Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-21-2003, 02:48 PM   #1
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

1. Dirk Jersey (haven't washed it since they won game 7 with the Kings), and Dirk's bobblehead on the TV stand.
2. My wife have to watch the game in a different room with my dogs.
3. Have to drink a Corona each quarter, no more, no less.

Seems like they winning every time. hehe.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2003, 02:49 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Breath at least once per minute. Tried not doing this once and it wasn't a pleasant experience. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

You can call it whatever you want if its luck, superstitous whatever, but during stretches or stops, I usually have to close my eyes, take a deep breath, and not necessarily pray for something to happen, I just make it happen.

Kinda weird I know...But it only works one time a game and the first time, so I have to use it very wisely and not too early. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Unfortunately I just bought a new house and I don't have cable or satellite now so I can't watch playoff basketball anymore. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I might go to a sports bar tonight...

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:11 PM   #4
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< 2. My wife have to watch the game in a different room with my dogs. >>

Why the dogs?
Old 05-21-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

<< Unfortunately I just bought a new house and I don't have cable or satellite now so I can't watch playoff basketball anymore. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I might go to a sports bar tonight... >>

No No No... a strip club on Greenville. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

&quot;&quot;&quot;Why the dogs?&quot;&quot;&quot;

LMAO!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #7
DNNF
Golden Member

go to Hooters [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003, 03:24 PM   #8
DNNF
Golden Member

<<

<< 2. My wife have to watch the game in a different room with my dogs. >>

Why the dogs?
>>

I have no idea, but the when the dogs were with her, The mavs made a run at the Spurs on the last game in the fourth quarter . Hehe

dnnf
Old 05-21-2003, 03:31 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I eat Jello with whipped cream whenever we need a rally. It changes every round though. The last round was Chocolate Ice Cream. The round before that it was a Power Bar.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #10
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i have a shirt of Dirk i bought last year,and im not wearing it 'till we win it all.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 03:48 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

<< I eat Jello with whipped cream whenever we need a rally. It changes every round though. The last round was Chocolate Ice Cream. The round before that it was a Power Bar. >>

Also, I am getting a little nervous about tonight in one respect. The earlier start time will allow me to watch the entire game on TV. But I cannot do that at home since I don't have cable. I get free cable at my health club and watch cable games from there. Monday nights game I was home at the start of the 4th quarter, I was eating my Jello by the middle of the quarter and we pulled it out at the end. Tonight, I will be watching the ENTIRE game at the club so Jello rally will not be possible. If we need it, I am thinking about leaving early and listening to Followill on 103.3.

I'd do anything for the team!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 04:10 PM   #12
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I go to the game. The Mavs have never lost a game I attended. However, something bad always happens when I go to Dallas for a game...Space Shuttle blows up, hail storm, my purse gets ripped off. I wonder what will happen next time.

When I watch games at home I try not to leave the TV. If I get up to go to the kitchen, put the kids to bed, etc. the Mavs always start losing. When I get back they start winning. It's strange, but true.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #13
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

My wife and I sit on separate sofas. I eat popcorn during the game.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #14
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

I'm really kind of weird. Get it from my grandmother on my father's side. She'd turn off Cowboy games if she thought she was bad mojo! I do the same thing. It's just a feeling I get. But, you can ask my wife, during the SAC series I turned the game, would turn it back, we'd be up, then they'd make a good play within 10 secs of me turning it on! I barely saw that one, but we won! (Forgot which game.)

'Course it's weird, and I really don't believe in it, but why take chances?!
Old 05-21-2003, 04:59 PM   #15
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Having spent 5 years in theatre, I'm a fairly superstitious person, but I don't do anything crazy. If the Mavs/Stars lose a game after I've posted a prediction, I won't post one again as long as they keep winning. This is why I sometimes go several games w/out predicting. If I don't start out watching the game &amp; the other team goes on a run when I do tune in, I'll turn it off &amp; won't watch again, no matter how great the game sounds. That's why I didn't get to see Game 7 vs. Sacto. You have to make those kinds of personal sacrifices if you want to win a championship.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Not watch.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #17
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Watch on my special love seat. Drink a beer before game starts. Leave work at 3:00 to hear the Big Show.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:11 PM   #18
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I figured that nothing i do can affect the way the Mavs play. But i do say a prayer before they play.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:50 PM   #19
comutek

comutek is on a distinguished road

<< 1. Dirk Jersey (haven't washed it since they won game 7 with the Kings) >>

haven't washed it since Saturday? Wow man, that is crazy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehe
comutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:40 PM   #20
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

<< I'm really kind of weird. Get it from my grandmother on my father's side. She'd turn off Cowboy games if she thought she was bad mojo! I do the same thing. It's just a feeling I get. But, you can ask my wife, during the SAC series I turned the game, would turn it back, we'd be up, then they'd make a good play within 10 secs of me turning it on! I barely saw that one, but we won! (Forgot which game.) >>

I do the exact samething bro and it works most of the time.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< You have to make those kinds of personal sacrifices if you want to win a championship. >>

I just love this girl.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< You have to make those kinds of personal sacrifices if you want to win a championship. >>

I just love this girl.
>>

A mark of a true fan. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 07:30 PM   #23
Dallas_Star

Dallas_Star is on a distinguished road

Before Game 7 of the Sac series I had to wear my Mavericks shirt that I got at the NBA store in New York, and I refuse to put it on from the period of 30 minutes before-until the start of the game. Only before then. Recently, my dad went to Europe and bought me a Dirk jersey with German tags even though its a regular Mavs away jersey. I wear that during games now.
Dallas_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 10:21 PM   #24
Capital Maverick

Capital Maverick is on a distinguished road

I do the following...

1) Grab my Michael Finley Jersey. I never wear it, but I always have my Finley jersey draped around my neck.

2) I ice down my tin Corona basket with 2 of the following beers...
1) Corona
2) Amstel Light
3) Pacifico

3) I run three races in Gran Turismo 3.

4) I watch the game in my official Dallas Mavericks basement lounge, on the same TV I had in college.

Didn't do it tonight. Decided I was going to watch it on the big screen upstairs. Sorry y'all.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:37 AM   #25
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

For all of you who didn't follow your superstition yesterday night........

DAMN YOU!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 08:46 AM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

<< For all of you who didn't follow your superstition yesterday night........

DAMN YOU!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
>>

You will be pleased to know that I am NOT going to spend the rest of the games watching at the club. Which means, I will only be able to listen to the games on the radio. But I was just sick with myself last night for not getting any Jello and Whipped Cream. I felt so damned guilty.

Well no more!!!!

Game 3, we kick Jello ass!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:23 AM   #27
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

As your punishment you'll have to bath in jello and spread whipped cream on top of your head whenever you go out for one week.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #28
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

<< As your punishment you'll have to bath in jello and spread whipped cream on top of your head whenever you go out for one week. >>

Or as I like to call it....Wednesday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:48 AM   #29
LRB
Guru

My new superstition is to beat the living Sh!t out of Joey Crawford before each Mavs game. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #30
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Need help, LRB ? After last night, I'm convinced that Carwford, Javie, and Salvatore need some &quot;massaging&quot; !

Old 05-22-2003, 12:23 PM   #31
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

they need a good ass kicking from my right boot is what the need!!!

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 12:28 PM   #32
LRB
Guru

<< Need help, LRB ? After last night, I'm convinced that Carwford, Javie, and Salvatore need some &quot;massaging&quot; ! >>

Since I only have 2 feet, and there are more refs than that, sure I can use all the help I can get. After all that's a lot of Sh!t to knock out of the refs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2003, 07:42 PM   #33
threesheets

threesheets is on a distinguished road

I refuse to wear anything Mavs when I watch at home, and wear the same Mavs golf shirt to every game I go to.