Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-12-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I am by no means trying to bash our moderator MFF, but being he is a moderator of this board I believe a moderators job is to not make this place a Mavtalk II. But when your moderator's behavior on the board belongs on a board like Mavtalk how can we keep this board safe from people like this. I just want know is MFF being sarcastic or not. HE/she has said they are serious but I have a seriously hard time believing someone isn't being sarcastic when they say they'd take Wally Szcerbiak on there squad over Finley.

I recently just came over from Mavtalk and I go over there and there behavior is no where near like it is over here. I was suprised. I left Mavtalk because of this reason and to see it come over here is depressing. I do not want to start any beef with any members on this site but I just believe there is a problem on this board and it should be fixed before it gets out of hand. If I am contributing to this problem I will happily try my best to prevent myself from doing so. I think one of our main problems is sarcasm. Though I do agree with David on his Nellie posts I do not believe sarcasm is needed to make a point.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2003, 07:25 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Why should MFF think any more of Finley than most of the posters here? Finley rarely gets the respect he deserves and is roundly criticized by most posters. If Dirk or Nash miss a game winning shot, then it is blown off. Finley misses, and everyone piles on.

I hope Finley gets traded. He deserves better than he is getting from the Dallas fans.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Why should MFF think any more of Finley than most of the posters here? Finley rarely gets the respect he deserves and is roundly criticized by most posters. If Dirk or Nash miss a game winning shot, then it is blown off. Finley misses, and everyone piles on.

I hope Finley gets traded. He deserves better than he is getting from the Dallas fans.
>>

You know when you posted this last time I agreed. I strongly agree now. You even notice it at home games. When Dirk makes a jumper the crowd goes wild. When Fin makes one you get no way near as much of a reaction. I believe it has to do with mostly some Mavs fans are new and only know Dirk and Nash. But I agree if Fin were traded I would be happy for him. THat doens't mean I want him traded though. I hope he retires a Mav.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 07:32 PM   #4
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

I think all the mods are entitled to there opinions and should feel free to post whatever they feel like within reason. I don't think calling someone out specifically is in good taste.

Old 02-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I think all the mods are entitled to there opinions and should feel free to post whatever they feel like within reason. I don't think calling someone out specifically is in good taste.

BTW...I'd take Szerbiak over Finley too...IMHO
>>

I wasn't calling MFF out. I was just asking were they being sarcastic or what because it is hard to read over the board. I agree mods should be able to post whatever they want but Mods are suppose to set an example for the guests or members of this board. UberDirk was banned for the exact same thing MFF is doing.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

1st of all MFF is a she. I certainly can't speak for her, but I can understand why she was upset with Fin after last nights performance. But Fin has done more things to upset people than just last night. IMO Fin has underachieved this year with both his rebounding and defense which are 2 ares that the Mavs desparately need help. It has been Dirk steping up in these areas, which is great. But we need fin as well. Dirk is the best player on this team, but Fin is still the leader. He needs to lead by example as well. His example in these 2 areas has been less than stellar. Why? I don't know for sure. Fin is not perfect and anyone who expects him to be is being very unfair. However to complain about some lapses in leadership is not expecting perfection, just more effort in certain areas that are a team problem.

I like Fin. He is still IMO one of the better players in the league and still a big part of the Mavs success. But is Fin doing what could reasonably be asked of him as a leader? IMO I don't think so. That's a crticism not a condemnation. I think Fin can improve, and I hope he will. I personally would never take Wally World over Findawg. Part of the reason is I feel that Wally is a troublemaker and has more arrogance than talent. A deadly combination.

But as for MFF, she has every right to express her feelings and opinions on this board so long as she abides by the boards bylaws. Being a Mod doesn't strip her of that right. I may disagree or agree with what see says. It really doesn't matter which one. She has a perfect right to have and express the feelings that she has in her posts IMO. And I firmly stand behind her right to do so.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
senorfrog

This is a public forum. People express their opinions. I disagree with Seelanger, for example, but I respect his opinion. Uber was booted for personal attacks and deceit. We're talking apples and oranges here.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #8
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

<< UberDirk was banned for the exact same thing MFF is doing. >>

Thats a bit of a stretch FFM, to say the LEAST. I really don't see any problem at all with what she said.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

No.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:44 PM   #10
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<<

<< I think all the mods are entitled to there opinions and should feel free to post whatever they feel like within reason. I don't think calling someone out specifically is in good taste.

>>

I wasn't calling MFF out. I was just asking were they being sarcastic or what because it is hard to read over the board. I agree mods should be able to post whatever they want but Mods are suppose to set an example for the guests or members of this board. UberDirk was banned for the exact same thing MFF is doing.
>>

Not that's rich FFM. MFF has never posted anything near the filth that Uberdirk posted.
You say you're not calling her out. You just put her name in the title to the thread. You don't agree with her opinion and you're too immature to post an intelligent response. Grow up.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< I was just asking were they being sarcastic or what because it is hard to read over the board. >>

MFF has a serious beef with Fin. You would have to ask her if she really wants to trade Fin for Wally though.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

<<

<<

>>

>>

Not that's rich FFM. MFF has never posted anything near the filth that Uberdirk posted.
You say you're not calling her out. You just put her name in the title to the thread. You don't agree with her opinion and you're too immature to post an intelligent response. Grow up.
>>

It's never wise to pick on one of the wemen on the board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2003, 07:49 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<<

>>

>>

>>

Whoa bashing me for having an opinion is just as immature correct? I wasn't bashing MFF. I was basically asking was she being sarcastic because I have been on this board for awhile now and I have seen her back Finley up greatly. It could have been the play last nite to change her mind. I apologize for the UBER comparison. Didn't mean to compare her to him but just trying to state a point. Everyone is intitled with there own opinion but as you see when I give mine I get bashed for it? But MFF bashes one of my favorite players on the Mavs I can't question it?

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 07:50 PM   #14
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

Like frog said, it was done in poor taste FFM, I think you should have taken the PM route.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

UberDirk was banned for being a foul-mouthed and hostile jerk. MFF hasn't in all of her nearly 5,000 posts had as many foul words as UberDirk posted in some of the game threads. As for being hostile, MFF is anything but. I don't always agree with her opinions, but she is a very valid contributor to this site. Something that UberDirk was never able to fully achieve.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<<

<<

>>

>>

>>

It's never wise to pick on one of the wemen on the board. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

You know I had a feeling she was a female but there is a rare amount of females on this board. I have no beef with MFF or what she said but being she is usually a Fin defender I just questioned her sarcasm if that is what it was. I feel no reason to treat women any differently than I treat guys ont his board.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #17
senorfrog

You can question it, but don't call out the character of another poster. Intelligent debate speaks for itself.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:54 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Like frog said, it was done in poor taste FFM, I think you should have taken the PM route. >>

Your intitled to your own opinion but like someone said in this thread. This is a public board I am also intitled to my own opinion and see no where in the rules were I can't make a post asking someone are they being sarcastic.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 07:55 PM   #19
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< You can question it, but don't call out the character of another poster. Intelligent debate speaks for itself. >>

Where in the hell did I bash MFF? Am I seeing something you guys only see? I asked her was she being sarcastic. Ever since when is that so bad?

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 07:56 PM   #20
i.liek.basketball

i.liek.basketball is on a distinguished road

<< But when your moderator's behavior on the board belongs on a board like Mavtalk how can we keep this board safe from people like this >>

suggesting she belongs on mavtalk?
i.liek.basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:56 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

<< But MFF bashes one of my favorite players on the Mavs I can't question it? >>

FFM try to question the opinion and not the person. SenorFrog gave a great example about seelenjaeger. I disagree with some of his opinions on his homelands politics, but I highly respect him as a person.

MFF has been one of Fin's biggest fans since I joined the board. I was shocked at her change in position, but I'm also certain that she has reasons. I would ask her what those were and then debate them if I disagreed.

You have your right to a very different opinion. But if you call out a poster, be prepared to be called out yourself.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:58 PM   #22
senorfrog

Here's a direct quote from me...without sarcasm.

Michael Finley has been sucking pond water for a good part of the season this year. If he doesn't turn things around, I wouldn't be crushed if we had him traded. IF is the key here. The last thing we need is Finley pulling a Chuck Knoblauch on us.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:00 PM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< I feel no reason to treat women any differently than I treat guys ont his board. >>

This meaning was used by UD a lot but I think he hates women and possibly you don't. My oppinion is that we do have to treat women different, because they are still women, even posting on basketball subjects; but it's just my oppinion.

BTW, I think that you can cross some PM's with her and take away the topic from the public. I have done it with her before and we have understood the other better.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:01 PM   #24
senorfrog

Do we have to cut and paste half of this thread into General Mavs Discussion?
Old 02-12-2003, 08:02 PM   #25
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< But when your moderator's behavior on the board belongs on a board like Mavtalk how can we keep this board safe from people like this >>

>>

I said that referring to if she wasn't being sarcastic. I have no problem with debating about how Fin sucks but to just come in and say Fin sucks I do question being she even has Finley in her name.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #26
senorfrog

<<

<<

>>

I said that referring to if she wasn't being sarcastic. I have no problem with debating about how Fin sucks but to just come in and say Fin sucks I do question being she even has Finley in her name.
>>

Which in my opinion, gives her point of view more credibility, than if she went by FinleySucks (ala Bradleysucks member).
Old 02-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #27
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Before a Mod debolish this thread let me get across my intentions of this thread were. Making this post my assumption was she was trying to be sarcastic and fight fire with fire being there has been alot of Fin bashing lately. I didn't see it as calling her out. I didn't know questioning on this board would get so much of a response but MFF, if your offended I do apologize. I know your a strong Fin fan or were for that matter and this is why I questioned were you being sarcastic. It is hard for me to read sarcasm over the net.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

<< I feel no reason to treat women any differently than I treat guys ont his board. >>

Then be prepared to reap the consequences my friend. Our society does not take kindly to males acting towards females wth the same agression that is permissible towards other males. I didn't make those rules, but have found it wise to adhere to them. It your choice, but I'm warning you be prepared for the consequences.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:11 PM   #29
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<<

<<

>>

>>

Which in my opinion, gives her point of view more credibility, than if she went by FinleySucks (ala Bradleysucks member).
>>

I am not questioning or her loyalty or credibility to the board. THe reason for my post was becuase I know she is a Mavs fan. I was asking was she being sarcastic. It is a &quot;diss&quot; to question someone being sarcastic? I believe some on this thread have overreacted and some I have agreed and seen there persepectives of this situation.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:13 PM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

Then be prepared to reap the consequences my friend. Our society does not take kindly to males acting towards females wth the same agression that is permissible towards other males. I didn't make those rules, but have found it wise to adhere to them. It your choice, but I'm warning you be prepared for the consequences.
>>

I disagree. I was raised by very strong woman and maybe that is why I came off in this thread the wrong way. But I feel it is being more respectable to women treating them the same way you treat guys. Atleast the women I know.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #31
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

First, I'd like to say thank you to those that have distinguished that I'm not a troll solely here to bash Finley. I'm thankful for those that have stood up for me and recognize I'm no where near what UD was to this board.

Um, FFM, you obviously haven't read many of my posts. That's fine. There's probably not a poster here that would argue that I'm one of Finley's biggest fans. I have stood for him like few others have here night in and night out for how long now?

As for last night, no I wasn't being sarcastic like some have questioned me. At least those posters had the good taste to take it to pm's, not dedicate an entire thread in my loving honor.

And if you read my comment about Wally, I did NOT say I would trade Finley for him. I said I WONDER how many Dallas fans wish they had Wally instead of Finley tonight? Big difference, imo.

Does that mean I haven't had ideas like MFFL about wishing Finley were traded to another team? No, cause I have thought that way. I'd like to see Finley on a team where the fans are not taking every oportunity to nitpick something about his game. Even when he has a good game, someone here posts something that he could have done better.

I've debated with a lot of posters here, I've agreed with a lot of posters here on many different levels where Finley is concerned. I've been accused of being a Finley fan first, Dallas fan second.

How ironic that once I display a disgust with Finley's performance in a game, I've been thrown in with the likes of UberDirk.

You also point out, being that I'm a moderator of the board, that I'm to set an example. I thought I had. I haven't personally attacked someone in public. Have I had unkind exchanges with others in pm's? Yeah, I have. I'd like to think I've given as good as I got in some cases. Have I used language? Yeah, I have in some game threads, but I think it's been a while since I've dropped the s-word.

Being a moderator, I hadn't realized that I was stripped of my rights to applaud a player or coach on the Mavericks. Or that I had been stripped of my rights when I criticize a player or coach either.

Are there anymore questions I'm expected to answer when I make a comment on this board, being as I'm a moderator?
Old 02-12-2003, 08:23 PM   #32
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

MFF, read the posts again. No disrespect towards you and I have apoligize towards the Uber comparison so if you haven't read my posts again if you wish. Your intitled to your own opinion but I saw you as a strong Finley therefore I questioned were you being sarcastic. Am I the one wrong for questioning if anyone is being sarcastic?

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:37 PM   #33
senorfrog

You're wrong because your posts speak for themselves. If you were simply questioning whether MFFL was being sarcastic or not, you could have simply asked thatONEquestion. But instead, you dedicated an entire thread questioning the motives and thoughts of another poster. That, in my opinion, lays all your cards on the table.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:38 PM   #34
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'll make this simple then. No, I wasn't being sarcastic towards Finley last night.

I reacted after his poor decision and let it be known. No different from any other poster here on Maverick game day. I didn't say anything that other posters here haven't said towards Finley. In fact, I think I was rather kind compared to what some have said towards Finley.

Do I want Finley in a Maverick uniform? Well, let's just say that's changing a bit. However, as long as he's part of the Dallas team, he'll get my support night in and night out like I have always given it.

Will I breathe a sigh of relief if he is traded this deadline or perhaps over the summer? Yeah, I probably will.

And yes you have a right to question someones comment. It's just rude beyond belief to call them out in a thread. Next time, you should use the pm route
Old 02-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #35
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< You're wrong because your posts speak for themselves. If you were simply questioning whether MFFL was being sarcastic or not, you could have simply asked thatONEquestion. But instead, you dedicated an entire thread questioning the motives and thoughts of another poster. That, in my opinion, lays all your cards on the table. >>

&quot;I just want know is MFF being sarcastic or not.&quot;

DId you not see this? Or are you reading what you want? No you are the one wrong don't question what MY post or thread is referring to. I said I wanted to know if she was being sarcastic or not and I stand by that. Don't try to make something out of nothing that is not coo at all. We all our Mavs fans here or atleast I hope we all are.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I'll make this simple then. No, I wasn't being sarcastic towards Finley last night.

I reacted after his poor decision and let it be known. No different from any other poster here on Maverick game day. I didn't say anything that other posters here haven't said towards Finley. In fact, I think I was rather kind compared to what some have said towards Finley.

Do I want Finley in a Maverick uniform? Well, let's just say that's changing a bit. However, as long as he's part of the Dallas team, he'll get my support night in and night out like I have always given it.

Will I breathe a sigh of relief if he is traded this deadline or perhaps over the summer? Yeah, I probably will.

And yes you have a right to question someones comment. It's just rude beyond belief to call them out in a thread. Next time, you should use the pm route
>>

MFF, I beleive you are listening to other posters on this site. How am I calling you out? Or maybe I have a different definition of calling someone out. My definition is disrespecting someone in a negative manner. If that is what I did I apoligize. I admit I was wrong for the Uber comparison but that is it. I stand by everything else I have said in my posts.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #37
senorfrog

Did you see this?

<< I am by no means trying to bash our moderator MFF, but being he is a moderator of this board I believe a moderators job is to not make this place a Mavtalk II. But when your moderator's behavior on the board belongs on a board like Mavtalk how can we keep this board safe from people like this. I just want know is MFF being sarcastic or not. HE/she has said they are serious but I have a seriously hard time believing someone isn't being sarcastic when they say they'd take Wally Szcerbiak on there squad over Finley.
>>

How can you argue that? Ya...you're right in a literal sense as far as the question goes, but you sure have a funny way of asking the question.

MFFL...I suggest you lock the thread and we all stop debating the boneheaded posts of Filth.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:50 PM   #38
MavsFanFinley
Guru

You're wondering how it is that you called me out? Hello!! You made a thread about it questioning my character and behavior on the board. Going so far as to say that my behavior belongs on a board more like Mavtalk than here. Going so far as to say that we need to keep this board safe from people like me.

Here is your quote:

<< But when your moderator's behavior on the board belongs on a board like Mavtalk how can we keep this board safe from people like this. >>

Old 02-12-2003, 08:51 PM   #39
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Did you see this?

<< I am by no means trying to bash our moderator MFF, but being he is a moderator of this board I believe a moderators job is to not make this place a Mavtalk II. But when your moderator's behavior on the board belongs on a board like Mavtalk how can we keep this board safe from people like this. I just want know is MFF being sarcastic or not. HE/she has said they are serious but I have a seriously hard time believing someone isn't being sarcastic when they say they'd take Wally Szcerbiak on there squad over Finley.
>>

How can you argue that? Ya...you're right in a literal sense as far as the question goes, but you sure have a funny way of asking the question.

MFFL...I suggest you lock the thread and we all stop debating the boneheaded posts of Filth.
>>

Hmm well the post does start out with &quot; By no means am I bashing MFF&quot;. Anyway this was between me and MFF. I appreciate other posters who contributed with positive posts rather having my posts being called boneheaded. The pot is talking about the skillet.

1996-2005
Old 02-12-2003, 08:55 PM   #40
senorfrog

By the way, it's like the pot calling the kettle black,

Bonehead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Carry on in PMs then. Until then, this is public information.