Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-12-2003, 07:13 AM   #1
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Maybe we do have some defence somehow with the zone working,but the way things are looking at the board,its worse than ever.
i think we've bean beaten on the boards for 13,or 14 straight,and im not talking about 2 or 3 boards disadvantage,im talking about 13,14,15,16 and even 17 boards less than the opponents.
i think its probably the #1 cause of our losses of late,and something has to give.
maybe now that Eddie is back,he'll put some energy in the players,i dunno,but something has to change.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2003, 07:31 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< Maybe we do have some defence somehow with the zone working,but the way things are looking at the board,its worse than ever.
i think we've bean beaten on the boards for 13,or 14 straight,and im not talking about 2 or 3 boards disadvantage,im talking about 13,14,15,16 and even 17 boards less than the opponents.
i think its probably the #1 cause of our losses of late,and something has to give.
maybe now that Eddie is back,he'll put some energy in the players,i dunno,but something has to change.
>>

I think that eddie will help, at least he will be a viable rebounding small forward. Finley also has fallen off every month by another rebound.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #3
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

maybe he would help but he would certainly would'nt solve the problem all by his own.
maybe its a mental thing,i mean,the players rebounding abileties are good,maybe its just something about the attitude.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:02 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't that a weird game last night for our bigs. It's no wonder they seemed timid out there because the inside fouls were being called hot and heavy..

Raef 6 fouls in 16 minutes
Eschmeyer 4 fouls in 10
Najera 4 fouls in 11

It just seemed like a real unevenly ref'd game inside. But I do think we gave garnett quite a few boinks on the noggin. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

Raef picking up quick fouls isnt new,but 6 in 16 is too much even for him,thats just too much.
Evan and Eddie just got back from a long injury so i'll give them time 'till i start complaining about their game,though Eddie wasnt that bad.

giving KG a good woopin is a good start,now we need the entire team to gang bang the bitch.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:21 PM   #6
FlyinGK22

FlyinGK22 is on a distinguished road

ya raef's quick fouls last night screwed us over big time. we couldve used some big inside help desperately last night.
Rank: #1 in Midwest Division, #1 in Western Conference, #1 in the NBA

Next game: Sun, Feb 23 @ Wizards
FlyinGK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 05:58 PM   #7
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Cant believe it! Raef fouled out in 16 minutes? I thought najera would help in this victory but he didnt get alot of playing time and this was just one of those heart breakers game.