Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-10-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Kings and Timberwolves are going into overtime.

The Timberwolves had the lead, but Webber won a jumpball with 11 seconds left and slammed it home to tie it 103-103. He was fouled by Joe Smith.

With 1.3 seconds left in the game, he MISSED the ft for the win.

C'mon Timberwolves.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Timberwolves barely holding on to a 3 point lead as I type this.

At the end of the Mavs game, the announcers said that Webber was 4-11 from the field.

Wrong, he's 4-11 from the ft line.

OUCH!!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:20 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

114-109, Timberwolves lead.

17.6 seconds left, Kings ball.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Shewebb strikes again....hee hee hee.....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

look great one night...chumps the next...yeah Bibby is a great one...

course...I'll wait til the playoffs to shoot my mouth off...

payback = Christi's wife
Old 01-10-2003, 11:54 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Hey at least Webber didn't call an extra timeout. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2003, 12:35 AM   #7
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Hard to do when your hands are in your pants at clutch time, LRB.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:41 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Hard to do when your hands are in your pants at clutch time, LRB. >>

Not going to touch that OP. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 10:35 AM   #9
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I think if you are once un-clutch... you'll be always unclutch.
I'm saying that because I'm just like that no matter if I play bball or tennis with my buddies. I can only win games where I'm the underdog or when I'm leading big... sigh.
Does anyone has the same experience?? How do you help yourself to become clutch??
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #10
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

let me try to get this straight.

The Kings are down by 2 with less than 10 seconds on the clock (and the shot clock tuned off) against the T-wolves in Minnesota.

T-wolves have the ball (and the 2 point lead with less than 10 seconds on the clock) and Webber forces a jump-ball, wins the jump and breaks to the basket in perfect position, makes the basket (to tie the game) and draws a foul. Then he misses the foul shot (he is a 50% foul shooter this year, ouch)

Yeah, Webber just shuts down at the end of games.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:16 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

mcsluggo: you miss an open shot with no one guarding and no one pressuring the shot. This that could have won the game for your team, and you miss it. Yep, I'll call that a choke. It certainly isn't clutch. CWeb choked this game. The great ones will shoot a much higher FT% in this situation. They will miss occasionally, and it will be said that they choked. When MJ missed FT's in the final minutes of the game and ended up losing because that, it was said he choked to. Just didn't happen that often.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:36 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Hard to do when your hands are in your pants at clutch time, LRB. >>

hahaha
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:02 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

webber didn't choke..a bad FT shooter missing a free throw isn't choking..it's being a bad free throw shooter..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
i'd rather him be a bad free throw shooter consistantly than be a good free throw shooter that chokes during the clutch..

why?, because the bad free throw shooter will miss enough free throws along the way to hurt the team..moreso than just a guy that chokes on his chicken late in the game at the charity stripe
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:44 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

But Murphy isn't a bad FT shooter nothing else than choking your chicken every other trip to the line? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2003, 09:07 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nah, it's just not being a good free throw shooter..

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:53 AM   #16
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Do you think teams can employ the 'Hack a Webber' strategy??
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:42 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

<< Do you think teams can employ the 'Hack a Webber' strategy?? >>

It might make him cry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 09:14 PM   #18
Trinity

Trinity is on a distinguished road

Webber has always been a choker, even in college. The flop five even could'nt rely on this dope. Rose and &quot;gasp&quot; Howard were always their big guns in the clutch. I once went to college with a guy that had a Duke National Champ shirt that had two hands signaling for a TO and said Duke NAtional Champs on the back. I had the Catholics vs. Convicts ND shirt, but could never find a Webber TO shirt. You guys should break something similar out if you meet them in the playoffs.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote