Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-26-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

what should the 5 "man" rotation be?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2003, 03:53 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

valdes, park, thomson, davis, lewis
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:02 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't see any reason to have thomson in there..might as well go young. let benoit sink or swim
Old 03-26-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Ishmail (Exxon) Valdez
Chan Ho (hit it out of the)Park
John (there's no "p" in) Thomson
Doug (his wife is a flake) Davis
Drese.....

Let Lewis and Benoit fix their stuff in AAA or the bullpen. BTW, the Rangers cut Dan Kolb today.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:52 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

from what i hear, dreese or whatever has no long term future with the rangers.. if he doesn't, no reason to use him in the rotation.

one of the rangers big problems in the past has been their lack of patience with starting pitchers in the majors.

give davis, lewis, and benoit 30 starts to work out their problems in the Majors.

the cubs did the same with greg maddux..he had a horrid first year or two.. same with Tom Glavine..steve avery.. randy johnson..

let them sink or swim in the majors this year
Old 03-27-2003, 06:09 PM   #6
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

Ahhh Steve Avery... he was one of my favorites. What ever became of him?
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 06:16 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

he started sucking
played with the red sox for awhile..not sure who else. i probably have a dozen of his rookie cards..he was "can't miss"
Old 03-27-2003, 07:38 PM   #8
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

I had a few of his rookie cards too. Big things were expected from him and he showed flashes of dominance but I think injuries hampered him.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:20 AM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Valdez, Park, Lewis, thompson, Benoit, hopefully Lewis and Benoit can become a one or two starting pitcher then Park can be our three.

More likely it will be Ryan Drese a left hander, and Lewis was named the four starter in the rotation.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:15 AM   #10
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Murphy's general philosophy on this: You have to throw the young guys out there and see if they can work out the kinks. The only reason to put "veterans" into the rotation is if you're competing for a division title. I know the Rangers start out 0-0, but let's be honest: there will be no division title this year (or wildcard spot). If that's the case, there's no point in doing anything other than trying to develop young talent.

The Athletics put all of the young guys out there, and they are consistently excellent now. The Angels did that too. Rangers should do the same.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:38 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

i would have loved to see the rangers stick with davis a little longer..he has jamie moyer written all over him

gotta stick with benoit and lewis..let's see what they've got...ride with them and let them make their adjustments at the big league level
Old 03-28-2003, 12:47 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Buck HATES younger players. Anyone who expected or hoped he would go with younger guys are crazy and obviously know nothing about Buck, his coaching style and his coaching history.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

i know alot about buck.
However, this is a different situation..the rangers are a last place team that will be a last place team regardless of who they throw out there. SO, i was hoping that common sense would prevail.

ALSO, let's not pretend that Buck is calling all the shots..It's obvious John Hart is playing a big role (see the michael young situation)
Old 03-28-2003, 12:52 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Oh, I agree. Hart MUST be fired.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote