Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #1
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

Nelson has been singing Sacramento's praises all season. Even when Dallas started 14-0 and had by far the league's best record, he called the Kings the team to beat.

Before Game 1, Nelson talked about Sacramento having two of the NBA's best-passing big men in Chris Webber and Vlade Divac. After Webber had 24 points, nine assists and six rebounds, Nelson said Webber could have been the MVP this past season if he'd been healthy.

Van Exel would like the compliments to stop

`I don't want to hear that these guys are the greatest things on the planet,'' he said. ``They're a great team, no doubt. But I don't want to hear that every day.''

Van Exel's solution is to adopt an anti-Kings attitude. He believes the Mavericks need to focus strictly on themselves and stop worrying about whether Sacramento has their number.

``That's how they go at us,'' he said. ``They don't care about anything that we do. They don't feel we can do anything to disrupt what they do.

``I think they respect us, they think we're a good team. But once they step between the lines, they couldn't care less about what we do. We respect them too much, more than we're supposed to.''

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ngs-Maver.html
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< `I don't want to hear that these guys are the greatest things on the planet,'' he said. ``They're a great team, no doubt. But I don't want to hear that every day.'' >>

Nice to see at least one Maverick has a set of balls and half a brain. Way to go Nick. Nellie is an idiot for spewing this crap drivel all year. Obviously it's a pet peeve of many of us. It's nice to see one of the guys step up and buck the underdog crapola.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:16 PM   #3
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I started liking him more everyday. Awesome addition to the mavs team.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

He also backs up his talk most of the time on court.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< `I don't want to hear that these guys are the greatest things on the planet,'' he said. ``They're a great team, no doubt. But I don't want to hear that every day.'' >>

Nice to see at least one Maverick has a set of balls and half a brain. Way to go Nick. Nellie is an idiot for spewing this crap drivel all year. Obviously it's a pet peeve of many of us. It's nice to see one of the guys step up and buck the underdog crapola.
>>

Maybe since we call Donnie &quot;Little Whistle&quot; we can call Nellie &quot;Little testicle&quot;. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Good one LRB
Old 05-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

mann, i told yall since the beginning.. this is why i love the guy..
Old 05-07-2003, 07:45 PM   #8
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

He's got the most heart, and the biggest balls on our entire team.

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:47 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

<< He's got the most heart, and the biggest balls on our entire team.

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:51 PM   #10
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

the funny thing is how he could take over a game a times at the size of 6'1&quot; and it amazes me how iverson does it soo much..
Old 05-07-2003, 07:53 PM   #11
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

He damn well better watch out. Don &quot;Little testicle&quot; Nelson's mission is to try and emasculate this team.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:38 PM   #12
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

This is one of the best quotes by any mavericks player ever! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:03 PM   #13
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<<

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

He damn well better watch out. Don &quot;Little testicle&quot; Nelson's mission is to try and emasculate this team.
>>

You are pretty brave, and cool, to talk noise on a message board. Would you have the nerve to walk up to Nelson and say some of your drivel to his face? My guess is, you wouldn't.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:15 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say it to Nellie. He'd probably think it was funny or agree.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #15
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

<<

<<

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

>>

You are pretty brave, and cool, to talk noise on a message board. Would you have the nerve to walk up to Nelson and say some of your drivel to his face? My guess is, you wouldn't.
>>

Most of the things people say about public figures in private, they would not say to their face. It's silly to call someone out for this. I've said a lot of bad things about Bill Clinton, for example, but I saw him once in New York and didn't approach him and insult him.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:40 PM   #16

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

<< I'd say it to Nellie. He'd probably think it was funny or agree. >>

Exactly

if someone ever challenges nellie or his team negatively, he just says something like &quot;oh well&quot; and say &quot;well you know i think their right&quot;, instead of stepping up to the challenge and having a positive, winning attitude that says im gonna beat you no matter what

thats what i hate about him

i think hes a good guy nonetheless, but i question his confidence and determination as im sure everyone else here does
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:46 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

<<

<<

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

>>

>>

Sure I'd say it to his face. 1st of all I don't hate Nellie, I actually kind of like the guy. So I would say it with a smile on my face. As many other memebers have noted, he'd probably laugh and joke about it. But I would follow it up with my serious concerns about the team under his leadership. I like Nellie and appreciate what he has done to help this team. But I think he needs to go for this team to have a real chance at taking the next step.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:11 PM   #18
TheLordoftheMavs

TheLordoftheMavs is on a distinguished road

You forgot to somehow mention the best part of the story. Heard the interview on the Ticket today. Kudoos to the guys who did the interview, excellent job!

The whole attitude was summed up by VanExel quite eloquently.

F'em.

The Kings are a great team and all, but F'em.

He said that about 10 times during the interview. His point was that the team and the players individually can't focus on the Kings. F'em. It's about us.

What a great attitude and you can see it as he saved us from being the embarassment of the league against Portland. He just said F'em.

Now if only he can inspire the rest of the team.

F'em shall be their battle cry. I would love to hear our fans chanting that on national TV [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
TheLordoftheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:14 PM   #19
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Finally one player has the sense to address Nellie's emasculated gutlessness he calls coaching.

Out next season
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:08 AM   #20
David
Golden Member

<<

<<

<<

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

>>

>>

Sure I'd say it to his face. 1st of all I don't hate Nellie, I actually kind of like the guy. So I would say it with a smile on my face. As many other memebers have noted, he'd probably laugh and joke about it. But I would follow it up with my serious concerns about the team under his leadership. I like Nellie and appreciate what he has done to help this team. But I think he needs to go for this team to have a real chance at taking the next step.
>>

This is the type of thing I dislike. You &quot;kind of like the guy&quot;, yet it doesn't stop you from making post after post with innuendo and half truths and outright lies(your questioning his manhood, as an example) and people are expected to believe this is how you are about a person you, &quot;kind of like&quot;. Please, spare us.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:30 AM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

David, your position is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #22
LRB
Guru

<<

<<

<<

<<

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

>>

>>

>>

This is the type of thing I dislike. You &quot;kind of like the guy&quot;, yet it doesn't stop you from making post after post with innuendo and half truths and outright lies(your questioning his manhood, as an example) and people are expected to believe this is how you are about a person you, &quot;kind of like&quot;. Please, spare us.
>>

David all I can say is you're an idiot. Sure I like Nellie as a person. I like what he has done to help extract the Mavs from the quagmire of the 90's. I don't like what what he's currently doing to get the Mavs to the next step though. And as far as my questioning his manhood, if you had more than 3 functioning brain cells, could could see that this is just a manner of questioning his courage as a coach/GM. Nellie doesn't display great confidence in his team and you frequently see this in their play. His repeatedly public demonstrations of lack of confidence in his team bleeds over into his players IMO. That is what I'm talking about.

Of course if you weren't so busy kissing Nellie's fat ass, you might have half a chance of figuring this out.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

maybe david IS nellie! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

and i agree, NVE has the fire this team needs. maybe he can rub off on his teammates and undo what nellie has done.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:39 PM   #24
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i wouldn't question his manhood (although, i believe most posters don't mean that term literally), but i would tell him that i think his statements are impacting the heart of the team more than he realizes. (then we'd go into further discussion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) i would tell him just as nicely as i tell any other fan (whether the CEO of the corporation that pays my paycheck, or a celebrity, or whoever). i imagine many others feel just as informal with Nellie (while still greatly respecting him).

man, it just doesn't work for you to call another man an idiot. how does that reflect on you?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #25
David
Golden Member

<<

<<

<<

<<

<<

<<

Too bad he's 6'1&quot;.
>>

He's got balls would do.
>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

David all I can say is you're an idiot. Sure I like Nellie as a person. I like what he has done to help extract the Mavs from the quagmire of the 90's. I don't like what what he's currently doing to get the Mavs to the next step though. And as far as my questioning his manhood, if you had more than 3 functioning brain cells, could could see that this is just a manner of questioning his courage as a coach/GM. Nellie doesn't display great confidence in his team and you frequently see this in their play. His repeatedly public demonstrations of lack of confidence in his team bleeds over into his players IMO. That is what I'm talking about.

Of course if you weren't so busy kissing Nellie's fat ass, you might have half a chance of figuring this out.
>>

There is quite a difference in not liking some of the things Nelson says and a whole different thing with the insults, that are untrue, that you put out, repeatedly. You can say whatever you want, about, Nellie or me or whoever, it's your right. However, I've seen your kind before. The kind that thinks it builds himself up by tearing someone else down. It speaks volumes about you character, or lack, thereof.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:47 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

guys! please stop quoting the entire post!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 02:25 PM   #27
LRB
Guru

<< guys! please stop quoting the entire post!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
>>

Sorry, about that just being lazy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 02:25 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

<< There is quite a difference in not liking some of the things Nelson says and a whole different thing with the insults, that are untrue, that you put out, repeatedly. You can say whatever you want, about, Nellie or me or whoever, it's your right. However, I've seen your kind before. The kind that thinks it builds himself up by tearing someone else down. It speaks volumes about you character, or lack, thereof. >>

Yawn.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:06 PM   #29
David
Golden Member

<<

<< There is quite a difference in not liking some of the things Nelson says and a whole different thing with the insults, that are untrue, that you put out, repeatedly. You can say whatever you want, about, Nellie or me or whoever, it's your right. However, I've seen your kind before. The kind that thinks it builds himself up by tearing someone else down. It speaks volumes about you character, or lack, thereof. >>

Yawn.
>>

I wonder if you are impressing your friends as much as you think you are or are you showing your true colors?
Old 05-08-2003, 06:14 PM   #30
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Look the reason we play small ball is because our centers play with no balls. Do you realize over the past five games raef has more fouls then points. Over the last five games he has 18 points and 17 rebounds a game. Bradley well he is too funnny. Until we get compotent big men we will resort to go small thats the bottom line.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 06:22 PM   #31
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

David, Nellie's negativity makes most people sick. Sorry if you disagree. Last time I checked, he was the Mav's coach, not the King's PR person. The team is playing without confidence. Combined with ref stupidity, we don't stand a chance. Just think how you'd feel if you're boss was constantly telling YOU that you just duidn't measure up to a workmate. Would it affect you?

Of course. 'Nuff said.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:49 PM   #32
LRB
Guru

<< I wonder if you are impressing your friends as much as you think you are or are you showing your true colors? >>

Double yawn.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:13 PM   #33
LRB
Guru

NVE way to walk the walk after talking the talk. Huge infusion of hear by NVE leads to injuries to Queens from crates of
Old 05-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #34
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

Forget Avery . . . can NVE be player-coach for the Mavs??
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:19 PM   #35
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Hey LRB, are those drinks really available?? I want to order some!!!
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

<< Hey LRB, are those drinks really available?? I want to order some!!! >>

Yes it does appear that this is an actual product. I found it through a google search. Here's the link to the page Whoopass link
Old 05-08-2003, 11:24 PM   #37
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

New face of the Mavs.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:06 AM   #38
David
Golden Member

<<

<< I wonder if you are impressing your friends as much as you think you are or are you showing your true colors? >>

Double yawn.
>>

You are SO cool. And impressive.