Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #281
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Db.com hasn't been a decent place to talk in quite some time phish. Trolls, admins and mods have seen to that.

One thing I like about here is there is no trolling or almost none. The members don't tolerate it. Self policing works here, though I'm not sure it ever really worked as good as they professed over there.

Yeah, there might be fewer topics and discussion going on here. And being new I'll admit I'm hesitant to start one not knowing the laws of the land yet. But that's my problem.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #282
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
We're not as awesome as we used to be here, I'll concede that.
This site was awesome until Underdog ruined it...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #283
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Yeah, there might be fewer topics and discussion going on here. And being new I'll admit I'm hesitant to start one not knowing the laws of the land yet. But that's my problem.
That's pretty smart on your part. The mantra here, from what I've seen, is if you're new...learn the lay of the land and be respectful and don't try to big the big new stud. Just learn and don't come in with an agenda and you'll be totally fine.

BTW, thanks to you AND everyone else for the praise...I really do appreciate it.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #284
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

We need Murph on FSSN Mavs pre/post game.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #285
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I once made a proclamation that windmill360 was one of the greatest newer members to come along in many, many months... You did some really cool things for the site when you first came on board....very solid contributor.

Personally, I wish that I had more time to dedicate to the Mavs and this site. But, the career kinda gets in the way. It's cool that I have the chance to run the show from the accounting and financial side with the company that I work for...but it eats into my time to talk sports.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #286
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just because I'm a radio geek - what'd he used to host on WBAP? Postgame when they still carried the Mavs? Just wondering because I used to listen to WBAP nearly all my waking hours when they were still the Rangers and Mavs flagship station. I don't remember Fisher at all, but I also don't remember who did the Mavs postgame show.

I do clearly remember Extra Innings with David Hatchet, and very briefly, a man named Greg Williams. Not sure if anybody around here remembers him.. dunno what he did after he left WBAP.
Wally Lynn did the post-game show. He's now on ESPN Radio in Austin.

Now that I think about it, Wally Lynn and Mike Fisher may have both been on KLIF. Lynn hosted a post-game show, and Fisher had an afternoon program.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #287
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think you'll find most people here will be allergic to that particular opinion. I always felt like the DB.com forums were a stew of hot mess. But if you crave a different structure for discussion here, feel free to create it. There's a new thread button somewhere on the page. We're not as awesome as we used to be here, I'll concede that. But when you're incredibly good and you slip a little, you're still pretty damn good.
let me clarify what i meant regarding the structure of the way the two boards seem to operate.

- here, there are relatively few topics that are current because they are so broad. i.e. Dirk's injury, Caron Butler Thread, Roddy development etc.
-also they have 250+ posts each, and thats basically a lot to sift through before responding to the tail end of a topic which has likely taken many tangents.
-And its almost 3 oclock on a GameDay and there are only 6 topics that have been discussed today. There is the GameDay thread of course, and i suppose thats where most of the discussion is relegated.

i agree about db.com being a mess. its been this way for going on 3 seasons. several of us did what we could to maintain some semblance of order and civility... and basically the volume of the threads and size of the whole platform allowed you to have pockets of good discussion, but there were probably 5 awful threads to every thoughtful one. and it only served to muck the place up and that angered people who started more threads about the lame threads.... and so forth.

I'm sure there is a happy medium somewhere in terms of thread volume and breadth of topic. I feel safe saying that its likely more than 5.

as others have said, being new, i'm simply observing and discovering the general attitudes of everyone.

I do appreciate that there does seem to be a more serious attempt at relevant discussion here tho.

TL;DR - This place needs more than 5 topics being discussed daily. DB has too many irrelevant topics. the happy medium seems achievable
Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #288
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
Wally Lynn did the post-game show. He's now on ESPN Radio in Austin.

Now that I think about it, Wally Lynn and Mike Fisher may have both been on KLIF. Lynn hosted a post-game show, and Fisher had an afternoon program.
Yeah, I know for sure Fish was on KLIF at some point before 1190, so that may be it.

I didn't realize Wally had actually gone to another radio gig. I assumed he was just simmering around here someplace. After not hearing his name in ages, he did resurface here a year or two ago doing postgames on 103.3, maybe after B&S moved out of it? Or maybe it was before they came over from 105.3 in the first place... hard to keep up with all the moves. Started listening to the Ticket postgame anyway, after Wally showed up on 103.3, though.

I love me a good post-game show. Grew up on it. Wally was a kick in the nuts in recent times. Can't imagine how bad it was back when Donald Hodge was a topic of discussion.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #289
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the most I've seen Rhylan post.

It should be noted, for his protection, just in case it happens: "Butlerrang" is Rhylan's
Old 01-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #290
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This is the most I've seen Rhylan post.

It should be noted, for his protection, just in case it happens: "Butlerrang" is Rhylan's
My heyday on this board was 2001-2004. Some of y'all (although not BG) were eating strained peas back then.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #291
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Wally's been doing some bit stuff on the Fan. He filled in on the morning show over the holidays. And he did some stuff with Whitt when Greggo was sick.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #292
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
My heyday on this board was 2001-2004. Some of y'all (although not BG) were eating strained peas back then.
I have weak teeth so that's a routine meal for me
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #293
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

BG likes to carry two styrofoam cups around.. one with strained peas and one with Sonic ocean water.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #294
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
BG likes to carry two styrofoam cups around.. one with strained peas and one with Sonic ocean water.
I demand that Whataburger crushes their food into a very friendly manner that works for me.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #295
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

With all due respect to this fine community, I'd like to add my support to those who wish for more topics.

I agree that multiple topics covering the EXACT same ground are annoying, but having to read 7-8 pages of a thread before commenting is, in my opinion, equally off-putting.

Further, and I know this is kind of petty on my part, the titles of these epic threads are quite sterile and generic -- almost boring. So much so that I've landed here on numerous occasions - with every intention of contributing - only to discover that nothing really peaks my interest. Of course I know, even in those moments, that if I read through enough of one particular thread I'll eventually find the pulse of its conversation, but often times that prospect seems kind of unappealing.

I will say this: An extremely high percentage of this board's regulars are intelligent, observant and articulate, which is great. I guess I just don't see a connection between that situation and the "rules", if that's even the right word.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 01-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #296
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I once caddied for Wally Lynn at Twin Wells for a Nike event we were doing with Sergio Garcia. I was thinking of going into radio at the time and he gave me his card and told me to call if I ever needed anything. Really nice guy.

</coolstorybro>

I remember Wally and Leon on KLIF, with Fish on before them in the mid-afternoon.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 01-06-2011 at 07:34 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #297
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
With all due respect to this fine community, I'd like to add my support to those who wish for more topics.
You know, the nice thing about this site is that you're totally free to make more threads anytime you want - there's no rule against it. The mods aren't stopping anybody.

Hell, this site used to have a lot more threads at one time, but I think we all got kinda lazy... I know there are more than a few posters who read every post that goes up (with the 'new posts' tab up at the top), so they don't really differentiate from thread to thread. They (we) just follow whichever conversation happens to be rolling at the moment... For us, the whole forum is one giant thread so we don't always start a new one when we go off on a tangent.

But there's little resistance to new threads (unless they're obviously redundant) - if you start one, the conversation will usually gravitate in that direction...

Any kind of change on this site completely user-initiated. Please feel free to breathe a breath of fresh air into our community (I'm not against more threads, just as long as it's quality over quantity...)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-06-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: because I can
Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #298
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
But there's little resistance to new threads
As long as it has stats. Lots of stats. No GIFs.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-06-2011 at 08:06 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #299
BGMaverick9
Guru

This really doesn't have anything to do with the thread but I need some help.

SBNation is making a "highlight-reel" for articles and I've been asked to submit two of my pieces to potentially be involved...I really don't know what was good or great, I figured the best thing to do would be ask YOU since it's meant for the readers.

Just PM me with you top two choices for articles that you really liked, please.

Thanks

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-06-2011 at 08:07 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #300
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I once caddied for Wally Lynn at Twin Wells for a Nike event we were doing with Sergio Garcia. I was thinking of going into radio at the time and he gave me his card and told me to call if I ever needed anything. Really nice guy.

</coolstorybro>

I remember Wally and Leon on KLIF, with Fish on before them in the mid-afternoon.
Did you wear the white coveralls, with his name on the back?

I've always kinda liked Wally Lynn. Don't know exactly why some folks would dislike him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #301
Underdog

Quote:
This really doesn't have anything to do with the thread but I need some help.

SBNation is making a "highlight-reel" for articles and I've been asked to submit two of my pieces to potentially be involved...I really don't know what was good or great, I figured the best thing to do would be ask YOU since it's meant for the readers.

Just PM me with you top two choices for articles that you really liked, please.

Thanks
This is a real good example of a topic that needs a new thread...

(you set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down!)

Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #302
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

The new posts tab does make it seem like there is one big conversation, and that is one of the reasons why I love this site... Its like one big continuous conversation about the Mavs and life in general.

If you have something to say, type it in an existing thread...if its something meaningful, start a thread. However starting a thread to say Barea sucks when there is a game day thread full of similar sentiments is a waste of time.

The new post tab is your friend people, use it

Last edited by Mav Addict; 01-06-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Auto correction suck
Mav Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #303
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
This is a real good example of a topic that needs a new thread...

(you set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down!)
then it's just a glorified praise me thread and I'm not about that...not at all.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #304
Underdog

Quote:
then it's just a glorified praise me thread and I'm not about that...not at all.
I thought it was about SBNation's highlight reel...

Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #305
BGMaverick9
Guru

I know, but I needed input on what pieces from me that you guys liked the most.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #306
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the one with fewer than six comma splices.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #307
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Probably the one with fewer than six comma splices.
Fair enough. I never said I was the best, I'm not even close to that. I'm still trying to learn and get better every day.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #308
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Fair enough. I never said I was the best, I'm not even close to that. I'm still trying to learn and get better every day.
You're quite welcome. Just keep trying to make Fish a little more obsolete and remind me why I prefer steak over fish anyway.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #309
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I would say mastery of the English language is the next thing to work on. Your strengths are your inside access giving you a lot of good material, as well as the obscure yet interesting statistics you manage to find. Just need to step it up in the communication department.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #310
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

Quote:
You know, the nice thing about this site is that you're totally free to make more threads anytime you want - there's no rule against it. The mods aren't stopping anybody.
Actually I've seen a few times where people tried to start threads on more specific topics and the mods told them off, and everyone basically told them to stop making extra threads.

I'd like more threads too.

But otherwise this place is really great and the mods do a great job.

Last edited by JHT; 01-07-2011 at 05:55 AM.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #311
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Actually I've seen a few times where people tried to start threads on more specific topics and the mods told them off, and everyone basically told them to stop making extra threads.

I'd like more threads too.

But otherwise this place is really great and the mods do a great job.
Extra redundant threads are going to be frowned upon by the mods. A thread a day about how jjb sucks, cardinal sucks, rc sucks, we need to trade jkiddo, we need a new backup, etc. is going to be frowned upon. First they are pretty rotten threads in general, secondly if all someone wants to do is vent then do it in the gdthreads.

but if it's something new, different and stands on it's on, by all means.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #312
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll give the "new posts" tab a try for a while to see if it helps me with the board's rhythm.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #313
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Some posters on this site are idiots.

Some of those idiots like to make redundant threads.

Don't be an idiot and it won't be a problem...

(simple enough, right?)

Old 01-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #314
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

This thread is really going a lot of places, ironically enough.

1. Wally Lynn (chum) - didn't say I didn't LIKE the guy, just didn't like listening to him on Mavs postgame.

2. Threads (JHT and KilerLeft) - start some. I hate the pile-everything-into-one mentality as well. In almost 10 years I've never seen a moderator remove a non-duplicate thread on this site that was getting participation. So go for it. Also.. on the generic thread names.. If I go remove the word "thread" from the thread title, will it make anyone feel better? What the hell else would you call "Caron Butler injury?"

3. BG's Masters Degree in English (dirkadirkastan) - sounds like BG has a volunteer for a proofreader.

Last edited by Rhylan; 01-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #315
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hell, this site used to have a lot more threads at one time, but I think we all got kinda lazy... I know there are more than a few posters who read every post that goes up (with the 'new posts' tab up at the top), so they don't really differentiate from thread to thread. They (we) just follow whichever conversation happens to be rolling at the moment... For us, the whole forum is one giant thread so we don't always start a new one when we go off on a tangent.

But there's little resistance to new threads (unless they're obviously redundant) - if you start one, the conversation will usually gravitate in that direction...

Any kind of change on this site completely user-initiated. Please feel free to breathe a breath of fresh air into our community (I'm not against more threads, just as long as it's quality over quantity...)
He actually has a good point. New threads are frowned upon by some especially if started be someone outside their circle of circle jerkers.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-07-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #316
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Some posters on this site are idiots.

Some of those idiots like to make redundant threads.

Don't be an idiot and it won't be a problem...

(simple enough, right?)
And then there's you.. you have a class all your own.

Last edited by Murphy3; 01-07-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #317
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
And yes, there are more than a few people that will jump your ass when someone other than those that are in their little group start a new thread.
Maybe you could cite an example that isn't in your imagination?

Other than mavs777 hijacking GDT's, I can't think of anyone getting bagged on for starting a new thread anytime recently...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #318
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

new thread created. simple, Finite questions posed. lets see what happens.

Tags
fish n chips, fish=dust exaggerator, fluff?