Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-05-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

As things stand right now, Dave and Busters will be able to accomodate a party of around 15-20 in one of two different ways. The first, most likely possibility is that we will have a table that can accomodate 10-12 of us that will have a minimum tab of $150 and another nearby table with no minimum tab. The second possibility is that we will have a larger table that can accomodate 20, but that would require special permission to use without ordering a buffet (this sounds a little too elaborate to me).

I told the events coordinator that the first option is what we want- but I can change it if I have too- so if anyone has any other ideas feel free to PM me. Also, be sure to come early to get a seat at the large table. The reservations are for 6:00, but she said that early arrivals should have no trouble being seated. Any folks seated at the larger table also have to be aware that everything will be on one tab (although we can use a few credit cards on it), so bringing cash is probably a good idea.

I hope this doesn't sound too complicated, but making the reservations on a Friday night is during peak business hours for any bar. I imagine that 10+ folks should have no problems satisfying a minimum $150 tab (especially when Sweets is PMing me about creative drinking game ideas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]).

Again, the reservations will be under the name "Mavericks Fans" at 6:00 PM. If any of y'all feel like PMing me to tell me you are coming for sure, I will post a list of those attending...

As it stands right now, I know that the following will all be attending:

Me
Ape
Novice (and friend- both coming from Germany)
Sweets (coming from Austin)
Smiles
Murphy
Sturm and Drang
Aexchange and significant other
LRB
Outlet Pass + Wife + Son
MFFL
(I will update this list with all other posters who PM me)

Have a good one; it should be a boozing good time on Friday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]...
Old 03-05-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i will try to make it with my girlfriend.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dj, you should show up
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 05:03 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< As it stands right now, I know that the following will all be attending:

Me
Ape
Smiles
>>

My pic is going to be there, too. In fact, two pics. But only for women.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:24 PM   #5
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

damn. wish i could be there to drink evilmav and madape under the table.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:42 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'd put money on BBL..Madape is surely all talk
Old 03-05-2003, 06:17 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

Me
Ape
Smiles
>>

>>

Who's bringing the magic marker for drawing concentrict cirles and who's bring the darts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2003, 06:50 PM   #8
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< i'd put money on BBL..Madape is surely all talk >>

I'll bet on Evilmav. But, if BBL was going that would be tough choice.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:52 PM   #9
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< My pic is going to be there, too. In fact, two pics. But only for women. >>

If anyone wants to talk to Chiwas he will be in my purse.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there as soon as I get off work. Should be around 8:30.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #11
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

I'll be there with my wife and son.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:14 AM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Any word yet from the Korean Girl? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 05:32 AM   #13
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Have a great time everyone.

I wish I could be there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:46 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could be there too, maybe next time.

Hope everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves.

As for the rest of us left behind, we want stories, pictures, and all the gossip. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 10:49 AM   #15
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<<

<< i'd put money on BBL..Madape is surely all talk >>

I'll bet on Evilmav. But, if BBL was going that would be tough choice.
>>

I don't know about BBL, but if I have to put my money on Evil or Ape...

the word is Evil wins in that category... I don't know though - might have ot find out.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #16
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

damn. wish i could be there to drink evilmav and madape under the table.

All challengers are always welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...
Old 03-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

<<

<<

Me
Ape
Smiles
>>

>>

Who's bringing the magic marker for drawing concentrict cirles and who's bring the darts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

The good news are that the circles are already imprinted and SS'll bring the darts. The bad news -for you- is that only women (with &quot;o&quot are going to be permitted to throw them. The closest to my heart will date chiwas.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:22 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

evilmav..i'll match you shot for shot
Old 03-06-2003, 01:06 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Sounds good. Will you match me beer for beer, and scotch for scotch as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]? (It shouldn't be too difficult, considering my terrible drinking tolerance)
Old 03-06-2003, 01:47 PM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

We need to celebrate the arrival of our German friends with the traditional German liquor... Jaegermeister!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 01:51 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Eins! Zwei! Drei! Prost!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

beer's too filling..i don't drink beer often...usually go straight for the liquor
but, i might make an exception for friday night
Old 03-06-2003, 02:33 PM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

A Bohemia for me, please.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:03 PM   #24
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< We need to celebrate the arrival of our German friends with the traditional German liquor... Jaegermeister! >>

That one was a winner indeed! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 03:19 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

smiles, are you turning wild?
Old 03-06-2003, 05:41 PM   #26
Smiles
Diamond Member

you know me - it all depends on the phase of the moon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2003, 05:49 PM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

I think you should pass this test first, before the party:

Alcohol-meter for D-M members attending the party
Old 03-06-2003, 06:02 PM   #28
Smiles
Diamond Member

Nice site Chiwas!

Did you take note Ape?

&quot;guideline limits for safe drinking are between 2 and 3 units for women&quot; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] hmm
Old 03-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #29
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Safe Drinking?! Blasphemy.

MadApe's reccommended intake is 12-15 drinks for women, 20-25 for men. Results may cause drunken madness.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 06:50 PM   #30
Smiles
Diamond Member

<< Safe Drinking?! Blasphemy.

MadApe's reccommended intake is 12-15 drinks for women, 20-25 for men. Results may cause drunken madness.
>>

no wonder! i was still way below par.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:09 PM   #31
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< I think you should pass this test first, before the party:

>>

I only got 2 right.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:16 PM   #32
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

<< Safe Drinking?! Blasphemy.

>>

Why am I getting 5-10 drinks less. That's not fair!!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:47 PM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

<<

<< I think you should pass this test first, before the party:

>>

I only got 2 right.
>>

= designated driver.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:01 AM   #34
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I don't know if I'm going to make it. I can't decide what to wear. Oh God, I'm going to be up all night!
Old 03-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #35
Smiles
Diamond Member

i'm coming straight from work, so i limited my options to something the president wouldn't fire me for wearing in his office.

therefore, no go-go boots or strappy dresses for me tonight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 11:29 AM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

<< i'm coming straight from work, so i limited my options to something the president wouldn't fire me for wearing in his office.

therefore, no go-go boots or strappy dresses for me tonight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

What? Are you some kind of Monica?
Old 03-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #37
Smiles
Diamond Member

I don't know what a Monica is, but I was prety much joking anyway.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 01:15 PM   #38
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

I'm on my way. See everyone tonight! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 05:23 PM   #39
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

I just want pics of everybody in their drunken state.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 05:42 PM   #40
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Dallas-Mavs.com Watching Party: The Tragic Aftermath...