Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-18-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

I'm willing to listen. If you want multiple threads for trade talk, let me know. I will not lock any further threads.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

One thread for trades.

And some rules for the polls.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I would prefer individual threads. That way each potential trade is discussed by itself.

I still don't see the problem. All of these threads will die a natural death on the 20th. If bandwidth is a problem, then delete them all on the 21st.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:12 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

there hasn't been an overabundance of trade threads...one trade thread makes little sense. it is impossible to talk the merits of the proposed thread if several other discussions are going on at the same time
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I think with the deadline so close, there is high interest in trades. Maybe after the deadline is passed. . .
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:15 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

so what arae you saying? thta you want multiple trade threads? ..if you voted jacktruth, you might have accidentally picked the answer that you were opposing instead of the one you wanted
Old 02-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #7
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

We can sew LRB some tighty whities with as many trade threads that we've got. Personally, I don't care either way.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:20 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

it is obvious, judging by the number of responses in most of the trade threads that there is a need and that people do want the threads to exist.
it should have never been an issue
Old 02-18-2003, 12:38 PM   #9
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

yes, a need exists with 3 people voting yes. and 3 people voting no.

why don't we wait until more votes come in before we jump to conclusions.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 12:41 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

aexchange, just look at what has happened in some of the trade threads.. it shouldn't have been an issue.

regardless of the outcome of the poll, there should have never been a poll.
it's simple, if someone doesn't want to read about trade talk, they can skip over the thread.

is this how it's gonna be where we have to vote to which subjects we want to talk about and it's simply majority rules?

guess what, this is a message board..judging by responses to most threads, more than half the people that post aren't interested in the majority of the topics..or aren't interested in posting.

what then? any subject that has less than 20 replies is outlawed from future discussion?

Old 02-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #11
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with one thread for trade talk.
I enjoy reading people's ideas about any trade, no matter how far out in left field it is. With one thread, it may be harder to read about a specific trade, but hopefully it'll cut down on the "man, that's a stupid trade, what are you an idiot!?" kind of posts. Those are really annoying.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 01:49 PM   #12
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I would like seperate threads. So I can weed out the ones that I'm not interested in.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 04:01 PM   #13
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Aexchange,
I understand why you installed that sticky trade thread. It´s kinda boring to go through the same unrealistic trade suggestions over and over again. And the board can be a little messy too. But that "one fit´s all" thread thing won´t work. I´ve been to msg boards for about ten years now and have seen similar things a couple times. Usually those threads become very clustered and complex. They aren´t newbie friendly, and a specific topic (trade suggestion) is very hard to find if you want to look back and the thread has something like 40 pages.

Your motives are good, but I don´t think it´s going to work. At least that´s my expirience. There should be multiple trade threads allowed. As dull as some of them are, new threads do make for a lively board. And as strange as it might sound they also make for a concise board.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #14
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I think we should have a NY Trade thread and a Atlanta Trade thread and make those locked to the top. That would stop the million different trade threads between dallas and those cities. If you start seeing more than 2 trade threads on a particular team, make one for that team and lock it too the top.

I like looking at trade threads but if it has to do with teams like New York and now Atlanta I just don't even read it.

Why can't djbacklash just make a folder that has NBA TRADE IDEAS on it. Would stop all of this.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 06:26 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Excellent suggestions Ummmmmm.

Old 02-18-2003, 07:18 PM   #16
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I think if someone has what they think is a legitimate trade idea, rumor or proposal they should be allowed to start a thread to discuss it.

It's silly to discuss NVE for Thomas, Raef for Sprewell and Dirk for Shaq in the same thread.

Hitman

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 07:51 PM   #17
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

I like having many different trade threads. When your talking about the same teams over and over then yes its annoying, but when I read something that is different and new then its alright. What I'm trying to say is that if we keep it seperated then it'll be a little easier to talk about that specific trade but if you have it all in one then while someone is talking about this trade and someone is talking about another trade then it would be confusing. I like both ways as long as I get to post.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:23 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

good answers
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]