Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-03-2003, 06:41 PM   #1
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Ok, so "we" all know who the MVP candidates are.

KG, TDunc, TMac, Kobe, yada, yada, yada. Like Bill Walton, I simply don't understand why Dirk Nowitzki's name is nevermentioned in the MVP race.

25, 10 and 3 plus the best record in the leauge? Has this type of season EVER been had by an NBA player and not been a SERIOUS contender for MVP? Certainly not in the last 20 years.

Anyway, my point is this. Can Dirk, with a 38 point 18 rebound Mavs win performance tonight somehow thrust himself into contention for the MVP of the National Basketball Association.

I mean, how could that type of performance by the best player on the team with the best record in the NBA versus the three time defending world champions on national television NOT thrust him into contention?

Just wondering.

Getting a little antsy.

Hitman

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

I think that that kind of performance would put his name hin the race. We'd here about the next day on PTI and other sports shows how Dirk is underrated and should be considered for MVP. However, two weeks later everyone would act like it never happened and go right back to the Garnett, Kobe, and Kobe talk.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:06 PM   #3
Crush

Crush is on a distinguished road

he would not get it because he still has more help than duncan or kg.

but he would be a leading candidate, no doubt
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

No.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 12:48 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

But Kobe's chances went south. LOL - it's impossible to justify making a player the MVP of the league when he is obviously the 2nd best player on his team.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 08:22 AM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

if they had won, 25 and 22 rebounds would have gotten his name mentioned by a few.

But 31 points on 11-19 shooting with 17 rbs, 3 blocks and a win is more valuable than 25/22 on 7-21 shooting with a loss.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #7
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

<< Ok, so &quot;we&quot; all know who the MVP candidates are.

KG, TDunc, TMac, Kobe, yada, yada, yada. Like Bill Walton, I simply don't understand why Dirk Nowitzki's name is nevermentioned in the MVP race.

25, 10 and 3 plus the best record in the leauge? Has this type of season EVER been had by an NBA player and not been a SERIOUS contender for MVP? Certainly not in the last 20 years.

Anyway, my point is this. Can Dirk, with a 38 point 18 rebound Mavs win performance tonight somehow thrust himself into contention for the MVP of the National Basketball Association.

I mean, how could that type of performance by the best player on the team with the best record in the NBA versus the three time defending world champions on national television NOT thrust him into contention?

Just wondering.

Getting a little antsy.

Hitman
>>

Best record in the league is now tenuous.

Robinson's line in '91 (not a serious contender for MVP): PPG: 25.6 RPG: 13.0 APG: 2.5 BPG: 3.9! Team finished as second seed in the West.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote