Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-09-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default for rob, and other gamers

I just bought MVP Baseball 2003...

oh my god, best baseball game i have ever played. hands down. the pitching, fielding/throwing, baserunning, all great. hitting is pretty standard. EA has done a great job with their sports games this year (at least with madden, nba live, and this one (it's a night and day difference from triple play, which sucked)).

anyway, baseball fans should at least go rent it.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:05 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Do they have it on X-Box.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: for rob, and other gamers

the bad thing is...virtually any non-sports game that i would be interested in isn't available on PS2.

damn, PS2 has the worst freaking non-sports games out of the major 3.

it sucks.

I'd love to mix the legend of zelda, metroid, or wizardry from time to time
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 10:40 PM   #4
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

BBL, what we gonna do with you? . lol, j/k. I personally didnt care much for MVP baseball. It's much better then the last several Triple Plays though.

World Series Baseball 2K3 is where its at though. Best videogame EVER made.

And yes mavsfan, MVP is on xbox.

Btw, i just bought a gamecube like 2 weeks ago. Now my collection is complete. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:32 AM   #5
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

I was going to buy mine last month, but then i read someone posted a story about a price drop in the US, i figure I'll
wait for just one more. There is a pretty good Zelda/Gamecube package deal at the moment which is tempting me.

What kind of games do you like then Murph, non sports games that it? I'm just curious, because PS2 has basically
all the games I want. The Gamecube i want mostly for the weird Japanese games it gets, like Pikmin & Super Monkey Ball.

I've never seen one game on the X-Box (that wasn't available on the PS2) that made me want an X-Box. Maybe it's
a boys console.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

as far as i see it, PS2 has GTA, X-box has halo, gamecube has the nintendo titles (mario, zelda, metroid). there may be some other exclusive games to each system, but these are the main ones (but rob can correct me on that).

i am very happy with my PS2. granted, i don't have a big collection of games, but i play the ones i do have (Madden 2003, nba live 2003, mvp baseball 2003, SSX Tricky, NBA Street, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, GTA 3, GTA Vice City... i mostly play my ea games.)

rob, rob, rob... your sega bias is uncanny. you sega fanboy, you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

veruca, yeah, the price for PS2 just dropped to 179 here, but they've also released a new PS2 package with progressive scan, reduced noise, built-in remote receiver, and network adapter for 199. if i had to do it over again, i'd get that one.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i love sports games veruca..but i also like the role play games like Wizardry. I swear to you that I played Wizardry 2 on Nintendo for around a year without picking up another game. The game was that difficult..and that rewarding.

I'm not into many of the blow up cop games or war games..car jacking games..or anything like that.

Alot of the role play games require alot of thought...definitely enjoy those.. but i also love the sports games..been playing tiger for awhile and high heat.

By the way..loved the Rygar series..(not nearly as good as wizardry or zelda)... liked evergrace ok..
Old 06-10-2003, 08:44 AM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Do they have it on X-Box.

In the near future, don't know about this year, EA is abandoning X-Box because it wants to maintain control of its own broadband network and X-Box won't let it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:48 AM   #9
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Am I the only guy in here that could care less about video games? *shrugs*

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:35 AM   #10
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

BBL...have you not played World Series Baseball?

That game..hands down..is the best baseball game as of yet (especially in the X-BOX version)

I have to give the edge to Sega when it comes to there Baseball and Basketball games...

But there is something about the EA Madden series that has always intrigued me...love it!!

I wish they would come out with a good Golf Sim, something other than Tigers version. It would be cool to start with a rookie and have to go thru qualifying school to make it on the PGA and then actually play on the tour with all the PGA pros and real courses like Augusta or the Bryon Nelson...now that would be cool. Maybe Sega will have to come up with something because EA is stuck up Tigers butt to put out a really good golf sim.[img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:39 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Madden doesn't hold a candle to NCAA football
Old 06-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i've played WSB 2k3... and while good (better than NFL or NBA), there's just something about MVP that does it for me. it's the same with the other EA games. personally, i can't stand NBA 2k3 or NFL 2k3. but so many people love them... but i don't agree with them.

if i were a bigger NCAA football fan, i'm sure i'd like NCAA Football. i just haven't played it often. Isn't the gameplay very similar to madden?
Old 06-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

The game play is faster in EA's NCAA Football..usually considerably faster. You'd think it'd be vice versa..but, it's not.

the NCAA games are usually just better for some reason.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:50 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
rob, rob, rob... your sega bias is uncanny. you sega fanboy, you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
lol,

I actually agree with you. Other then WSB, I cant stand the SEGA sports games. Although NHL 2K3 is probably the best, maybe 2nd best, hockey game i've ever played. NFL 2K? is a joke though imho.

Dooby, EA's not abandoning xbox. It'll still have all their games. It's just that the 2003 EA lineup is only online for PS2. You can blame the money hungery a$$es at Microsoft for that.

Oh and, NCAA Football BLOWS!!! away Madden as far as I'm concerned.

g2g, be back later.

Old 06-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #15
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

By the way what's everybody playing these days?

me...

<u>X-BOX</u>
World Series Baseball - playing with the Rangers offcourse - sittin at 21-25(my pitching blows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Castle Wolfenstein - this game is aight..played online at a friends house and it was pretty awesome

Rocky (rented) - this game BLOWS(theres only so many times you can hear that intro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] )

Matrix Reloaded (rented) - pretty cool scenes..thats about it.

NBA Street Vol. 2 (rented) - a cool rental...but don't buy it.

can't wait for the NCAA Football games to come out...and the SIMS SUCK!!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:06 PM   #16
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Did anyone try this

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

I thought it was pretty funny. Advice do not drive your car within 5 hours of playing this game.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:46 PM   #17
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm with you BBL. I bought MVP Baseball a couple of months ago. I think it's a great game(even though i only really play 4 games). The only thing i don't like is when you're on the Pro mode, it's damn near impossible to throw a strike.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:47 AM   #18
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I'm hopeless with games, I've bought so many games recently and just never finished them. I like them all though!
Maximo, Jax & Daxter, Ape Escape 2, Primal all come to mind....i get half way through one of them and i'll just
fall into the same trap which is that I'm just a total sucker for Final Fantasy which seems to consume all my time. And i don't care which one, once
i get in the mood to play it, it doesn't matter how crappy it looks now days i'll just playing it through again & again & again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-11-2003, 07:53 AM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i'm mainly playing MVP right now... although i throw in some NBA Live and madden (i'm 2 seasons into my franchise with madden... won the super bowl with the saints).

I just started my franchise on MVP. I'm playing as the A's, and i've made a few transactions to get the following lineup

C - Lo Duca
1B - Burke White (hey i have to create myself in all the sports games)
2B - Soriano
3B - Chavez
SS - Tejada
LF - Wilkerson
CF - Wells
RF - Garcia
DH - Cordero or Singleton

some decent PH on the bench - bellhorn, nick johnson...

Pitchers are zito, hudson, mulder, and i created my brother [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i don't have many relievers. k-rod, mecir, foulke and maybe a few others.

man, what a fun game. i got vice city for christmas, but haven't gotten around to playing it in depth. i did beat GTA 3, though. and i agree. DO NOT drive after playing the game.

veruca, i used to love the final fantasy games, but i haven't played one in a while. the last one i played was for PS1... i think VII (which was pretty sweet). but i loved the first ones for NES.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:23 AM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Lets see, what am I playing now....

PS2
SOCOM, SOCOM, SOCOM..... Nothin but SOCOM. Greatest game EVAR. Well, online it is. Offline game sucks.

Xbox
World Series Baseball.
Return to Castle Wolfinstein

GameCube
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Old 06-11-2003, 06:57 PM   #21
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:

veruca, i used to love the final fantasy games, but i haven't played one in a while. the last one i played was for PS1... i think VII (which was pretty sweet). but i loved the first ones for NES.
VII was awesome, it was the 1st one I ever played, I was a bit young for the NES ones, though they have released II-VI on
the ps1 here now, which is great. They're so funny to play though, because they just look hilariously bad, especially if you've played
FFX.

I can't wait for FFX-2 though, so many times i've wanted them to follow up a story.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-12-2003, 08:06 AM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, the graphics were pretty funny. short, squatty guys... that pretty much look all like.

did you ever play legend of dragoon for PS1? (the title was something like that). it's an RPG like FF, but you actually take an active hand in the battles, by timing combos and such. the story wasn't that bad either.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:06 PM   #23
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I think i've seen it in my game collection but never played it. I didn't really game before i met my boyfriend but he
has LOADS in there. I know there is atleast 20 RPGs i've got to work my way through. There is definitely some kind of 'Dragoon' game
in there, I should check it out.

Smile like you mean it
Old 06-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

If you ever get a chance..check out the Wizardry games. Excellent RPG games. To this day, Wizardry II on NES is still the best game I've ever played..regardless of system
Old 06-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #25
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Just rented MVP Baseball and I have to say that it is the best baseball game that I have played since RBI back on the Nintendo. It's about time there's a good baseball game out there.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

ha..RBI Baseball was absolute greatness
Old 06-13-2003, 07:35 AM   #27
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, my brother and i played Bases Loaded on nintendo for hours on end.

we found out that if you hit the best guy on the other team, he'd ALWAYS charge the mound and get ejected. pretty funny.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #28
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I finally beat Vice City. BBL & Chiwas, the ending wasn't that long.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:41 PM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i havent beaten vice city. it was long for GTA3.