DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

darn, u beat me to it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, you can post them again if you like.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:18 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I am replying the same thing I replied to DTL in the other thread:

Games 3 and 4 on consecutive days? Can't understand that.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< I am replying the same thing I replied to DTL in the other thread:

>>

probably a TV thing?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:49 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Email the bastards...

Do like me...send Der' Stern an email about the bullshit back-to-backs.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< I am replying the same thing I replied to DTL in the other thread:

>>

Saw Cubes complaining about this in the post game show. Cubes said the NBA person responsible for this should be fired.

Although I really think this will make it easier for the Mavs to get a split in Sacramento, I still think this is a bullshit move by the NBA. The playoffs should be free of back-to-back games. Funny how the Lakers didn't get this in their series, would like to have seen Shaq have to run his fat ass in back-to-back games.

Try and convince me the NBA doesn't heavily favor the Lakers.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:53 PM   #8
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Yes, this really affects us way more than it does the kings. Nellie has shortened his lineup to seven guys mainly, and the kings have the deepest bench in the league. It sure does seem like the league has it in for us on this one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 09:55 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Cuban ranting about something on 103.3 after the game, but, since I was playing switchboard operator (everybody thinks they have to call me after Mavs games) I only caught the tail end of it. I figured that's what it was.

That is poor management on the part of the league, though. We had 3 days between games 1 and 2 of Round 1.. 2 more days to game 3... then all 7 of Round 2 packed in like this? Ahh, just silliness. But the fact is that we're only down to four series here, and there are two that people want to watch (the West), and two that people couldn't care less about (the East). So, it's a TV decision.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:23 PM   #10
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Well.. now some of them fools 'round the corner (LMF) are saying that it's Games 2 and 3 that are back-to-back!!! WTF? Game 2 is in the Big D, and Game 3 is in Sacto!

Apparently NBA.com is saying it both ways. What a mess.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:32 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I heard Mark complaining but I thought he was complaining about playing on Tuesday which was bad enough but we are playing a back to back? A playoff game? I'd say that has to be in favor of the Kings with there athleticism.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 10:53 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

damn, i'll be out of town for games 2, 3, and 4..
i guess i'll have to find a sports bar in connecticut that has the games
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Kings were pretty bad in their back-to-back games.

They also seemed drained after playing the Mavs', losing easy ones after.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the schedule when our local newscast talked about the Kings headed to Dallas. The news and newspapers are about to get crazy here now.

I didn't even know they had back-to-backs in the playoffs?? WTF? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I'm definitely at game 3. I have to do a little sweet talking to get me into game 4 too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2003, 11:37 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Let's see.

They had 19 btb times.

Were 15-4 in the first game.
11-8 in the second.

They lost 32% of the games in back-to-back. 21% in other games.

They lost 3 times after playing (and winning) the Mavs, 1 in btb. They won after losing against the Mavs.

Old 05-05-2003, 05:51 AM   #16
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

was just about to post a schedule thread.
did anyone noticed were playing a back-toback-toback-toback?!!!its madnes,how can you give out good basketball that why?i think its because the quarter finals turned to a best of 7.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:53 AM   #17
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

hey,thats no the schedule on ESPN:

Tue., May. 6 Sacramento Kings 9:00 PM
Thu., May. 8 Sacramento Kings 9:30 PM
Fri., May. 9 at Sacramento Kings 9:30 PM
Sat., May. 10 at Sacramento Kings 9:30 PM
Sun., May. 11 at Sacramento Kings* 10:30 PM

now thats just way way way too tight.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

NP, that schedule is total shite. Four games in four days - no. Three in a row in Sacto - no.

There IS a back-to-back on the schedule, nobody knows exactly when, but wherever you got that thing, please send them an email!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #19
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Game 1: May 6 at Dallas
9 p.m. ET, ESPN2
Game 2: May 8 at Dallas
9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
Game 3: May 10 at Sacramento
9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
Game 4: May 11 at Sacramento
10:30 p.m. ET, TNT
Game 5: May 13 at Dallas*
TBD, TNT
Game 6: May 15 at Sacramento*
TBD
Game 7: May 17 at Dallas*
TBD, TNT

per nba.com
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:12 AM   #20
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone complaining about the back-to-back scheduling? It doesn't give either team an advantage, and that's the way they've done it for quite some time. Remember how many Knicks/Bulls series were played on a Saturday/Sunday back-to-back?

I say suck it up and play.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:26 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Email the bastards...

Do like me...send Der' Stern an email about the bullshit back-to-backs.
>>

I have worn out that email lately with ref complaints. And not jsut for Mavs games...it makes me sick to watch some of the calls this year in all of the games.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote