Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-20-2003, 11:53 PM   #1
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

It's 12:01, Wednesday May 21st.

Here come the predictions about exactly how the Mavs will shock the sports world... again.

Mavs, 101 - 95.

Go Mavs!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

Storming Mavs Take Game 2!

Mavs 115, Spurs 99

Go Mavs!
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:04 AM   #3
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

This is usually where the mavs have a huge let down being satisfied with "stealing" a game at San Antonio. This is usually where the "free swing" comes into play. But this team is NOT USUAL NOR PREDICTABLE. I expect them to surprise everyone by playing very tough this game. We have gotten mentally stronger as these playoffs continue, and I expect it to show tonight. It will be another close game, and I expect the mavs to take it again.

GO MAVS!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:08 AM   #4
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

<< This is usually where the mavs have a huge let down being satisfied with &quot;stealing&quot; a game at San Antonio. This is usually where the &quot;free swing&quot; comes into play. >>

Dirk said it right after the game, &quot;No more of this 'free swing' stuff&quot;!
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:20 AM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

The Spurs will come out playing hard, but we'll going to surprise a few people. Specifically, the morons who still think we have no heart. Victory will prevail. 103-96 Mavs. Free swing THAT.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:31 AM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs by 10.

The Mavs know how close they are to the finals. They've stunned the Spurs and those that didn't believe the Mavs could win a game in the series.

They won't let up now, they'll fight hard and try to finish the Spurs off at home.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:37 AM   #7
Big D

Big D is on a distinguished road

I think both teams will come out and play hard, but I just can't see the spurs loose both at home and come to dallas down 0-2....

Still, I'll be more than happy to eat my crows after the game if we can pull another one out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 01:27 AM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

This is a great chance for the Mavs to put the Spurs in a world of Sh!t. Keep up the pace and the running. Should be a good close game.

F'em!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:46 AM   #9
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

If the Mavs take this one then they are firmly in the Spurs head and the chances are very good for a sweep. I don't believe the Spurs are going to go out in a sweep this year, so I have to predict a Spurs win.

Furthermore, I am not yet convinced this team knows how to play from a position of dominance--which is a whole different thing than the 'heart' everyone seems to think they have just discovered but which they have been showing regularly since the 2000-2001 season. I have no worries about this team when heart is required--when their backs are against the wall, when they are down big (see last game) or on the brink of elimination (last 2 game 7's). But they have yet to prove they know how to get their foot on the other guy's neck and just stomp.

Hope I'm wrong and the last two series have finally taught them that.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:28 AM   #10
Julius

Julius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to allJulius is a name known to all

If we get more assists and fastbreaks we should be fine. Of course we also should stay around even in the rebound battle.
To manage a better fg% should also help.
Mavs win 104-97
Make them run with us!!
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:51 AM   #11
Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz

Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz is on a distinguished road

Mavs 110-105!!

Friday night might have been the last we see of Nowitzki in these Western Conference finals, but it won't be his last conference finals.
Dirk_Cindy_Nowiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:31 AM   #12
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Mavs almost secoure NBA Finals spot by beating SA by 8 inthe SBC.
much better shooting night,but dont expect the same show from the free throw line.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #13
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Our squad will be on such a high, I think we explode out the block. We have learned not to ease up when we are ahead, so we won't settle for giving them the split at SBC.

If we do win tomorrow, it will mean that in both Conference Finals series, the home teams will be 0 and 4.

GO MAVS
Old 05-21-2003, 06:41 AM   #14
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Thanks Sturm...I know you'll pull us through.

Big Surprise tonight.

Mavs 106
Spurs 92

F* em HARD
Old 05-21-2003, 06:48 AM   #15
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Bring it or get MAV-WRECKED!

Old 05-21-2003, 07:12 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 102-95
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:31 AM   #17
Tank

Tank is on a distinguished road

tough game to call but they all are both team will come out playing hard difference maker will be tony parker he has a huge game thus i think spurs will by 7 but as a mavericks fan i say dallas by 3
Old 05-21-2003, 07:55 AM   #18
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

It would be hard to believe that the Spurs would just lay down. They are going to come out firing, with Duncan leading the charge. They are going to feed him low constantly, and try to get our guys in foul trouble in a hurry. Look for Bradley, LaFrentz and Najera to have 3 fouls each by the end of the first quarter. Dirk will get in foul trouble early as well (since the refs want to return in kind for Duncans foul trouble last game). Despite that....after Dallas allows San Antonio to use up their adrenalin, they come back in the second half and keep it within range. Logic says that San Antonio wins this game handily. Gut feeling, I think the Mavs surprise again...(I hope!!!). Whatever happens, I think my prediction of foul trouble is going to come true...

Old 05-21-2003, 08:41 AM   #19
DIRK BRASIL

DIRK BRASIL is on a distinguished road

Mavs beat Spurs

102 X 95

Dirk 31p, 10r
Fin 22p
Nash 19p, 10a

Old 05-21-2003, 09:01 AM   #20
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Mavs win 103-97
I think Fin is going to have a huge game
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:06 AM   #21
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Sorry for saying this but I think the Spurs will win this one. They will make a very conscious effort of slowing the game down and apply a lot of pressure on our players to make shots in half court games amongst tight D. Spurs by 10. I hope the reverse voodoo will happen tonight.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #22
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

Well, let's make it 108-102. The teams are both too good to think Dallas can run away with it. After Game 1, DAllas realizes they can win. And they will. My heart says Dallas, but my head says SA. The crowd, and less officiating, scare me. But, for the record, I'll go with myt heart! Dallas by 6. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 09:42 AM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 107 Spurs 103

Kick 'em while they are down!!!!

Go Mavs!!!!!

F the F'in Spurs!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:55 AM   #24
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road

<< Mavs almost secoure NBA Finals spot by beating SA by 8 inthe SBC.
much better shooting night,but dont expect the same show from the free throw line.
>>

The fact that Mavs didnt really shoot the ball well is reason for the Spurs to worry. NVE wasnt the force he was in the Sacto series. REST will help tremendously. New found focus and toughness will spell the Spurs' doom. Another nail-biter IMO, Spurs will establish their post game. If the Mavs maintain poise during these periods. Mavs by 5.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:59 AM   #25
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

104-98 Mavs
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:02 AM   #26
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Mav's set new NBA record for points in a half, 100. Bradley gets angry, turns green and increases muscle mass 10x. Cuban, so impressed with his team effort, has dressed out and joined his team on the court. And the biggest kicker of all is the refs make only 6 bad calls.

Mav's 197 San Antonio 13
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:16 AM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The Mavs are in better situation to win this game than in game 1.

But they have to take advantage of it yet and play hard.

If the Mavs win tonight, say goodbye to the Spurs.

Old 05-21-2003, 10:25 AM   #28
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Old 05-21-2003, 10:39 AM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm starting to like that poster big_pth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The Spurs are going to come out full of piss and vinegar. Mavs will be down early. I just can't imagine it any other way. The key will be in the last couple of minutes of the first half if they can get back into striking distance. If that happens, the Mavs win by 8. If not....it's going to be a long night.

I am picking the win...after all, we have sturm and drang mojo on our side. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Mavs in 4-6.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:08 AM   #30
Tarpley'sGhost

Tarpley'sGhost is on a distinguished road

&quot; The Mavs are in better situation to win this game than in game 1.&quot;

I agree. I think the Mavs have a fire brewing in their shorts. They can't wait to step on the court. You can see it in their eyes. Look at Nick when he is on the bench, total focus.

I just wish Bradley and Raef could feed off that. If a fan can, why can't they?

&quot;I think our best win,&quot; Van Exel said, &quot;is still yet to come.&quot;
Tarpley'sGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #31
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

This one is for you Doc...

Old 05-21-2003, 11:56 AM   #32
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

F'em spurs , Let's go get em in game 2.

Mavs 100
Spurs 94

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:02 PM   #33
gonzo7

gonzo7 is on a distinguished road

Spurs 98
Mavs 89

gonzo
gonzo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:18 PM   #34
Zille9292

Zille9292 is on a distinguished road

interesting stat from espn:

Dallas has outscored the opposition by 70 points in the fourth quarter in its 15 playoff games, while San Antonio is minus-31 in playoff fourth quarters.

dallas 104
san antonio 100
Zille9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:22 PM   #35
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< Dallas has outscored the opposition by 70 points in the fourth quarter in its 15 playoff games, while San Antonio is minus-31 in playoff fourth quarters. >>

I'm sure the Spurs are all choked up over this stat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 12:38 PM   #36
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I actually think Mavs can take this game easy ... should be an easy win ...

103-88 Mavs.
Old 05-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #37
Zille9292

Zille9292 is on a distinguished road

this banner is on the espn-playoff site. thought its kinda funny, since bruce bowen is suddenly the main factor in this series.
Zille9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #38
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

I second that about the relatively &quot;easy&quot; win...Mavs shooting was just bad in the first game, T&quot;MVP&quot;D had a career night and the good guys still got away with the W...

116-103 Mavs
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 01:11 PM   #39
Sports Point

Sports Point is on a distinguished road

Crowd will be a factor. Is San An, they've come to the media consencus that Dirk meant to drive the lane and stomp on Roses pumpkin head while he was down. They hated Hack-a-Bowen. It will be close. Very close. The Spurs are trying to prove a point and get a win before they get out of San An because they know the AAC will be like playing in a giant sub woofer (despite the fact we actually allowed San An fans to buy game tickets). If the Mavs pull another upset it won't be an ordinary win. I've given up and decided nothing is normal from this team. It will either be something to make you develop an ulcer the size of a dinner plate, maybe a one or two point win around the 100 point mark. On the other hand, they could shoot lights out for 3 quarters and blow them out. Either way I'll be at Two Rows or &quot;The bar next door&quot; drinking $1 beers all night.

I'll send you to heaven the hard way,
-J
Old 05-21-2003, 01:14 PM   #40
Sports Point

Sports Point is on a distinguished road

<<

<< Dallas has outscored the opposition by 70 points in the fourth quarter in its 15 playoff games, while San Antonio is minus-31 in playoff fourth quarters. >>

I'm sure the Spurs are all choked up over this stat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] That's sports dad.