Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-11-2003, 02:01 AM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to see after tonights game if there is any Mavs fans left still clinging to the delusion that we would have been better off drafting Paul Pierce instead of Dirk? (Yeah I know we didn't draft Dirk directly, but we could have worked the same deal to get Pierce)

I for one am supremely glad we got the big German. Not that Pierce would have been a total loss, because it wouldn't have. But I don't think the Mavs would have been doing near as well as they are with Pierce.

Added Bonus: Pissing off all the Boston Fans who don't get to see Larry Bird's enhanced clone in Celtic green.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:21 AM   #2
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

Well said LRB. Everyone knows that they are secretly pissed out there in Boston. Expect someone to comment anyway. I think Nellie likes to rub it in their face a bit. Even the great Uberdirk would have been like "what are they doing go to Finley Nash u idiot, do u want Dirks arms to fall off before the end of the 1st quarter"
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #3
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

I won't even discuss this. Dirk is the man, and Pierce is great, but you know what? Nellie did the great thing, and everyone is just playing for second. The next Larry Bird, and everyone knows it. You go Dirty Dirk, and you get your Eroe thing going. The only competition is between Dirk, and Steve to see who gets the best looking babes.....
Old 01-11-2003, 04:01 AM   #4
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know what happened to Paul perce? his shooting percentage is horrible, I mean I would have taken Dirk over Pierce even when Paul was playing well but there's no question now. Allen Iverson is playing better than Pierce.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 07:50 AM   #5
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

what a dumb question, of coarse in the first year after the draft i was irate and totally furious and fuming that Nelson could be so F^%$in stupid, looks like he got the last laugh, and again with Nash, the list goes on but why bother. Chris Antsy was a joke, Bruno Sundov sucked, Martin Murseep blew, but hey if all those mistakes result in one Dirk, i will never again doubt Don Nelson's judge of talent, (even though his son deserves most of the credit for both Dirk and Nash).