verucas post above is one of the funniest that I have ever read here. Greatness.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:56 PM   #26
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Funnier still when UberDirk Dolls are being sold at a retail outlet near you !!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:52 PM   #27
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

<< Funnier still when UberDirk Dolls are being sold at a retail outlet near you !! >>

UberDirk dolls, haha, I bet they'd come with a 'parental advisory, explicit lyrics' sticker on the box...
Old 01-09-2003, 03:57 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

<<

<< Funnier still when UberDirk Dolls are being sold at a retail outlet near you !! >>

UberDirk dolls, haha, I bet they'd come with a 'parental advisory, explicit lyrics' sticker on the box...
>>

Yeah with dolls usually it's the other end that &quot;shit&quot; comes out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]