Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-15-2003, 01:18 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

anyone here into hip hop/rap?

and please no rap is crap comments.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I like old school... I love Too Short, Eazy E, NWA, Eric B. & Rakim... etc....

Can't get into the new stuff though.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #3
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Nas, Gangstar, and the Jazzmatazz albums
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'd be surprised if anyone of you besides me, aexchange and filthyfinmavs can name 15 rappers that are out right now.

Personal favorites are Eminem, Ghostface Killah, WuTang in General, Lloyd Banks and Tony YaYo
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Love hip hop. Tribe, De La, Outkast, The Roots, Snoop, The DOC, Old-School, new shit. I prefer east coast, but west coast has some good stuff. Smoked a joint with Andre of Outkast one night after a show.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

i'm not sure who all is considered rap

let's see, who is in my "naughty music" collection?

shaggy
p. diddy
eminem
uncle cracker
50 cent
missy - whats-her-name
who else...?
Old 05-15-2003, 05:12 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< i'm not sure who all is considered rap

let's see, who is in my &quot;naughty music&quot; collection?

shaggy
p. diddy
eminem
uncle cracker
50 cent
missy - whats-her-name
who else...?
>>

I love your innocence. Shaggy and P. Diddy aren't rappers. Not sure who uncle cracker is.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #8
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I love Outkast, NWA, Public Enemy, Xzibit, The Roots, De La Soul...Snoop always makes me laugh. Ludacris, Missy....there is quite a lot of hip hop that i'm more than happy to listen too, it's definitely not what thwe majority of my collection is though.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:48 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Alicia de Larrocha is da bomb.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:09 PM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

50 cent, 2pac, biggie, snoop, jin tha MC, eminem, missy elliot, lil kim
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:33 PM   #11

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

50, DMX (old stuff), Nas, Clipse, NORE, 2pac, eminem and some missy
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 PM   #12
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

2pac (Toss it up and My Block are my favourites) old snoop, method man, most instrumentals, some of Eminem's songs and various others.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:52 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

My best ever. Eminem's.

LOSE YOURSELF.

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted…One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There’s vomit on his sweater already, mom’s spaghetti
He’s nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, but the words won’t come out
He’s chokin, how everybody’s jokin now
The clock’s run out, time’s up over, bloah!
Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He’s so mad, but he won’t give up that
Is he? No
He won’t have it , he knows his whole back city’s ropes
It don’t matter, he’s dope
He knows that, but he’s broke
He’s so stacked that he knows
When he goes back to his mobile home, that’s when it’s
Back to the lab again yo
This whole rap s***
He better go capture this moment and hope it don’t pass him

HOOK:

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

The soul’s escaping, through this hole that it’s gaping
This world is mine for the taking
Make me king, as we move toward a, new world order
A normal life is borin, but superstardom’s close to post mortar
It only grows harder, only grows hotter
He blows us all over these hoes is all on him
Coast to coast shows, he’s know as the globetrotter
Lonely roads, God only knows
He’s grown farther from home, he’s no father
He goes home and barely knows his own daughter
But hold your nose cuz here goes the cold water
His bosses don’t want him no mo, he’s cold product
They moved on to the next schmoe who flows
He nose dove and sold nada
So the soap opera is told and unfolds
I suppose it’s old potna, but the beat goes on
Da da dum da dum da da

HOOK

No more games, I’ma change what you call rage
Tear this motha****** roof off like 2 dogs caged
I was playin in the beginnin, the mood all changed
I been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhymin and stepwritin the next cypher
Best believe somebody’s payin the pied piper
All the pain inside amplified by the fact
That I can’t get by with my 9 to 5
And I can’t provide the right type of life for my family
Cuz man, these ***dam food stamps don’t buy diapers
And it’s no movie, there’s no Mekhi Phifer, this is my life
And these times are so hard and it’s getting even harder
Tryin to feed and water my seed, plus
See dishonor caught up bein a father and a prima donna
Baby mama drama’s screamin on and
Too much for me to wanna
Stay in one spot, another jam or not
Has gotten me to the point, I’m like a snail
I’ve got to formulate a plot fore I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only motha****** option, failure’s not
Mom, I love you, but this trail has got to go
I cannot grow old in Salem’s lot
So here I go is my shot.
Feet fail me not cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got

HOOK

You can do anything you set your mind to, man
Old 05-16-2003, 07:47 PM   #14
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

worst song ever.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-16-2003, 08:59 PM   #15
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Sorry, Africa by Toto is MUCH worse.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 03:32 AM   #16
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

I like:
N.E.R.D. what means Pharrel Williams/Neptunes in general and especially with women, you know with Toni Braxton, Sade, that stuff is hot.
Also like Busta Rhymes, Missy, Clipse, Snoop, some Ludacris, Nore and Tweet.
50 cent, Outkast, Too short, Old school.

The hip-hop meets reggae stuff.

Some german hip-hop(maybe you know dj tomeck, thats not what i mean).
My favorites are from Hamburg. The Mongo Klikke especially Samy DeLuxe and the new stuff from Jan Eisfeldt aka Jan Delay (reggae).

Reggae:

Sean Paul, Beenie man, Cecile, Elephant man....

And Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye and so on - i know it´s old, but i like it.

Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 05:02 AM   #17
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

<< Smoked a joint with Andre of Outkast one night after a show. >>

I don't smoke anything but that's pretty cool. How did that happen? what's he like in real life?
Old 05-17-2003, 05:22 AM   #18
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Don´t like the new hip hop stuff (with some exeptions).

What I do like is early west coast hip hop of the 80`s like Too Short, WCWC, Eric B and Rakim and later NWA and the earlier works of Ice Cube. Pharcyde, Souls of Mischief and Del were pretty good too. They all came out around `93 I think

I also like New York stuff of the early and mid 90´s. Everything that was produced by premiere back than. Like the old Gangstarr albums, the first Nas, Jeru the Damaja.

Also the liked the first Mobb Deep and Common Sense. The Beatnuts were pretty cool too. Fesu, Mos Def, Organized Konfusion, Paris, Crooklyn Dodgers.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 09:23 AM   #19
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

I'm not much into the current stuff. It looks too much like Puffy redux, everyone jacking samples like crazy. Kanye West and Just Blaze aren't great producers, it's just that the ROC has deep pockets! I'm more into early 90's (Gang Starr, Jeru, Group Home, OK, Ultramagnetic, DITC, especially Finesse, The Coup) and underground (All Natural, Murs, MF Doom). If you're into sick lyricism, check for Benefit. I can't stand Anticon, though.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #20
The Crippler
Diamond Member

scooter, I went to the Outkast show in Austin in '01 with my old HS point guard. He now is somewhat of a promoter and he also did a hip hop show at the Mercury called &quot;hip hop humpday&quot; every wednesday. He did a lot to bring Outkast to Austin to play, so he got me and one of my friends backstage passes. We had one rolled up and he was standing next to me, and I asked him if he wanted to smoke it. He did and we got to talk to him for a little bit. I was just your basic 26 year old white kid, but he was cool to me and my buddy.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:23 AM   #21
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Right now its a homemade burned CD I made this weekend. All of the songs are unedited that I got from Kazaa.com.

Track 1: In da club by 50 cent
Track 2: Dear Mama by Tupac
Track 3: I got 5 on it by Lunix
Track 4: Country Grammer by Nelly
Track 5: #1 Stunner by Big Timers
Track 6: Stop, Drop by DMX
Track 7: Wankster by 50 Cent
Track 8: Compton by NWA
Track 9: 8 Mile by Eminem
Track 10: Two of america's most wanted by Tupac

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:56 PM   #22
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

<< Right now its a homemade burned CD I made this weekend. All of the songs are unedited that I got from Kazaa.com.

Track 1: In da club by 50 cent
>>

i cannot stop singing this one!! it keeps replaying in my mind until i am going crazy!!