Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-14-2003, 08:55 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Which would you rather play in the WCF Spurs or Lakers?
Old 05-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
CwDogg

CwDogg will become famous soon enough

Spurs , because that means the Lakers are eliminated.
CwDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Lakers. We have a better chance of beating The Spurs...plus, who wants LA to go on?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:08 PM   #4
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

The Spurs definitely. LA has a mental edge over us... that and we have no way of playing Shaq effectively.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:08 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

We will beat them both so I don't care.

But the appeal of an All Texas shootout is nice. I voted that.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:10 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The Spurs.

Besides that would mean the elimination of the Lakers, and a sweet slap in the NBA's face, I think Dallas can defeat SA more easily.

And I´ve seen that Fin read pretty well the games against the Spurs. It has to be his series.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:10 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Spurs without a doubt. These guys are right where they want to be right now. THey have won all the games they have suppose to and I am still afraid of them.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #8
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Let's not over confidence. One game at a time. Let's take game 6 tomorrow first.

dnnf
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:17 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

DNNF the players definitely need to think about the Queens and only the Queens until we get the 4th win. But we as fans have a divine right to speculate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 09:29 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< DNNF the players definitely need to think about the Queens and only the Queens until we get the 4th win. But we as fans have a divine right to speculate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Exactly. I think the players should be thinking about closing this series fast. But as fans I don't see how it hurts the players when we think ahead.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 09:30 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< DNNF the players definitely need to think about the Queens and only the Queens until we get the 4th win. But we as fans have a divine right to speculate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Dallas against the Nets or the 76's for the final final? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 10:32 PM   #12
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Spurs.
LA is decision team.
Mavs beat Spurs in 7
Old 05-14-2003, 10:34 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that I think about it...the Spurs for sure. The LA refs wouldn't know what to do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:02 AM   #14
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Lakers. Seeing the Fakers totally *shocked* after Najera draws a charge on a last-second drive by Kobe to save a grueling Game 7 win by the Mavs at AAC, prime-time on ABC, would be priceless.

But, take care of Game 6 at ARCO first.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:14 AM   #15
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather face the Spurs. A Dirk/Duncan matchup will be loads of fun to watch. I just like our chances better.

And while I'd love the Mavs to be the team to knock the Lakers off, I just don't think we'd get an even called series.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:33 AM   #16
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

Lakers...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:09 AM   #17
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I really don't see that big of a difference when it comes to the Trio of Death. They're all kind of in our heads, we're never going to be favored against any of them. But that fourth-quarter collapse still hangs over our heads, the players still talk about it, we haven't won in LA in the Cuban era (I think), &amp; the Lakers are just a little more in our heads than the others. So Spurs, let's go. But let's finish off the Kings first.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #18
ariosto

ariosto is on a distinguished road

The Spurs, especially if Griffin is still not playing. I don't want the Mavs to have to play against Kobe without him.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:37 AM   #19
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Lakers since we will have home-court. Nick is a laker killer.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:52 AM   #20
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

spurs, we match up a bit better with them.

and i dont have to watch showbe, the only player in the league i detest.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:55 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

spurs, without a doubt

The mavs match up MUCH better with the spurs. Plus, I think the lakers are still a bit in the Mavs head whereas I do not think that the spurs are at all.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:20 AM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

<< Lakers. Seeing the Fakers totally *shocked* after Najera draws a charge on a last-second drive by Kobe to save a grueling Game 7 win by the Mavs at AAC, prime-time on ABC, would be priceless.

But, take care of Game 6 at ARCO first.
>>

Good post. I want the Lakers. Ultimately this would be the most satisfying. We have killed our supposed mental thing with the Queens.... let's destroy the Lakers next. Leave Shaq and Kobe whining to the refs as we advance to the Finals. That would be the ultimate. Talk about hushing your naysayers.

But really folks.... we need to kill the Queens tonight. That should be foremost in our minds right now.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:31 AM   #23
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< spurs, without a doubt

The mavs match up MUCH better with the spurs. Plus, I think the lakers are still a bit in the Mavs head whereas I do not think that the spurs are at all.
>>

Yup.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:37 AM   #24
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

<< spurs, without a doubt

>>

So were the Queens supposedly. Wouldn't you be more satisfied waving goodbye to the Lakers as we head to the Finals? THAT is what I am dreaming of. That is what I want.

Queens suck. F 'em them tonight and bring on the Lakers.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:05 AM   #25
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

I would rather see the spurs because we match up better. But, I think we will be seeing the lakers next round. They have been down elimination games before in the last three years and obviously won all four. They will bring their best tonight against the spurs.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:07 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs have had a HUGE amount of success versus the kings compared to what they've done versus the lakers.

plus, no webber equals a series that the mavs SHOULD definitely win.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:17 AM   #27
LRB
Guru

<< Lakers. Seeing the Fakers totally *shocked* after Najera draws a charge on a last-second drive by Kobe to save a grueling Game 7 win by the Mavs at AAC, prime-time on ABC, would be priceless. >>

Saddly the refs would never give us the call, and we would lose the series. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If we play the Lakers we have to out play them enough that the refs can't make the difference. Any team we play from now on, we will most likely get the short end of the stick with the refs, but with the Lakers that end will be much shorter than with anyone else. There is not one team that David Stern would rather see in the finals than the Lakers.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:57 AM   #28
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Spurs. 9:30 start times are taking their toll.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #29
LRB
Guru

Looks like the majority got our wish. It's the Texas Two Step. I 35 Series here we come.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]