Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-08-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Mavs go on a streak.

Webber goes down.

BJax goes down.

Is it just me or are things changing rapidly?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I sure as hell hope so!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:30 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

The only way the Mavs had a chance at the finals was to pull off a sever ass whooping like they did tonight. Otherwise it was over. Holy cow!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Mavs go on a streak.

Webber goes down.

BJax goes down.

Is it just me or are things changing rapidly?
>>

Hell yes momentum has shifted. The Mavs need to jump on the Kings and keep kicking the ass all the way to Sacramento and back. As Sweets said in the game day thread, screw compassion. Let's finish Queens while they are down.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:43 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I wish no injury or death on anyone. I'd love to play them with both Bobby and Webber just to enjoy basketball in general. It's huge if those guys are out. They're the Kings 2 best players and it would hurt tremendously if they are out. It seems like when the Kings go up they are never going to trail similiar to game 1. I think a strong key is making sure they don't get down and see if you can get a lead on the Kings. It seems like they lose concentration and focus when the lead is out of reach and they play stupid.

This round is by no means over and I still have the Kings in favor. Mavs need to pull out alteast one of these games in order for me to say Mavs actually have a chance. We have to remember that this is the same team taht we played game 1. They just weren't here tonight.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 11:47 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< This round is by no means over and I still have the Kings in favor. Mavs need to pull out alteast one of these games in order for me to say Mavs actually have a chance. We have to remember that this is the same team taht we played game 1. They just weren't here tonight. >>

FFM you're right in that the Mavs must get a split in Sacramento to have a legitimate shot at winning the series. However the injuries to the Kings and the back to back nature of the next 2 games gives the Mavs an excellent chance to get at least one of the 2 games in Sacramento. The Mavs just need to take advantage of the opportunity. It doesn't help at all if we don't take advantage.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:48 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

It's now officially anybody's series, but the momentum has definitely shifted. Webber will probably play on Saturday (my guess) unless they determine that the knee was actually damaged, but his mobility will likely be limited somewhat. Jackson more than likely won't play, unless they can get him fitted for a face mask in time. Either way, the Mavericks have proved that it doesn't matter who the Kings have on the court -- they just have to play their game.

Old 05-08-2003, 11:49 PM   #8
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I wish no injury or death on anyone. I'd love to play them with both Bobby and Webber just to enjoy basketball in general. It's huge if those guys are out. They're the Kings 2 best players and it would hurt tremendously if they are out. It seems like when the Kings go up they are never going to trail similiar to game 1. I think a strong key is making sure they don't get down and see if you can get a lead on the Kings. It seems like they lose concentration and focus when the lead is out of reach and they play stupid.

This round is by no means over and I still have the Kings in favor. Mavs need to pull out alteast one of these games in order for me to say Mavs actually have a chance. We have to remember that this is the same team taht we played game 1. They just weren't here tonight.
>>

well said..
Old 05-08-2003, 11:59 PM   #9
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Webber and Bibby going down (if they have in fact gone down, at this point both could very well be playing in game 3) certainly adds to the momentum shift of a blowout win. But the Mavs can't be overconfident. Webber and Jackson may be the Kings 2 best players but the Kings are the deepest team in the league and won *1* fewer game than the Mavs over the course of the season while missing Webber and Jackson for large chunks of it. If any team knows how to win without its stars, its the Kings (remember that they lost Peja during last year's series).

Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:01 AM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< This round is by no means over and I still have the Kings in favor. Mavs need to pull out alteast one of these games in order for me to say Mavs actually have a chance. We have to remember that this is the same team taht we played game 1. They just weren't here tonight. >>

FFM you're right in that the Mavs must get a split in Sacramento to have a legitimate shot at winning the series. However the injuries to the Kings and the back to back nature of the next 2 games gives the Mavs an excellent chance to get at least one of the 2 games in Sacramento. The Mavs just need to take advantage of the opportunity. It doesn't help at all if we don't take advantage.
>>

Well it matters how bad there injuries are. From what I heard it seems like something minor for BJAX and he could either wear a mask and get it fitted before the game or he may not play. I'm not to sure about either of these guys. Anyone have any info on them? I heard Walton's explanation but that i'd much rather listen to some guys who may not be NBA HOF's but know what the hell they're talking about.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 05-09-2003, 12:05 AM   #11
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

hoops, very good observation. Kings know how to play without Webber. However, If the Kings played without him eventually, Mavs would have very good chances.
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:06 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

FFM- it was reported that Jax has a nondisplaced fracture of the left orbital. That is a non surgical injury that hurts like hell. He will have to wear a mask to protect it. BUT, he is going to be in a lot of pain for a few days and will probably encounter some swelling. If it swells up a lot then he won't be able to play until the swelling drops in all likelihood.

As for shewebb, I didn't hear a report on the injury other than the left knee. It looked like he may have strained the ACL or MCL the way he was moving when it happened. When you begin to jump like he was about to do, the upper knee tends to want to go forward and the lower knee stays put. This results in a strin or tear of the ACL and/of MCL. If it's minor he will just be sore....if it's more serious, he could be out for the year. That he was walking on it means nothing. You can hobble around on a torn ACL. It's not fun (speaking from experience) but it is possible.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:08 AM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Wasn't Bobby part of that success when CWEbb was hurt? Didn't he raise his level up? It really changes this series because Bibby no longer has a backup. Like I Said I wish no injury on anyone but Mavs have to take advantage of this.

1996-2005
Old 05-09-2003, 12:09 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

oops...it was the right eye....but you get the idea.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:10 AM   #15
Mavs_Rule2003

Mavs_Rule2003 is on a distinguished road

Nothing happened to WEBBER ..it is nothing serious! He just wanted to get out of NICK's curse! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And more over that stupid already got 5 fouls by that time. Didnt want to be fouled out ONCE AGAIN in a loosing cause.

He came back on his own feet. Mark my words- he is going to play on saturday.

Bobby got hit bad though. Hope he will be alright. he is nice player!

But ..HEY..NICK'S Night! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Mavs_Rule2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:40 AM   #16
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

We got the momentum right now but that will only go as long as we make it go. And that could be the rest of the series or two seconds into Game 3. What this game &amp; the injuries did was even up what was previously a completely lopsided series. No one was going anywhere near picking us to win before. Now it's really a 7-game series.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:41 AM   #17
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Wasn't Bobby part of that success when CWEbb was hurt? Didn't he raise his level up? It really changes this series because Bibby no longer has a backup. Like I Said I wish no injury on anyone but Mavs have to take advantage of this. >>

Maybe a Sacto fan can answer that. Kings had so many players out with injuries at various times that I'm not sure what the exact configurations were.

And I'm not disputing that having Webber and/or Jackson out or playing hurt does hurt the Kings and Mavs need to take advantage of it. I'm just pointing out that losing any particular player doesn't hurt the Kings the same way, for example, losing Dirk would the Mavs or Shaq or Kobe would the Lakers. Mavs can't go into Sacramento relying on the fact that Webber and Jackson are out (if they even are). The Kings are still very dangerous and Mavs need to play at the top of their game (like they did tonight) regardless.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:42 AM   #18
LRB
Guru

Don't anybody forget the serious injury the Queens received to their asses tonight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]